LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 272 users in the forums

What A Shame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
So do you suggest we get rid of Kaepernick? If we were to offer Jim and Kap in a package deal there would be a lot of takers. For example, if Raiders were interested in this deal, would you trade Kaepernick and Jim to them for Carr and a 1st Rd pick? (I wouldn't, but I'm curious to know your opinion).

I don't see Kaepernick as a long term Starter in the NFL, so yes I would cut our loses this off season. Since I see us sacrificing Harbaugh, I would jump at that deal.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Why is it so hard to maintain a conversation on here without a smart ass feeling the need to say something?

Finally someone who agrees

On your smart ass comment yes. But only partly on your OP.

I dont think firing Roman alone is gonna change much. I think our struggles go way beyond that. For starters, I think Roman + Morton + Solari + Chryst need to be replaced. With all the talent on offense, this season is/was not acceptable.

I feel bad for Harbaugh but our team looked broken yesterday. His team looked broken yesterday.

I agree with you that some blame could be put on Baalke for not handling the situation/s better BUT,and let me be very clear here, no one on here knows for sure whats going on behind closed doors.

All the Baalke vs Harbaugh talk is pure speculation and comes directly from the media.
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM ]
Why is it so hard to maintain a conversation on here without a smart ass feeling the need to say something?

On your smart ass comment yes. Though only partly on your OP.

I dont think firing Roman alone is gonna change much. I think our struggles go way beyond that. As a start I think Roman + Morton + Solari + Chryst need to be replaced. With all the talent on offense this season is/was not acceptable.

I feel bad for Harbaugh but our team looked broken yesterday. His team looked broken yesterday.

I agree with you that some blame could be put on Baalke for not handling the situation/s better BUT,and let me be very clear here, no one on here knows for sure whats going on behind closed doors.

All the Baalke vs Harbaugh talk is pure speculation and comes directly from the media.

Agreed. It's just hard to believe that after someone takes a team that had not made the playoffs for years, to 3 consecutive years of making it to the NFC Championship, that he could be fired after just one struggling season. Even though the rumors of us letting Harbaugh go began PRIOR to this season, which is even more ridiculous. The 49ers organization was spoiled the last few years, we forgot how hard it was to win, and we will sadly be reminded after we fire Jim.
Originally posted by MELGIBSON01:
So do you suggest we get rid of Kaepernick? If we were to offer Jim and Kap in a package deal there would be a lot of takers. For example, if Raiders were interested in this deal, would you trade Kaepernick and Jim to them for Carr and a 1st Rd pick? (I wouldn't, but I'm curious to know your opinion).

I don't see Kaepernick as a long term Starter in the NFL, so yes I would cut our loses this off season. Since I see us sacrificing Harbaugh, I would jump at that deal.

I would jump at a deal like that as well, but only if we were getting a better prospect at QB. I'm not sure how I feel about Carr.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

On your smart ass comment yes. But only partly on your OP.

I dont think firing Roman alone is gonna change much. I think our struggles go way beyond that. For starters, I think Roman + Morton + Solari + Chryst need to be replaced. With all the talent on offense, this season is/was not acceptable.

Agreed. It's just hard to believe that after someone takes a team that had not made the playoffs for years, to 3 consecutive years of making it to the NFC Championship, that he could be fired after just one struggling season. Even though the rumors of us letting Harbaugh go began PRIOR to this season, which is even more ridiculous. The 49ers organization was spoiled the last few years, we forgot how hard it was to win, and we will sadly be reminded after we fire Jim.

I sure hope that Harbaugh stays but Im not sure how possible or likely that scenario is.
All these big brains on here make it intimidating to post. It appears that the consensus of the armchair geniuses is that CK isn't legitimate, can't do what needs to be done. And this conclusion has been formulated from watching the games and interviews on TV. Do any of you guys REALLY have any idea about what's said to him during the week? What the coaches are telling him to do each week? Didn't think so...Did any of you geniuses play QB in the NFL? No? Well if you don't mind me asking, what makes you think that you know more than the professionals that are paid a whole lot of money to make these decisions? Do you really think that a billion dollar business would let things fall apart to the point that a bunch of fanboys with NO experience would have thier hand on the pulse of the organization while the one's paid to handle these things fumble in the dark???
Really?
[ Edited by eastie on Dec 8, 2014 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by eastie:
All these big brains on here make it intimidating to post. It appears that the consensus of the armchair geniuses is that CK isn't legitimate, can't do what needs to be done. And this conclusion has been formulated from watching the games and interviews on TV. Do any of you guys REALLY have any idea about what's said to him during the week? What the coaches are telling him to do each week? Didn't think so...Did any of you geniuses play QB in the NFL? No? Well if you don't mind me asking, what makes you think that you know more than the professionals that are paid a whole lot of money to make these decisions? Do you really think that a billion dollar business would let things fall apart to the point that a bunch of fanboys with NO experience would have thier hand on the pulse of the organization while the one's paid to handle these things fumble in the dark???
Really?

The only thing that separates some of these front office genius' you claim them to be from us, is that they were given the opportunity to use their talents, and are getting paid for it. Many of us would be capable had we been given the same opportunity. Doesn't take a genius to know football. But I agree with you in the sense that they do know football and are getting paid for a reason, and they definitely do know what is going on in the building while we just speculate. Unfortunately that's all we can do.
Really?

So many clowns here think they are some kind of fountainhead of absolute correctness. they are in point of fact nothing but fans. Just let me know if you have a complaint about this post, because if you have in the past, or present worked in a front office of a paraprofessional NFL team; I'll recant somewhat.

The rebuttal to your post above by the OP is hugely laughable, almost better than sex and drugs; oh for sure half of the 18 year olds posting now here could work in the front office and do as well as Ballke, Idzik, and on and on..my god lot a huge load of steaming s**t..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM ]

I have not heard any rumors of Sean Payton being fired because the Saints are stinking it up and losing game after game at home..
Tom Coughling was on the hot seat for years and after some bad seasons won a few SB's..
This is what you get with a 34 year old owner who's a prisoner of the moment.. Ballke might be running this team and York doesn't mind Trent making the key decisions that will shape the outcome of this teams future.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
All these big brains on here make it intimidating to post. It appears that the consensus of the armchair geniuses is that CK isn't legitimate, can't do what needs to be done. And this conclusion has been formulated from watching the games and interviews on TV. Do any of you guys REALLY have any idea about what's said to him during the week? What the coaches are telling him to do each week? Didn't think so...

Post of the Week.

Post of the Week.

Jamarcus Russell & Ryan Leaf deserve an apology
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MELGIBSON01:
Jamarcus Russell & Ryan Leaf deserve an apology

Lol did you just compare Kap to those 2 train wrecks ?

Im outta here before I actually start to care.

[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM ]
Lol did you just compare Kap to those 2 train wrecks ?

"Do any of you guys REALLY have any idea about what's said to [them] during the week?"
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Really?
I am pretty sure there are plenty of people who have just as much knowledge as an NFL coach but for one reason or another didn't want to pursue coaching or were not in the right place at the right to climb the ladder to the NFL. It isn't as simple as going to the best college for your profession, graduating with honors and filling out a job application. You have to talk your way into that first job and most the first jobs are for an unpaid assistant coach. With coaching the more hours you put in the more successful you will be and the more likely you are to get promoted. Most people cannot afford to dedicate themselves to a job they have to do without compensation. At the High School level a lot of time only the head coach is paid a salary the assistants might get a couple hundred a season for a stipend. A lot of people that don't climb the ladder quickly a lot of time through no fault of their own throw in the towel out of necessity.

Last I checked even the best franchises don't have half their draft pics play out their rookie deals. Some are wrong 2/3 of the time or more. There isn't a formula that is fool proof to tell if someone will succeed at the next level. Pretty sure plenty of the Monday morning quarterbacks could have out drafted some of the teams that stink up drafts lately.

No one knows what Kaepernick is told during the week, also coaches are rarely truthful with the media as they have to act like they believe in their players even when they don't. Even if Harbaugh thought Kaepernick had hit a wall he will not progress past he isn't going to say it, especially since he was his hand picked guy.
I do know what Kaepernick hasn't been told, no one is telling him to take off from the pocket before it collapses, force the ball to someone covered when another guy is wide open or under throw or over throw receivers. With more camera angles than expected, many ways to rewatch games, and rewind plays over and over websites with every statistic under the sun, etc,etc the arm chair quarterback can know everything about a team except what goes on behind closed doors. To think there aren't people with as much football knowledge as an NFL coach or player that weren't in the NFL is pretty hard to believe. When a head coach hires a relative or friend as an assistant I believe they rarely are one of the best candidates for the job.
Share 49ersWebzone