LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 231 users in the forums

Dr. Anthony Galea Charged

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- U.S. authorities have charged a Canadian doctor with unlawfully treating professional football players with unapproved drugs, including human growth hormone.

Dr. Anthony Galea, of Toronto, is named in a federal criminal complaint filed Tuesday in Buffalo.

Galea also treated major league baseball players and pro golfers, but the charges pertain to the NFL players. No athletes were named.

LINK

"Baseball players" includes A-Rod and "pro-golfers" includes T-Woods. I have a feeling this is going to become a big story.
not gonna be a big story b/c it involves football players that weren't even named even if named nobody would care
Originally posted by lamontb:
not gonna be a big story b/c it involves football players that weren't even named even if named nobody would care

I think it will be big if it comes out that he also supplied A-Rod and Tiger, especially Tiger.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:

I think it will be big if it comes out that he also supplied A-Rod and Tiger, especially Tiger.

Agree. Jose Reyes is another guy who was linked to him.
Apparently he treated 23 Athletes.

Very long article, this caught my eye:

Galea has himself admitted visiting Woods at his home outside Orlando four or five times last year, most recently last August, to administer PRP therapy to his left knee. Woods has confirmed being treated by Galea, while strongly denying any use of illegal or banned drugs.

a rod we already know about and if he had supplied tiger i think tht name would've came out pronto but if he did it's huge story

a rod we already know about and if he had supplied tiger i think tht name would've came out pronto but if he did it's huge story

I'm not sure the names would have been released since they haven't been identified. The only thing that's known is that 3 of the players were NFL players. I'll be interested to see what else comes out on this story in the next few days, it seems like it'll be a non-story or a headliner for weeks.

I don't think it will be that big a deal for Tiger. He will just go back to skinny and keep winning like he did when he was skinny.
Share 49ersWebzone