LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 310 users in the forums

strategy change

Shop Find 49ers gear online
bow and aldon we were prepared for but not raymac. looks like we are going to need to score more points this season.Do we dress more wideouts on gameday? is this why we kept Lloyd and james? you could even figure jj into that. Is kap gonna have to run more? are we going with a more spread out attack?
We need to give these idiots babysitters.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Aug 31, 2014 at 2:04 PM ]
Idk maybe it means we give Tank and Dial more snaps?
The offense needs to take a step forward this year, there's no doubt about it. And really, there's no reason we shouldn't. Kaep has another year of experience and we're loaded with receiving targets. In hindsight all of those additions are looking great, because we're gonna need 'em.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnLIGp6zGs

adult babysitter
[ Edited by outside4949 on Aug 31, 2014 at 1:22 PM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
What has Raymac done in the last 2 years that tells you he's irreplaceable or brings anything other than average lineman play? I'd rather give Dial a shot at his job regardless at this point. McDonald was good 3 years ago. He's really nothing better than "ok" at this point though.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Idk maybe it means we give Tank and Dial more snaps?
IF Tank can be a reliable LDE. It seems like, he is more of an pass-rushing DE, thus will play more on the right side.
We'll find out pretty soon.

I think Ray Mac was better than average but not irreplaceable.

If Dial and Tank really step up then IMO this will be Ray Mac's last season.
  • Liono
And now they have all this cap room, what are they going to do with it? Richie Incognito is a FA.

But seriously, f**k these injuries, f**k the suspensions.
Originally posted by theduke85:
The offense needs to take a step forward this year, there's no doubt about it. And really, there's no reason we shouldn't. Kaep has another year of experience and we're loaded with receiving targets. In hindsight all of those additions are looking great, because we're gonna need 'em.

I figured we were going for more points with the way we loaded up at receiver. It reminds me of what New England did in 2007 when they had Donte Stallworth, Randy Moss, and Wes Welker. And truth be told, although they are much more talented with their starters, we are deeper. I hope we really pile it on teams this year for many reasons. One, it will instill some fear of our offense where teams will know that we are coming at them for 60 minutes, two, they will have to defend the entire field, and three, it means we are actually making use of our skill position players on offense. I don't think we did the best job of that.

Ray Mac is the MOST replaceable...
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Ray Mac is the MOST replaceable...
Any player is replaceable if you got a quality backup...
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Raymac will play this year. The league cannot give punishment until after court proceedings. Nothing will happen this season.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by THEB:
Raymac will play this year. The league cannot give punishment until after court proceedings. Nothing will happen this season.

Hopefully Okoye is ready to replace him next year.
In the NFL everyone is replaceable.
Share 49ersWebzone