LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 389 users in the forums

Who Do You Want As Head Coach? 3rd Vote

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who Do You Want As Head Coach? 3rd Vote

I took off Hue Jackson because he won the last vote by so much. Let's assume he is still the overall favorite of this board. Let's say he takes the Giants or Browns job. Who would your next choice?

Vote 1: Sean Payton 36%, Hue Jackson 17%, Mike Holmgren 12%
Vote 2: Hue Jackson 33%, Mike Shanahan 15%, David Shaw 11% (Sean Payton Removed)
Vote 3: Tom Coughlin 30%, Chip Kelly 22%, Mike Shanahan 22%, Josh McDaniels 12%

The Webzone's Preference Of Candidates Left:
1. Hue Jackson 2. Tom Coughlin 3. Mike Shanahan 4. Chip Kelly 5. Josh McDaniels
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 12, 2016 at 11:34 AM ]
Where is the Coughlin but only if he brings McAdoo button?
Originally posted by English:

That would work for me. Already got our succession plan in place.
I still want Jackson as #1 but I'm curious to see how many would be on the Coughlin bandwagon. I bet many would jump from Kelly or Shanahan to Coughlin especially if he brought McAdoo. If Jackson turns us down I'm starting to wonder if we should just say f it and go for a boom or bust in McDaniels. Coughlin, Kelly, Shanahan all say win now. Maybe Jackson says that too... kind of wondering if we should be developing a qb of the future and not trying to win now with Kap/Gabbert.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by English:

That would work for me. Already got our succession plan in place.

This
another day, another vote thread
The question should be "Do you still want Hugh Jackson after that horrific 2 point play call against s**tsburg?"
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
another day, another vote thread

The bad candidate threads arent mine. I've made 3 in about about 8 days since the search began. It was my intention to have 1 but when Payton was out it's kind of a big deal since he got 36% of the votes. And now I wanted to add Coughlin, Koetter and Lovie Smith and take out David Shaw and Gase since they are out. Trying to keep up with who's in the running and seeing where everyone stands. That being said Ive been on here since January of 2005 and have created less threads than some of these new posters do in a week. There is a lot more garbage to worry about on here (in the threads themselves as well) then my "excessive" polls.
Nobody !!!
You guys realize that if we hire Coughlin, were going to be replacing him in like 2 years when he retires after a heart attack on the practice field, right?

Hes going to be 70. He looks 80 because of the stress from his job. Plus hes angry all the time. He needs to just call it a career.

Hopefully this interview is just to get his advice on the roster, and what he would do with it. Possibly who of the coaching candidates weve interviewed he thinks would be best. Thats all.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 11, 2016 at 2:08 PM ]

Hire with the OC as a package.Coughlin will attract good coaches like flies, especially when smelling his demise as near.Guess we should make him get a fisical and life insurance though.
Originally posted by Niners99:
You guys realize that if we hire Coughlin, were going to be replacing him in like 2 years when he retires after a heart attack on the practice field, right?

Hes going to be 70. He looks 80 because of the stress from his job. Plus hes angry all the time. He needs to just call it a career.

Hopefully this interview is just to get his advice on the roster, and what he would do with it. Possibly who of the coaching candidates weve interviewed he thinks would be best. Thats all.

If we are interviewing ages coaches, why not hear out holmgren, see what he can bring to the table.
Originally posted by Team49ers:

If we are interviewing ages coaches, why not hear out holmgren, see what he can bring to the table.

EXACTLY!!!
Nothing wrong with Holmgren or Shanahan if they're willing to not have 100% control on player personnel.
Rooting for Dirk Koetter here.
Share 49ersWebzone