LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 437 users in the forums

Good Article on Baalke & the Draft

Thoughts??
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2413701-what-recent-history-suggests-about-the-san-francisco-49ers-2015-nfl-draft-plan?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=san-francisco-49ers
Good read

Basically stats what we already know in that we have no idea what Baalke will do lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Good read

Basically stats what we already know in that we have no idea what Baalke will do lol

We know that id there is a WZ consensus on who we should pick, he'll get someone else...
I think Baalke drafts for where he wants the team to go. When he drafted Lemichael James and Aj Jenkins I am convinced he envisioned CK7 as the qb and spreading the field out with James being able to run around the edge and Jenkins stretching the field. Those players did not work out obviously.

Last year Baalke saw over 50% of the defense being in nickel. If anyone had us grabbing Ward in round 1 you are my hero. That came out of no where, but if Ward works out, he built for the future.

What will the future bring, who knows? I do think he will draft for need in 2015 as most folks agree this draft is a crap shoot.

I think he goes.

round 1- CB
round 2- ILB
round 3- DL

Which of course means he will do something opposite.
It's funny that they argue that this is his first draft as the only voice in the room, but that his draft history should help understand what he'll do now. It should stand to reason that additional voices in the room would have influenced his previous drafts, thus making his history a poor predictor of his future.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Mar 31, 2015 at 1:38 PM ]
i dont see us going corner or ILB in round 1.

i like wilhoite next to bow and I'd bet baalke is comfortable with our corners so that he doesnt go rd1.

I can see a trade down and him going trenches
Share 49ersWebzone