LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bow Run? →

There are 199 users in the forums

Who is biggest surprise player of 2014, based on Improvement, Growth and Performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is biggest surprise player of 2014, based on Improvement, Growth and Performance?

Who is the biggest surprise player on the 49ers? The player that really rises to the occasion.

I will say that Bruce Ellington will be the biggest surprise player. Why I say he's the surprise player, is that he's so buried on the receiver depth chart, it will be tough for him to play unless he's so outstanding they can't keep him off the field.

My second choice Carlos Hyde looks like another Marshawn Lynch (Damn Lynch is good)......they have to work him into the offense. If they could pull a 1983 49ers and run Gore and Hyde for equal yards I think that would be a great improvement. Keep Gore fresh but maximize Hyde.

My last pick is that Colin finally has the weapons to take his game up another level. The seahawks rhythm on Thursday was unbelievable, it reminded me of old school west coast. I would love to have Colin Kapernick take his game to another level. LETS OPEN UP THE OFFENSE SO COLIN CAN HAVE A BETTER RHYTHM. For Colin to get this level, he would have to be pro bowl Qb or better yet win a superbowl. We have the tools.
my vote goes to dial.....
Jimmie Ward. He's getting lost in the discussion a little bit with Carlos Hyde and Bruce Ellington looking good, but Ward is the guy that will surprise. He's an all-around baller. Cover skills, ball skills, tackling, instincts, he has it all. Big time playmaker added to the defense.
?
I like the thread concept, but you're about two months too early, IMO,
Isn't the point to predict before the season starts?
Whoever took McDermotts job, who begat the great one BJ.
Going with Chris Cook
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Isn't the point to predict before the season starts?

That's how I took it lol.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Going with Chris Cook

Ohhh, that's a good one.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Huh?! You need to put down the Bible before you hurt yourself.

To answer the OP: I'm hoping that it's Vance McDonald but you can't say it is unless and until it happens.

Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by 5280High:

Huh?! You need to put down the Bible before you hurt yourself.

To answer the OP: I'm hoping that it's Vance McDonald but you can't say it is unless and until it happens.

The new long snapper lol...
[ Edited by 5280High on Sep 5, 2014 at 10:53 PM ]
I will go for dontea because I Believe it's a real possibility he pushes culliver to the bench, if cooks of Cox don't do it first. I'm excited about our db situation for the future. Not to mention ward, acker, and reizer next year.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Kilgore and Wilhoite
Ian Williams.
AJ Jenkins
Share 49ersWebzone