LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 402 users in the forums

Mid Season Team MVP : So far who is it?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Mid Season Team MVP : So far who is it?

y'all are insecure about Kap. you asked a question, we gave an answer. quit giving us a hard time because its not the same answer as yours. Kap's played pretty good, but i watch a lot of damn football and there are a lot of other qb's that would have us 4-3.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
this thread predictably is headed downhill
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
this thread predictably is headed downhill
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
as is my posting for the day
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Tough call.

Nobody has stood out.

Kap has been "The Man" in the key position.

Nobody on D has any stats of note like sack, interceptions

Nobody on the O has any stats of note like TD's or leading the league in rushing

Kap has the most impact of anyone - so far.

u high? We have the league leader in PD, tied for ints.

Agree they are good stats but as far as for MVP they aren't lighting it up.

Sack leaders are the glamour stats, interceptions are if they are record-breaking.

MVP worthy ? I don't think so - maybe and hopefully by the en of the season.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Kap
Cox
Willis
Bethea
SJ
BL
AB
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by English:
In terms of playing above expectations, the Willhoite brothers. Michael most of all but Kevin wins the fictional Player of the year award hands down.

fictional player of the year,, thats a good one

If we judge by exceeding expectations then I say Gabbert. He did do better than I expected in Denver.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
The offensive MVP i think would be Kilgore, Boldin or SJ. No one else stands out at all.

How someone can say Kaep is insane. How many delay of games have we got? How many wasted Time outs? How did he play vs the Bears again? he still needs to get that ball out much faster than he does currently.

The defensive MVP is Cox easily.

Originally posted by T-9ers:
Kap? o' man we are in trouble, he's been solid, but single handedly cost us a game or two and his qbr is middle if the road. i say bethea or Justin smith or cox .

You guys cannot be serious...

They are absolutely serious. I bet they can't wait to see Kaep got traded. ...or cut.
I gotta think either DeMarco Murray or Peyton Manning are ahead of all of those guys
  • dj43
I'm really surprised there is not more love for Bethea.

OK. I understand he is not in the TV picture as much as Kaepernick, however, he has been the best defensive back and leader all season long. He has been of great help to the younger guys as well as being solid against the run.

I like Stevie Johnson but he hasn't been thrown to enough to even be considered, IMO.

Justin is a great player but has not been the dominant force he was last season.

Cox has made a couple of highlight plays and has had a surprisingly good season so far. Still, I wouldn't rank him ahead of Bethea.

Which leaves only Kaepernick above Bethea, and though I get the fact that he handles the ball all the time, I would argue that Bethea has been a much better safety/defensive leader than Kaepernick has been a quarterback.

For me, Bethea wins a close decision over CK with Justin Smith in a third place tie with Cox.

Originally posted by English:
In terms of playing above expectations, the Willhoite brothers. Michael most of all but Kevin wins the fictional Player of the year award hands down.

Originally posted by T-9ers:
y'all are insecure about Kap. you asked a question, we gave an answer. quit giving us a hard time because its not the same answer as yours. Kap's played pretty good, but i watch a lot of damn football and there are a lot of other qb's that would have us 4-3.

Disagree. Not against the teams we played and with horrible oline play, absolutely no run game in some games and a backup defense. Please name some since there's a lot. Kaepernick has put this team on his back so far imo and would have much better stats and results if not for all the drops, especially by Davis
Why is thread not locked because it discriminating againt our most consistent most professional most clutch most outperforming player just because he is a kicker. I think we should boycott this until phil is included on the ballot!#!!
I think we would've lost a few more games with out the play of Cox. I just don't feel like kap has dominated any games and carried us to victories. No one else even deserves honourable mention
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Why is thread not locked because it discriminating againt our most consistent most professional most clutch most outperforming player just because he is a kicker. I think we should boycott this until phil is included on the ballot!#!!

Yeah but kickers, you know? Everybody discriminates against them.
Share 49ersWebzone