There are 326 users in the forums

What is the most unfortunate turn of events in 49ers history?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the most unfortunate turn of events in 49ers history?

Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
The departure of Eddie D.

This, by a long shot.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Eddie D hooking up with the two bit hustler, politician, snake oil salesman, thief, Edwin Edwards.

Eddie was just as dumb for that outcome of events
  • titan
  • Veteran
In no particular order:
-Losing our 1st Super Bowl
-Walsh parting ways with the 49ers
-Yorks taking over
-Monntana and Rice wearing different uniforms
-Gifting Crazy Haley to Dallas and getting 2 of what I believed should be our ring.
-Harbaugh short stint due to FO disagreement.
I hate to play devils advocate here but the blame for the Yorks is solely on Eddie
Originally posted by Niners816:
They always try to say getting ken norton in 1994, "evened" it up...IMO, they could have given us 2 nortons and it wouldn't have evened up the loss of an outstanding pass rusher.

Norton was a damn good pickup. He blasted Emmit Smith and brought a fire to our D. But Dallas pass rush without Haley would have been anemic
The day that silver spoon kid took over the team. He moves the team out of SF we lose the Super Bowl and now this whole Haurbaugh disaster was all under his watch and things seem to be headed towards the worse not better.
1. Leonard Marshall hit on Montana and subsequent Young handoff to Craig fumble. Today is the 24th anniversary of that miserable day btw.

All niner history seems to build to this point and recede afterwards. Wo that moment, niners become only team to threepeat and who knows how many more superbowls we win w him at the helm over Young.

I will never forget the last few minutes of that game

2. Debartolo to York. 2nd worst handoff in niner history

3. Harbaugh departure. I worry theyll one day talk about a Harbaugh curse if we r entering another dark age.
The York Family
Eddie getting his hand caught in the cookie jar followed by his nephew revealing he's a closet Seahawks fan (That's why he's screwing up the team) And all the contracts the Niners tried to squeeze in during the 90s then getting put into a position where they couldn't keep anyone decent cause they were strapped by the cap and lost several players.
Losing Eddie D was it for me

Trent Baalkie's birth.
The BS attitude and horrendous comments regarding JT in the welcome JT thread. Absolutely sux and is low life to the max. Not 49er fans, fans of their own mouths..
  • jrg
  • Veteran
#1 Losing to the Ravens in the SB
#2 Getting rid of Harbaugh

I'm 28 years old.
Originally posted by rominjoe:
1. Leonard Marshall hit on Montana and subsequent Young handoff to Craig fumble. Today is the 24th anniversary of that miserable day btw.

All niner history seems to build to this point and recede afterwards. Wo that moment, niners become only team to threepeat and who knows how many more superbowls we win w him at the helm over Young.

I will never forget the last few minutes of that game

2. Debartolo to York. 2nd worst handoff in niner history

3. Harbaugh departure. I worry theyll one day talk about a Harbaugh curse if we r entering another dark age.

That's just what I was thinking. The playoff game with the Giants. If Montana not injured and no Craig fumble, we 3 peat for certain. No doubt about it.. With that team and a healthy Montana, we may of 4peated. Montana could easily have 6 Rings. You're right, everything changed after that game.
Originally posted by facestabber:
Originally posted by Niners816:
They always try to say getting ken norton in 1994, "evened" it up...IMO, they could have given us 2 nortons and it wouldn't have evened up the loss of an outstanding pass rusher.

Norton was a damn good pickup. He blasted Emmit Smith and brought a fire to our D. But Dallas pass rush without Haley would have been anemic

He absolutely was and played really well for us...but Haley was a homegrown elite pass rusher, outside of a franchise QB, shutdown CB and maybe all pro Left tackle I don't trade them for anyone.
Share 49ersWebzone