LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 292 users in the forums

Weston Richburg (retired)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This makes the most sense. 49ers probably had an idea that they were gonna target Richburg in FA so if they envisioned him as a C then why re-sign Kilgore?

Jimmy G and Kilgore already have chemistry. Richburgh starts off at G

Reports said he excel at C and maybe not that good at G
Means Kilgore might not start, I'm really happy about that.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Trade Kilgore.
Anyone notices that people here desperately put players off theior best positions to find a spot for a sub average player?
My solution: Trade or release him and get another G in FA or via Draft.

Lolno.

Kilgore stays at center. He and Jimmy have chemistry.
Originally posted by Garce:
Trade Kilgore.
Anyone notices that people here desperately put players off theior best positions to find a spot for a sub average player?

Lolno.

Can Kilgore move to guard?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Trade Kilgore.

Lolno.

Chemistry doesn't win jobs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by cciowa:
perfect!!

Oh a happy cc! Haven't seen that in a while lol

the day is still young .. i want to know what doc thinks of this
Kilgore is not athletic enough for Guard as a full time starter. I'm very confident this means Richburg at LG and Kilgore at C to start. Long term, we very easily could see Richburg slide back over to C.

Most importantly, let's all be honest. We know nothing close to what Shanahan does. If he targets someone offensively early in free agency, I'm on board.
[ Edited by Niners418 on Mar 13, 2018 at 8:27 AM ]
I thought Shanny wants a lighter, more mobile G for his scheme...? If so Kilgore is it.

Didn't they want Garnett to lose weight and go lighter?
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 13, 2018 at 8:30 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Trade Kilgore.

Lolno.

Chemistry doesn't win jobs.
chemistry does not pay the hospital bills when kilgore gets bullrushed by a guy who was working at taco tico last week and jimmy gets a broken collarbone
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners418:
Kilgore is not athletic enough for Guard as a full time starter. I'm very confident this means Richburg at LG and Kilgore at C to start. Long term, we very easily could see Richburg slide back over to C.

Most importantly, let's all be honest. We know nothing close to what Shanahan does. If he targets someone offensively early in free agency, I'm on board.
well. if this theory is true. maybe the door is still open for the team to draft the center from iowa

I think all of the centers and guards will be in competition to start. Prove you are better than the other guy. I wouldn't count Kilgore out of the competition to start at center or guard. Though my hunch is that he won't, he's been counted out before and found a way to be a starter.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Niners418:

well. if this theory is true. maybe the door is still open for the team to draft the center from iowa
I think we'll target a swing tackle/G in the draft.
Whether C or G this was a much needed signing. Good move!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Happy to have him. He's average. Hope people don't make him out to be something he's not. I trust Paarag with his contract.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Kilgore is a backup at best. Probably just have him in competition with Garnett and Tomlinson for guard spots

I would like this move alot more if we also got Sitton or Kline.
Share 49ersWebzone