LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 362 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
I'm so annoyed by Mighty Mouse. Tainting this record. Had an opportunity to set the record legitimately by beating dillashaw. But takes the b***h way out with an easy win over Borg. Other then Dodson he really hasn't fought anyone good. He'll never be the goat in my eyes. Silva jones and GSP waaaay ahead of him

He'll be crushed.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'm so annoyed by Mighty Mouse. Tainting this record. Had an opportunity to set the record legitimately by beating dillashaw. But takes the b***h way out with an easy win over Borg. Other then Dodson he really hasn't fought anyone good. He'll never be the goat in my eyes. Silva jones and GSP waaaay ahead of him

He'll be crushed.

He should be. My opinion is the most important in the whole wide world!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

He'll be crushed.

that's what i'm sayin

He'll be crushed.

that's what i'm sayin

Lol

Yeah, I hate it when the #3 contender with an 11-2 record gets a title shot over a guy who's never fought in the weight class before. It's like, what kind of farce is this? It's as bad as a guy with no professional boxing experience going up against an undefeated boxer who many argue to be the greatest boxer of all-time.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – A mixed martial arts fighter has died after losing a match in Kentucky.

Gary Thomas of Hardrock MMA promotions, which put on the event, told The Courier-Journal that 37-year-old Donshay White of Radcliff, Kentucky, died Saturday after competing in a heavyweight match in Louisville against challenger Ricky Muse.

Thomas said White collapsed in the locker room after the fight and was taken to a hospital.

Thomas said officials called the match in Muse's favor two minutes into the second round.

Media report the Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Commission said in a statement that a licensed physician and first responders treated White immediately following the fight. The commission says it is reviewing details of the incident
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Yeah, I hate it when the #3 contender with an 11-2 record gets a title shot over a guy who's never fought in the weight class before. It's like, what kind of farce is this? It's as bad as a guy with no professional boxing experience going up against an undefeated boxer who many argue to be the greatest boxer of all-time.

Dillashaw fought Dodson at 125, and is a former 135 champion, and currently #1 contender at 135... but Borg deserves it more? Lol. If you're fighting for the best record in the sports history, don't be scared to earn it the harder way. Especially when you are in the weakest division.
Dillashaw fought Dodson at 125, and is a former 135 champion, and currently #1 contender at 135... but Borg deserves it more? Lol. If you're fighting for the best record in the sports history, don't be scared to earn it the harder way. Especially when you are in the weakest division.

No. That fight against Dodson was at 135, and Dodson knocked him out in the 1st round. The same Dodson that's been worked twice by the champ both times over 5 rounds. If Dillashaw wants 125 title shot, he needs to have a fight against a top contender at 125 to prove he can make the weight, and then maybe he gets a crack at Mighty Mouse.

No. That fight against Dodson was at 135, and Dodson knocked him out in the 1st round. The same Dodson that's been worked twice by the champ both times over 5 rounds. If Dillashaw wants 125 title shot, he needs to have a fight against a top contender at 125 to prove he can make the weight, and then maybe he gets a crack at Mighty Mouse.

Agree to disagree
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Nice. Yeah during the summer it's a sweat box in my garage as well, so I'll have to keep an eye on that. Will also do what you mentioned . I have a dip bar I can just slide under it to alleviate the tension. I've loved mine so far, but like said my big gripe is the broken springs, hopefully this will help .
How heavy is your bag?

100lbs. I went home for lunch and just slid a 35lb dumbell under the bag, took all the tension off the springs/bands.

Well the last spring and band went out...guess I'll work on my ground and pound until I get my new mount

[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 20, 2017 at 7:58 PM ]

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol damn. how long did it last? You should write a complaint on amazon. Bet they send you new springs and bands for free.

Agree to disagree

What a cop out when faced with the facts. I'm glad you aren't a mod or I'd be facing a six month ban.
lol damn. how long did it last? You should write a complaint on amazon. Bet they send you new springs and bands for free.

About a year which is b******t. My wife thinks I need to write to the actual manufacturer , but I thought Amazon as well. Going to send them a letter with pics this weekend. The details clearly stated it holds up to 150lbs so not sure why these snapped. I guess I'm just too strong lol

Agree to disagree

What a cop out when faced with the facts. I'm glad you aren't a mod or I'd be facing a six month ban.

Not a cop out. Just don't feel like arguing when I know you're wrong. True, it was at 135 so my bad there. But not a doubt in my mind Dillashaw would make the weight. And we both know that was a baby dillashaw that lost to Dodson, a rematch would play out differently. Mighty Mouse turned down the fight for no reason other than the fact that he fears dillashaws skills, but doesn't fear Borgs. There is a fact for u
and you know Borg has had trouble making weight in the past right... so the weight cut argument for dillashaw is not valid... borg weighed in at 129.5 against Smolka. Missed by over 4lbs, and that's a fact buddy. He will be expected to make 125 on the dot for this match. What has he done to prove he is reliable for making that weight? Dillashaw is actually more reliable in my opinion. Johnson fears fighting dillashaw because he fears not breaking the record. He knows he will beat Borg. Simple as that. I can't respect that, but to each his own. You grab your popcorn and watch that boring ass fight
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Jul 21, 2017 at 1:14 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone