There are 528 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Got a friend who's looking to listen to today's game through an app on her phone. I told her about the MLB At Bat app but it's not free. Are there any other options for her?
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So what are the options at 1B if Belt continues to fail? Excluding moving Posey there of course.

when does Pill come back?

I just checked the box score on mlb.com, it said pill, abreu and quiroz were on our bench????

that cant be right? Noonan has been playing
Originally posted by nothing03:
Anyone we can bring up as a starter? Timmy could be a perfect middle reliever but if he gets similar game like this one it should be best to put him in the pen just like in the playoffs.

My own little prediction last year when he started off so terrible was that by beginning of 2013 season he would be the Giants closer, considering his struggles at that time and the Wilson situation (injured, would be a FA). When they put Lincecum in the pen during postseason and he did so well, I thought my prediction might come true. But they're being stubborn on this and thinking he can still be an effective starter. Now I'm not so sure that closer would be the right role for him, but as you say, middle relief might be best spot for him. I wasn't sold on Romo as a closer, thought he was best-suited as a setup man, but can't argue with his results thus far.
It shouldn't have to be said, but seemingly every year people forget that......the baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint. We're 8 games into the new season people.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
8 games out of 162. Relax! The kid got sick and it hurt his start of the season. He will be OK and there are no better options anyway.

lol. Its a long season dudes. Besides, in baseball, guys go on streaks and slumps all the time.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
My own little prediction last year when he started off so terrible was that by beginning of 2013 season he would be the Giants closer, considering his struggles at that time and the Wilson situation (injured, would be a FA). When they put Lincecum in the pen during postseason and he did so well, I thought my prediction might come true. But they're being stubborn on this and thinking he can still be an effective starter. Now I'm not so sure that closer would be the right role for him, but as you say, middle relief might be best spot for him. I wasn't sold on Romo as a closer, thought he was best-suited as a setup man, but can't argue with his results thus far.

Romo is 5/5 saves and has allowed 0 runs... I'm pretty sure we are OK at closer.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Romo is 5/5 saves and has allowed 0 runs... I'm pretty sure we are OK at closer.

Yeah, he's surprised me...translation: I was wrong about him.
And with him locking that down and no need to convert Lincecum to that role, I think that would set up Lincecum nicely for a move (fairly soon) to middle/long relief as he did in the playoffs. I know that raises the question of who will take his place in the rotation, but I gotta think there's an arm or two in their farm system that can do at least a little better than what Lincecum has done as a starter the past 1+ seasons.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
8 games out of 162. Relax! The kid got sick and it hurt his start of the season. He will be OK and there are no better options anyway.

lol. Its a long season dudes. Besides, in baseball, guys go on streaks and slumps all the time.

For Belt we can only hope he will get better or at the minimum productive. Not going to get started on Timmy...
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Apr 10, 2013 at 11:57 AM ]
I just checked the box score on mlb.com, it said pill, abreu and quiroz were on our bench????

Pill didn't play in Fresno last night when they defeated Zack Wheeler. In other prospect news, Angel Villalona is 1 for 24 with 9 K's - that's = .042 for San Jose.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Pill didn't play in Fresno last night when they defeated Zack Wheeler. In other prospect news, Angel Villalona is 1 for 24 with 9 K's - that's = .042 for San Jose.

it's too early to be freaking out about ANYTHING

Nice!!!
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Posey
KOBE coming through with a clutch rbi! why don't we see this guy more often lol
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Our bats are starting to warm up. Posey and Belt both with good AB's.
Kevin Durant is here?
Share 49ersWebzone