There are 111 users in the forums

Cliff Lee signs with the Philadelphia Phillies

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
From the ESPN MB:

"Are you kidding me Giants fans? You're a fluke. We are baseball, now. Period. Your lineup was a joke. This is the greatest team on paper of all time."

And so it begins...

thats all that needs to be done with that statement

just read that over there on espn. it's called chemistry and continuity. learn how to hit phillies
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Phillies pitching

vs

Red Sox lineup

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Dino:
halladay
lee
oswalt
hamels
blanton

according to pft hardball section j. blaton, along raul ibanez and a no namer are now available via trade

who the f**k would want those clowns for the money they make? got damn it i wish the giants would be high spenders on good players and not s**ty ones like rowand, renteria, zito and all the other aging pieces of crap sabean would sign and ownership would spend money on. my hatred towards the phils has reached yanks and dodgers level
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
From the ESPN MB:

"Are you kidding me Giants fans? You're a fluke. We are baseball, now. Period. Your lineup was a joke. This is the greatest team on paper of all time."

And so it begins...

So was last year's Phillys. Paper tigers I tell you. Not to mention we were the only team who lit up Lee in the post season anyway, and Timmy beat him twice IIRC.

doc got lit up also when the nation said we the giants were to lose nlcs game #1.. lol
Originally posted by jrg:
Sorry Giants fans..congrats on the World Series, but I'd take the Phillies 9 times outta 10 if I had to pick coming into next year.

on paper you would have picked them 9 out of 10 for last year too, you just never know it depends on who steps up in the playoffs, this year it could be your cards
[ Edited by teeohh on Dec 13, 2010 at 9:26 PM ]
From the ESPN MB:

And so it begins...

just read that over there on espn. it's called chemistry and continuity. learn how to hit phillies

and here come all the idiotic phillies fans jerking off onto the streets of philadelphia and talking crap out of their asses
Damn I was kinda hoping for an ESPN special on his decision
Damn
MOTHER f**kER!

Pissed off James?
Phillies pitching

vs

Red Sox lineup

good pitching will almost always beat good hitting. plus philly lineup ain't no joke either

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
From the ESPN MB:

And so it begins...

and here come all the idiotic phillies fans jerking off onto the streets of philadelphia and talking crap out of their asses

Same s**t as always. It's cool, though. While they look towards a possible future, we're still basking in the glow of 2010, and the fact that both those undefeatables fell to Timmy and the Giants. I'm not concerned, I'm actually excited.
Originally posted by AC49er:
Damn I was kinda hoping for an ESPN special on his decision

Originally posted by PTulini:
MOTHER f**kER!

Pissed off James?

Phillies pitching

vs

Red Sox lineup

pretty sick. Very difficult to not see those 2 in the World Series. Baseball is a f**king joke.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
From the ESPN MB:

And so it begins...

So was last year's Phillys. Paper tigers I tell you. Not to mention we were the only team who lit up Lee in the post season anyway, and Timmy beat him twice IIRC.

doc got lit up also when the nation said we the giants were to lose nlcs game #1.. lol

Yep. I'll still take our team over theirs. Not to mention they're going to probably have to clear some salary by trading dudes after they just paid Lee so much money. How much money they got tied up in Pitchers, like 90 million per year?
Originally posted by teeohh:
Sorry Giants fans..congrats on the World Series, but I'd take the Phillies 9 times outta 10 if I had to pick coming into next year.

on paper you would have picked them 9 out of 10 for last year too, you just never know it depends on who steps up in the playoffs, this year it could be your cards

Share 49ersWebzone