LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 329 users in the forums

To My Faithful... it's necessary.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
To my Faithful,

We've seen this before.

It's ugly, it's depressing, it's embarrassing...I know.

And it will grow worse before we see better days. But it is necessary.

This team not only lost most of it's talent, it lost its soul, it's heart. It's grit. It's leadership.

As faithful we expected this band of young, unheralded, unproven, inexperienced, "project" players to come together and prove to the country that football is still played in San Francisco... that there is pride and hunger behind all the offseason turmoil.

The past two games have not shown us this.

But that doesn't mean it won't happen.

The beautiful thing about all this is that there are still thirteen games for players to rise and grow, to prove something.

Thirteen games to find a new way of winning... to find a new way of doing things.

I'm not here to say we will win. I'm not here to say we will lose.

I'm here to say that whatever the scoreboard tell us at the end of every Sunday, however good or bad we look... it's necessary.

It's necessary for Kap to return to his 2012 form, or to remain the run-first, pass-second QB he is now. Only then will we know exactly what we have.Only then will we know what to look for in next year's draft.

It's necessary for Carlos Hyde to run with anger, to run like every game falls on the fury of his legs. Only then will we know we have a diamond to build off of.

If Tomsula is to be outcouched, outmatched...then it's necessary... only then will Jed and Trent take their medicine.

If our corners are to be burned continually... then it is necessary, only then will we finally invest a high pick on a corner.

If our o-line continues to be demolished then good, let Martin have his growing pains now. Lets see what we have in Thomas.

I'm not here to pretend that we have all the potential in the world. I'm just here to say that this year is necessary to overcome everything that we lost last year. We will gain nothing from b***ng and moaning. Let's play some football games and see what we got.

This is a transition year. Make no mistakes about it. For us to expect different after everything that happened was somewhat naive. It was merely a function of our love for this team.

It will be hard to see, to bear... I know

But it's necessary.

Let's just keep faith that new faces will emerge, that a new pride, a new hunger, a new standard will be set. Only then will we return to being the San Francisco 49ers we all love.
you had at "to my faithful"

then you lost me at "it's necessary"
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Remember in 1994 when we got smoked by the Eagles and Steve Young was benched then we won the super bowl!

Facts.
Originally posted by 16to87:
you had at "to my faithful"

then you lost me at "it's necessary"

The longer all you guys stay in denial, the harder the season is gonna be for you guys...

We have a very young team and the qb we believed to be a franchise qb could be backing up Andy Dalton next season... What do you expect??

Look at all the coaching and talent we lost last season
I can give the op credt. At least youre admitting your naivete when you said "For us to expect different after everything that happened was somewhat naive." For that I can say cheers and share a cold one. Beautiful? Eh idk lol, but I get get your pov.
The Niners won 10 or more games in 16 consecutive seasons from 1983-98 winning 5 Lombardis It was not necessary for the for the team to be left up on blocks with the wheels ripped off'.A llitte tweaking maybe same with the Pats look how long they been in the hunt. there was no need to reload and fire a wining coach. York and Baalke unecessarily set this team back after 3 nfc championship game runs for what .because Jed got his feelings where hurt?
[ Edited by 16to87 on Sep 28, 2015 at 6:27 PM ]
Originally posted by 16to87:
The Niners won 10 or more games in 16 consecutive seasons from 1983-98 winning 5 Lombardis It was not necessary for the for the team to be left up on blocks with the wheels ripped off'.A llitte tweaking maybe same with the Pats look how long they been in the hunt. there was no need to reload and fire a wining coach. York and Baalke unecessarily set this team back after 3 nfc championship game runs for what .because Jed got his feelings where hurt?

I completely understand that. an I'm with you about having let go of Harbaugh.

But I get tired of all the b****g and moaning. harabaugh isn't coming back and neither are those players. Does it suck? Hell yeah. But lets accept it and move forward.

Let's not dwell on the past. Let's take a deep breath and embrace what's ahead of us because it ain't gonna be smooth sailing. Not anytime soon at least.
  • SMAUG
  • Veteran
Good attempt, but you're beating your head against those who flock to the light and are hell bent on extinguishing it.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day!!!

It's necessary to draft and hire well.... It really doesn't matter how many games you give sub-par talent to develop.... This is a talent issue from top to bottom ....
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Remember in 1994 when we got smoked by the Eagles and Steve Young was benched then we won the super bowl!

Facts.

What does that have to do with anything that's happening this season? There is nothing relatable. The 1994 team was stacked with talent including a HOF QB and had a bad game. This year we have a depleted team, a potato for a QB, and had a bad game. I guess Had a Bad Game is relatable.
  • thl408
But is it necessary to create a new thread to say what is necessary? Not necessarily.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Facts.

What does that have to do with anything that's happening this season? There is nothing relatable. The 1994 team was stacked with talent including a HOF QB and had a bad game. This year we have a depleted team, a potato for a QB, and had a bad game. I guess Had a Bad Game is relatable.

i was being sarcastic.
Pragmatism is poorly understood in the 'zone.
Share 49ersWebzone