There are 224 users in the forums

Will 2011 be the 'Year of the Quarterback', Like '83 and '99?

Will 2011 be the 'year of the Quarterback', Like '83 and '99?

I know its (way too) early, but it looks like 2011 will be the best year to take a QB in quite some time. Some have called Andy Luck the best NFL QB prospect since Peyton Manning (and as smart and polished), and Mallett (6-7, 250 jeff george-caliber arm) may be a once-a-decade type prospect as well...and Jake Locker is no slouch (Neither is Devlin, and Pryor could light up the combine like we've never seen). We could see 5 or 6 QB go in the first round next year...maybe seven.

Now, I think this is a good thing for the 49ers. In a make-or-break year fo Alex Smith, 2011 would be an excellent opportunity to start over with a rookie if Alex Smith fails (I think he will play well this year).

But with this type of QB class and our precarious position w/ Smith, would it be Smart to load up on Ammo for 2011? Stockpile an extra 2nd rounder for 2011 (or a 1st) in order to be in position to trade up?

Potential First Round Prospects:

Andrew Luck, Stanford
Ryan Mallett, Arkansas
Jake Locker, Washington
Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State
Pat Devlin, Delaware
Nick Foles, Arizona
Pryor is hot garbage.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Pryor is hot garbage.

Id take taht HOT GARBAGE ON THE 49ERS ALL DAY! DUDE IS A GAME CHANGER.
what about dude from Miami U
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Pryor is hot garbage.

Originally posted by YorkHater:
what about dude from Miami U

Jacory Harris is good too.
Pryor is hot garbage.

He averages 12 passes a game....get real
Pryor is hot garbage.

No No No. The guy is FINALLY learning to play QB. He's relied on his athleticism for too long, but did you see him in the Rose Bowl??? He looked great. Give him one more year.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Pryor is hot garbage.

No No No. The guy is FINALLY learning to play QB. He's relied on his athleticism for too long, but did you see him in the Rose Bowl??? He looked great. Give him one more year.

He's going to be a WR in the NFL
Pryor is hot garbage.

He averages 12 passes a game....get real

37 passes in the Rose Bowl + 20 carries. He is starting to come into his own.

Pryor is hot garbage.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=4985289

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/375068-will-pryor-become-an-nfl-caliber-qb
Pryor is hot garbage.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=4985289

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/375068-will-pryor-become-an-nfl-caliber-qb

So your sources are Jemele Hill and David Thurman....who just wrote an article titled Ohio State: Imagine Terrelle Pryor at Wideout...Well, Kinda and said I always hoped Pryor could somehow play multiple positions on the field at once, maybe now he can!
Will 2011 be the 'year of the Quarterback', Like '83 and '99?

I know its (way too) early, but it looks like 2011 will be the best year to take a QB in quite some time. Some have called Andy Luck the best NFL QB prospect since Peyton Manning (and as smart and polished), and Mallett (6-7, 250 jeff george-caliber arm) may be a once-a-decade type prospect as well...and Jake Locker is no slouch (Neither is Devlin, and Pryor could light up the combine like we've never seen). We could see 5 or 6 QB go in the first round next year...maybe seven.

Now, I think this is a good thing for the 49ers. In a make-or-break year fo Alex Smith, 2011 would be an excellent opportunity to start over with a rookie if Alex Smith fails (I think he will play well this year).

But with this type of QB class and our precarious position w/ Smith, would it be Smart to load up on Ammo for 2011? Stockpile an extra 2nd rounder for 2011 (or a 1st) in order to be in position to trade up?

Potential First Round Prospects:

Andrew Luck, Stanford
Ryan Mallett, Arkansas
Jake Locker, Washington
Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State
Pat Devlin, Delaware
Nick Foles, Arizona

I like Luck and Locker, Harbaugh and Sarkisian(sp?) run pro-like systems.
perfect timing since this is Axle Smith's last chance to prove he's worth a s**t.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
perfect timing since this is Axle Smith's last chance to prove he's worth a s**t.

Jake Locker
Share 49ersWebzone