LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 306 users in the forums

I think we may lose out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Baldie:
who cares after today. Doesn't matter. Seattle and AZ might actually make the playoffs. They deserve it, especially Seattle.

After watching the 9ers I was glad the officials handed AZ the win with that bogus reversal when KC was driving. I just hope SOMEONE can knock SEA. Might have to be in Green Bay
Originally posted by All22:
Let's face it, this just hasn't been our year... Aldon's suspension, the Boone and VD holdouts, the oline injuries, the secondary injuries, LMJ, Lattimore, Bowman and Willis out.

Better just to lose out and get try to get better draft picks.

7-9 probably gets us Melvin Gordon or Telvin Coleman.

LOL, neither of those guys is going that early. This team needs more overall speed on offense, particularly at WR.
Yep, this team will look totally different next year except for our defense. I'm all for losing out for a better draft position this upcoming draft. Our team has a lot of talent but we need a major tune-up and a better draft position will accelerate this.
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Dec 7, 2014 at 5:54 PM ]
Right. Different players will really help us.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ya think..........might as well shut down all the injured players and the guys you know won't be back next season, let the young players get experience, I see a 7-9 finish in the making.

Let's see what Coach Gase or Coach Tomsula can do with this team next season.

Gase Yes!!!! Tomsula No!!!!

9ers need an X's and O's type coach, not a motivator.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Gase Yes!!!! Tomsula No!!!!

9ers need an X's and O's type coach, not a motivator.

I agree. I wouldn't be upset if it was Tomsula, especially if Fangio stays and someone like Morhinweg gets hired as OC, but I'd prefer a guy like Gase who is all about finding newer and more inventive ways to make defenses utterly confused.
good, its all about the draft at this point....
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
With the record 9-7 would the Niners be selecting draft choices around the @15 spot?

9-7.....aren't you an optimist. Lose out and pick around the top 10, trade down a few times, add more picks, still get an impact player and build the offense to the specifications of whoever the new coach or OC is.

My typo. I meant 7-9
My typo. I meant 7-9

If they lost out they'd probably be somewhere between Picks 10 and 15.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 7, 2014 at 5:19 PM ]
My typo. I meant 7-9

If they lost out they'd probably be somewhere between Picks 10 and 15.
That at least will make the draft more interesting. I expect Justin Smith to retire. So Baalke will get a DT, but that would be a huge mistake. If we don't turn around the offensive personnel, then we'll deserve a worse season next year.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Dec 7, 2014 at 5:32 PM ]

It pains me to finish the season this way but I almost expect it. LOVE Harbaugh but all the nonsense this year has caught up with us add on the fact that our QB has played to the potential we thought he had. My biggies fear is to step back in to the dark ages....can only hope the management is smart enough to not let that happen again ...new coach or not.
I hope we find the right guy to fill in for Jim Harbaugh. Jim was good and still is, but he may have wore out his welcome.
Jim only leaves if Jim WANTS to leave!! Keep Harbaugh and remove Greg Roman just to send message to the players that a season like this is NOT acceptable. Its sooooooooooooooooo hard to find a good coach guys and he's one of the better ones. We find a VERY good back up to Kap and if he continues to struggle you have a plan B.

Remember 3 straight NFC Championships and a SB appearance. This after a 10 years stretch of non-playoff football. Hope the owners remember that in the off season.

We hear Harbaugh has plenty of teams that want him. Don't think Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary had teams lining up to grab them.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
After today I'm all for it. Gotta get the best draft pick we can. Someone start scouting who has torn acls in college NAO

Yep. Its like the good old days. You know, when we started preparing for the draft in December, because we where already eliminated from the playoffs.
We will lose out. We barely sneaked past the Giants and Redskins, got pwned by the Seahawks AGAIN, and just lost the Raiders.

The RAIDERS....

...we just lost to the Raiders...

We're losing out.
Share 49ersWebzone