LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bow Run? →

There are 91 users in the forums

Stop Blaming the Front Office

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Yorks, lol

Yeah man, the parents are some of the worst. But Jed hasn't done anything of the sort since being in charge. He's done very well actually.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by daragon:
Yorks, lol

Yeah man, the parents are some of the worst. But Jed hasn't done anything of the sort since being in charge. He's done very well actually.

Lets see now his dad fired a good coach in Mooch, and now the son is firing a good coach.

History seems to be repeating itself.
Yorks, lol

Hi Jed, good to meet you.
They both share the blame. But the front office has been leaking stuff to the media ever sense that contract negotiations fell through. A lot of the public spectacle about this situation is squarely on the front office. As far as Baalke and JH not getting along that equally on both men. And the on the field stuff is all on the coaching staff.
I'm trying to think of what the front office could have confronted Harbaugh about, and the only thing that really makes sense is the offense. Maybe they tried to get him to make some changes, after the continuous failures. And, it's possible that Harbaugh was stubborn and refused to make any changes, probably insisting that his guys would work through it. Now that his stubborness cost us the season, the front office may have just had enough with having to deal with someone who isn't open to change unless he's the one who suggested it. Not many people can blow off their boss, fail, and then get away with it. But this is just a thought. I'm still not making Harbaugh the victim and the front office the villains.
Yorks, lol

Lets see now his dad fired a good coach in Mooch, and now the son is firing a good coach.

I think what they do next will really define the situation.
This team had so many distractions all year. Jed has let this become public attention and didnt squash it. Baalke hasnt stepped up to stop it either. So you can pretend that the FO had nothing to do with it, but you are wrong.
Originally posted by lamontb:
They both share the blame. But the front office has been leaking stuff to the media ever sense that contract negotiations fell through. A lot of the public spectacle about this situation is squarely on the front office. As far as Baalke and JH not getting along that equally on both men. And the on the field stuff is all on the coaching staff.

You know who leaked information to the media? How?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
This team had so many distractions all year. Jed has let this become public attention and didnt squash it. Baalke hasnt stepped up to stop it either. So you can pretend that the FO had nothing to do with it, but you are wrong.

They obviously weren't fixed on keeping Harbaugh, so what were they supposed to come out and squash exactly?

Public spectacle is irrelevant to me. Win on the field! That is coach job

You know who leaked information to the media? How?

Jay Glazer admitted to speculation. SMH
I continually see numerous fans and media blaming the front office and making Harbaugh a victim. Enough is enough. As you all bash the front office and trash Jed and Baalke, think again about who it was that brought Harbaugh into the fold of this organization. Who was it that got the 49ers a new state of the art stadium. Who was it that pulled the 49ers out of cap hell and built a Superbowl quality roster.

Yes, Harbaugh is going to leave, but stop assuming that it's because we have some sort of idiotic management. They are not stupid people, and they obviously want to win. I believe they've shown that. The problem is, many fans are getting Jed York mixed up with his parents, and that is simply not true. They are also bashing Baalke, based on 2012, but forget many of his homeruns that are setting us up to continue to be players in the future. It wasn't Jed York or Trent Baalke who set up game plans, coached adjustments, or chose the starters. The failures on game day, have more to do with Harbaugh and his offensive staff then anyone else.

Vic Fangio was dealt probably the worst card, due to injuries, and he prevailed. He put together a top 5 defense with whomever he had to work with. Harbaugh and Roman had an abundance of talent on offense, and they couldn't come up with a winning plan. They didn't play to Kaepernick's strengths, or the run game's. They tried forcing a round peg in a square hole. It's very possible that ego played a role on both sides, but the front office is in charge.

I think the front office deserves a ton of credit for putting this franchise in a position to be elite. I'm not one of the many on here who think Harbaugh is a poor victim that we can't possibly live without. Thank you Jed and Trent for doing your jobs very well, not all of us are naive. Good luck finding your next coach, we're rooting that you land the right guy for the job.

Hahahha, hey Jed is that you! How about letting the media catch wind that you were trying to get rid of the coach the week before we played the Cowboys to start the season. What about that lame as tweet you sent out after the Thanksgiving game? How about coming out on record to clear the air about Balkee and Hatbaugh??? No you weren't calling plays but you were directly involved in all the distractions this year and I DO hold you partly accountable for our crappy season.
Originally posted by Prospector:
I won't take sides or make a stand until I know the full story -- until then I hold both sides equally responsible for screwing up a Very Good Thing. Somewhere, somebody's Ego got in the way of the team, and that's unacceptable.

Give me a scenario where the front office ruined it. What could they have done, and why?

Harbaugh took them to three straight NFC Championships. During the midst of this run here's what the national media had to say:

"Harbaugh [took] over a franchise that had gone 46-82 since Steve Mariucci left town. Since then, with virtually the same roster Harbaugh inherited, the 49ers have gone 21-6-1 and made it within a premature whistle of making the Super Bowl. It's the best decision a franchise has made of their own volition (e.g., without having an obvious choice fall into their laps) in recent memory. By acquiring Harbaugh, the 49ers created value for themselves in a way that is virtually impossible to match. They might, in fact, have the single most valuable asset in all of football."

http://grantland.com/features/jim-harbaugh-continues-biggest-bargain-football/

Behind that backdrop the 49ers offered an extension to Harbaugh. We know that Harbaugh did not accept the extension and it was widely reported that the two sides were way off in terms of money. The 49ers were paying $5 million per year. As we see now his market value is closer to $8 million per year which Michigan is prepared to offer. If the 49ers allowed Harbaugh to set the terms of his contract financially I believe he would have accepted and this distraction filled season would have been much more distraction free. The on field results this year would have been better. And we would be secure in knowing we have one of the elite coaches in the game on our sideline.

I believe the 49ers front office lowballed Harbaugh, which disrespected him, and when the 49ers front office knew they weren't financially prepared to up their offer they explored trading him. When news of this potential trade of their active Head Coach leaked it fractured the locker room as well as pitted the coaching staff against upper management.
Yorks, lol

Harbaugh fired himself. He'd be the FIRST to tell you HE failed. He hand-picked the QB he wanted, wanted some more WR's, etc. and Baalke not only got him what HE wanted but added much depth as well. And in the end, HIS offense ranks 28th. Period. The job Fangio did with a myriad of critical injuries/suspensions just magnifies how poor HaRoman's offense was and it was a collective fail by every single player (not one player like some seem to believe). THAT is 100% on coaching/development/offensive philosophy. Had HaRoman been able to establish even an average offense (points scoring), we'd be a 2-to-4 loss team. That's it.

EXACTLY!
Share 49ersWebzone