LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 267 users in the forums

Will Kap ever be benched?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Kap ever be benched?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Is about time, don't you think folks?

We now even have players texting the media wanting Kap benched. When is enough enough?

So, will Tomsula/Baalke do it? Or they want to see the entire locker room destroyed first?
[ Edited by Rascal on Nov 1, 2015 at 9:14 PM ]
This can't go on.
Hopefully they cut him...better sooner than later.
I'm I Kap fan. and I cant even support him anymore. not after that crap show yesterday.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
It wont make a difference but they do need to bench him. But they also need to bench at least 2/5 of the lone and they havent done s**t. This coaching staff is full of punk ass pansies.
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
We need to see Gabbert play, he only played with that crappy Jacksonville team, the guy might actually be a good QB
Me too - I've always supported him and just hoped he improved, but that GL run yesterday was NOT good. It just shows that he's not even reading the D. All it would have taken is a quick glance, just had head down and snap.
He'll keep playing until Jed and baalke tell their yes man to sit him.
Would love for them to sit Gabbert just to shut down all the whining for him.
i dont think so

if it ill happen it will be after the bye week but i dont think so

baalke will need to save his job and will blame this season on someone

Personally I'd keep playing him. kap at qb will guarantee we get the #1 draft pick. Kap is so bad he both sucks and blows.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Nov 2, 2015 at 7:14 AM ]
Should he be benched? Hell the **** yeah!

But will he? No.

Why? Because this coaching staff, GM, and owner have ZERO clue what to do with this team. They think either:

1) Kap will snap out of it, become the second coming of Jesus, and win out the rest of the year on his miraculous throwing abilities.

-OR-

2) Benching Kap will decrease his stock in a trade either before deadline or in the off-season before the draft. Funny, because way I see it, playing him further will show how fragile he is mentally and can't make the NFL throws that he used to. Therefore, decreasing his stock in any kind of trade deal.
no team will trade for him with that contract you have to cut him and resign him to get a "fair deal"
Should he be benched? Hell the **** yeah!

But will he? No.

Why? Because this coaching staff, GM, and owner have ZERO clue what to do with this team. They think either:

1) Kap will snap out of it, become the second coming of Jesus, and win out the rest of the year on his miraculous throwing abilities.

-OR-

2) Benching Kap will decrease his stock in a trade either before deadline or in the off-season before the draft. Funny, because way I see it, playing him further will show how fragile he is mentally and can't make the NFL throws that he used to. Therefore, decreasing his stock in any kind of trade deal.
There is a chance Jed is looking at this as "if kap is still starting QB, then he has the value of a starter." But, if he is pulled and Gab is the starter, then kap's trade value is that of a backup, NOT a starter. And that is one of the resaons we may be seeing a lot more of the pathetic kap , regardless of how bad he looks. All the glitter is off now, we see the kap exposed, and it is not a pretty sight. The physique of Adonis, the cannon of an arm, the good looks(GQ quality), matched with the immaturity, failure to learn the playbook backwards and forwards, the inability to throw the 3-5 yd pass, the bailout pass, the screen , and so on. The mid and long range passes are inconsistent at best and the ability to not be able to read Ds is legion. Still, 5 yrs in, not knowing when to take off and when to stand tall in the pocket....everyone knows. Weightlifting instead of booklearning...everyone knows.

So we may be stuck with kap starting because if he doesn't, then his value as a starting QB falls off. One could make the case the more he plays , the more his weaknesses become apparent. I'm in that group, but also wonder if sitting Kap isn't the factor being considered when it comes to sitting kap. Chicken and egg sitiuation, yes, but that is what the facts on the ground could actually be. I hope not, but it is a possibility. Krap!
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Nov 2, 2015 at 7:19 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
There is a chance Jed is looking at this as "if kap is still starting QB, then he has the value of a starter." But, if he is pulled and Gab is the starter, then kap's trade value is that of a backup, NOT a starter. And that is one of the resaons we may be seeing a lot more of the pathetic kap , regardless of how bad he looks. All the glitter is off now, we see the kap exposed, and it is not a pretty sight. The physique of Adonis, the cannon of an arm, the good looks(GQ quality), matched with the immaturity, failure to learn the playbook backwards and forwards, the inability to throw the 3-5 yd pass, the bailout pass, the screen , and so on. The mid and long range passes are inconsistent at best and the ability to not be able to read Ds is legion. Still, 5 yrs in, not knowing when to take off and when to stand tall in the pocket....everyone knows. Weightlifting instead of booklearning...everyone knows.

So we may be stuck with kap starting because if he doesn't, then his value as a starting QB falls off. One could make the case the more he plays , the more his weaknesses become apparent. I'm in that group, but also wonder if sitting Kap isn't the factor being considered when it comes to sitting kap. Chicken and egg sitiuation, yes, but that is what the facts on the ground could actually be. I hope not, but it is a possibility. Krap!

Again you are over-rating the value of a starting QB. There are great starting QBs and there are bad starting QBs. Once teams have seen enough of how bad a starting QB is, in this case Kap, it doesn't matter after that with regards to value. For example, do you think RG3 will be worth more if the Redskins were to play him now? The guy is benched, he is not even dressed.

In fact, I would argue you might have a better chance in retaining a bit more value by not playing him. Give people a rest and let their impressions and memories fade a little over time instead of force-feeding them with constant images week after week of how Kap keeps fxxking up. At the very least, that way teams might not think Kap's confidence is as broken as it may be otherwise if you were to keep playing him.
Share 49ersWebzone