LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 309 users in the forums

ANYONE SEE GALLARAGA GET ROBBED?!

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
People are overreacting to the blown call. It was a lot closer than people are letting on. If that call gets made in the 3rd, nobody is talking about it the way they are now.

The ump should absolutely not lose his job over that - worse calls have been made, and do get made on a nearly daily basis.

that is complete BS.... how sad...

we all know it was a perfect game though
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

that is complete BS.... how sad...

we all know it was a perfect game though

Wow. I hadn't seen it yet. That was not close, at all. The guy was 3 feet from the bag.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
People are overreacting to the blown call. It was a lot closer than people are letting on. If that call gets made in the 3rd, nobody is talking about it the way they are now.

The ump should absolutely not lose his job over that - worse calls have been made, and do get made on a nearly daily basis.

I actually agree with sixth, that play was closer than people are making it out to be, and blown calls happen all the time, tough look for Galarraga. Don't get me wrong, he's a fellow Venezuelan I would have loved it if it happened, but this is getting blown out of proportion QUICK
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I actually agree with sixth, that play was closer than people are making it out to be, and blown calls happen all the time, tough look for Galarraga. Don't get me wrong, he's a fellow Venezuelan I would have loved it if it happened, but this is getting blown out of proportion QUICK

3 feet from the bag isn't close.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Wow. Talk about cheating Gallaraga, the fans, Austin Jackson.... everone. That may be the worst call I have ever seen given the circumstances. How on earth does the Ump call safe there???????? Unless the runner is OBVIOUSLY safe you have to call him out.

as a former referee, i completely agree with this. i would rather go down in history as the guy who gave him a perfect game than the guy who took it away.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Lol, exactly. You're nuts Sixth/vrabbit..that play wasn't even close...at all.

Yeah if this happened to Timmy or Cain you would be PISSED
  • jrg
  • Veteran

The play was close but it was still an epic fail.

Originally posted by jrg:

Just trying to see it through the eyes of the ump, who does not have the benefit of instant replay, that everyone who will criticize him from now 'til eternity has.

If anyone deserves blame, it's the MLB itself, and their denial to allow more use of instant replay for situations just like this one.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM ]

Can we get the other angle? Where I can see exactly when the ball goes into the glove (the angle looking at the pitcher as hes catching it)...Im kinda on the Sixth/vrabbit bandwagon, it looked a bit closer than you guys are giving it credit for...

i do not think his foot was on the bag yet.

Just trying to see it through the eyes of the ump, who does not have the benefit of instant replay, that everyone who will criticize him from now 'til eternity has.

the thing is that it's not even close...if it was a tough call then OK but it really wasn't.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone