There are 679 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

hey jr whatdo u think dowegive up Tavares for price or lester or do we stand pat and see what lyons turnsout to be next year.I don't really want lester for 2 months and I really think price is not worth miller and Oscar.U live out there what are the rumblings going on there.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
hey jr whatdo u think dowegive up Tavares for price or lester or do we stand pat and see what lyons turnsout to be next year.I don't really want lester for 2 months and I really think price is not worth miller and Oscar.U live out there what are the rumblings going on there.

I wouldn't trade Oscar for anyone but Tulowitzki or Stanton (those who could possible be traded).

I'm not a fan of the Miller/Taveras/draft pick rumor that is going around as of yesterday. I wouldn't mind Lester, but not at what Boston wants for a rental.

The deal I'd like to see done is a AAA prospect (Piscotty, Grichuk, etc) or sort of deal to Philadelphia for Cole Hamels
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Good article

http://www.robrains.com/CARDINALSBASEBALL/tabid/91/entryid/1825/cole-hamels-should-be-at-top-of-list-of-cardinals-trade-options.aspx
Originally posted by jrg:
Good article

http://www.robrains.com/CARDINALSBASEBALL/tabid/91/entryid/1825/cole-hamels-should-be-at-top-of-list-of-cardinals-trade-options.aspx

good read thanks for the link.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
team is pathetic.

blow it up.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lackey and Pieryzinski

lol
Lackey and Pieryzinski

lol

How do you feel about giving up Craig? It seems like you sold way low on him.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Lackey and Pieryzinski

lol

I'm on the fence regarding this trade. If you look at it on paper, sure it isn't the best deal. But if you start to think deeper into it, I can see how it'd make sense. Joe Kelly doesn't seem much more than a back of a rotation kinda guy. 4-5 starter. Allen Craig is gonna lose that RF job eventually. It is stupid to keep doing this Craig then Taveras then Craig then Taveras nonsense. Get one of them consistent at bats to improve their swing and most importantly their confidence. Can't be fun having a good day and then being on the bench the next day, so this will allow Taveras to take over RF and get consistent playing time. With Kelly, we eventually had to move an arm anyway. We have so many young SPs in AAA just waiting. Guys like Jaime Garcia and Joe Kelly are just holding them back.

Helps that Taveras already hit a 2-run HR today
Originally posted by Niners99:
Lackey and Pieryzinski

lol

I'm on the fence regarding this trade. If you look at it on paper, sure it isn't the best deal. But if you start to think deeper into it, I can see how it'd make sense. Joe Kelly doesn't seem much more than a back of a rotation kinda guy. 4-5 starter. Allen Craig is gonna lose that RF job eventually. It is stupid to keep doing this Craig then Taveras then Craig then Taveras nonsense. Get one of them consistent at bats to improve their swing and most importantly their confidence. Can't be fun having a good day and then being on the bench the next day, so this will allow Taveras to take over RF and get consistent playing time. With Kelly, we eventually had to move an arm anyway. We have so many young SPs in AAA just waiting. Guys like Jaime Garcia and Joe Kelly are just holding them back.

Helps that Taveras already hit a 2-run HR today

I agree that they should have traded Craig to open a spot for Taveras. It just seems like such low value considering how good he has been until this year.
Am I wrong but I could of sworn when they were first talking about Oscar years ago he was going to be a center fielder I guess he couldn't cut it there or I could be wrong again.lol

• jrg
  • Veteran
Am I wrong but I could of sworn when they were first talking about Oscar years ago he was going to be a center fielder I guess he couldn't cut it there or I could be wrong again.lol

He is just too big. Dude is built like a tank.
I don't think Tampa got s**t for price but they were trying to rob us b*****ds.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wish it would've only took Craig for Lackey

Gonna miss Joe Kelly

The Best of Joe Kelly

He is about 40 pounds lighter than Puig. I dont think its his size that prohibits him from playing CF
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

He is about 40 pounds lighter than Puig. I dont think its his size that prohibits him from playing CF
also Jason Heyward is 3 inches taller and 45 lbs heavier and he plays CF from time to time, james is jsut making excuses
Share 49ersWebzone