LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 426 users in the forums

Maiocco: Whispers of 'something big' coming after beatdown

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Maiocco: Whispers of 'something big' coming after beatdown

Gonna be something dumb. Like Hayne is cut.
Beers are now:

$10.75

Instead of:

$11.25
[ Edited by wysiwyg on Oct 22, 2015 at 10:14 PM ]
Speaking of trades, anyone know what the point of the Hodges trade was?
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Not buying too much into it. Said the same after a previous games blowout. I think all we got was tiller getting activated.

We've heard about changes schematically, but haven't heard someone like MM come out and say there are rumblings behind the scenes of something 'big' happening. To me that means somebody is getting fired, a trade is made, or a prominent player is getting benched.

MM is Jed's boy. If he says something then something is happening. I believe it.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Speaking of trades, anyone know what the point of the Hodges trade was?

He got some playing time today, but didn't stand out in any way. I can only recall an instance when he blew his coverage and Seattle converted a 2nd and long.
just confirmed. we're trading for a punter.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Had to be a trade. They are most definitely sellers at this point.

That's what I think too. Vernon being the most obvious candidate, since his name was brought up in trade rumors.

No, no, no that won't make sense. If is about Jed York making a big announcement on a big change, for one it will have to be positive. Trading Vernon is not going to make the fans any less pissed off let alone happier.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
GM and QB change? I can't see them firing Tomsula now, may be at the end of the season.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
This would be my serious answer if I had to choose one.

This. If a coaching change, that would be my guess, either that or Mangini gets dumped and Tarver takes over as DC.

If a trade, VD is gone, maybe Wilhoite too.

If personnel moves, Devey gets benched, Tartt moves into starting lineup.

I actually think the D is slowly improving. Mangini will get more time.

The O is regressing (Baltimore was an anomaly)
Then again idk what a new cord could do with that line and Kap anyways.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
This would be my serious answer if I had to choose one.

This. If a coaching change, that would be my guess, either that or Mangini gets dumped and Tarver takes over as DC.

If a trade, VD is gone, maybe Wilhoite too.

If personnel moves, Devey gets benched, Tartt moves into starting lineup.

I'm down with that - Bethea sitting and Tartt getting more snaps. Demote Devey to the marching band.

I don't think changing OC now will do much. And it's asking a lot for Logan to jump from QB coach, that just came back into the league, to OC. But when I hear 'something big', I'm thinking coaching changes, not lineup changes.

Kaep is a goner.... he's Jed and Parag's first scapegoat. Baalke's next and Tomu is the last scapegoat in Jed's arsenal.
Originally posted by GrumpyDad:
just confirmed. we're trading for a punter.

Please almighty god let it be Andy Lee
Originally posted by Rascal:
No, no, no that won't make sense. If is about Jed York making a big announcement on a big change, for one it will have to be positive. Trading Vernon is not going to make the fans any less pissed off let alone happier.

It makes sense in that this team is going nowhere, and Vernon is a FA next year. Might as well put him on the trade block, see if you can get a 2016 draft pick for him. I think the fans would be all for it at this point. It's clear his 49er career is coming to an end.
Kap bout to get traded. They gon' take that crappy offer they didn't take and then lied about during the summer.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
they froze bill walsh's brain, knowing this day would come. tomsula to undergo surgery on Monday.
Share 49ersWebzone