Originally posted by kunged:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by kunged:
Not a fan of Barcelona tbh, it's boring football and they really struggle to get forward momentum without Messi. Yes they can pass it backwards or sideways a lot but it isn't fun to watch.

This season Borussia Dortmund have been playing some incredible football, really entertaining to watch and their passing is much more attacking focused. They should have beaten Real in the Group stages and absolutely dominated Man City

You're in a very small minority with that opinion. You may have your own personal opinion, nothing wrong with that but most experts, players, and coaches will tell you that they are the most exciting team to watch since Sacchi's Milan.

I can definitely appreciate that I might be in a minority, but from an entirely subjective study – friends, people I come in contact with day to day - I find there is an increasing feeling that they play a "boring" style of football.
I know that from a technical point of view it is incredible, but I find the small sideways passing boring. I also think that they are getting found out, teams are learning how to combat it and there are several ways - Chelsea's sit back and defend or Madrid's speedy wide play to name a few that have been successful recently. Most of their big scores rely on getting an early goal and teams having to chase the game, which plays into their hands. Their inability to change their style of play has cost them.

I wouldn't call it boring , just that if you watched every game of barca that the style of play would get pretty old pretty quick. They obviously have games where they are just technically brilliant and really good fun to watch. But if they are not on song it could be seen as boring. Plus whenever the little maestro Isn't playing they can be pretty subpar and I lose interest pretty quick.

Borussia Dortmund have been sensational this season really fun to watch. And a good story too they had to make some hard choices after winning the league a few years ago and it's really paid off ( gives me hope Liverpool will turn it around )