LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 251 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PS, Game 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CityKing415:
We need to just murder the bolts to shut everybody up. Im talking even if we are up by 20 in the 4th with a minute left we still are trying to score

Even if we do people will just b***h about whatever didn't go right throughout the game. Preseason is for getting a look at what you have to solidify depth. It's not about winning meaningless games so a few critics and a$$hat "fans" won't say mean things about you on the internet.

If one of our starters goes out an gets hurt the FIRST thing everyone is going to ask is "why was he out there when the game doesn't matter?" And then there will be 100 articles and 1,000 forum posts about why Harbaugh is stupid for unnecessarily exposing players to injury.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I'm looking forward to finally seeing it all come together. The first two games the offensive starters looked good on the few snaps they had. I hope we get to see at least the first team the whole first half.

-Crabtree: A lot was said about how much faster he looks now that he's completely healed, i hope we get too see glimpses of that.

-Kaep: Really liked the way he was checking the ball down and going through his progressions, I would like to see how consistent he is with this.

-Gore/Hyde: Maybe we get to see more of the one two combo.

-D-Line: Tank and Dial have looked fairly good, I would like to see IF the starters play, what the line rotation would look like, will it be Tank, TJE. Dobbs, etc .
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
#dontscoreatouchdown

#keepthestreakalive

LOL!!

2 games have been played at Levi. Each game has had a shutout.

#keepthestrakalive
I'm going to this game! Can anyone give me advice on the best way to get there? I'm coming from San Leandro.
Just no injuries... Again, it's another team we'll play during the season, so keep it vanilla.

I had to vacate the Zone for 2 days so as not to get muddied up with all the posters who are taking stock out of preseason games.

Let the real thing begin already!
Hopefully we can score in double digits this game.
Want to see a long drive the first series with a TD....and again on the 2nd and 3rd series. After that, pull the starters and let Gabbert be Gabbert.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
i just want to see one touchdown by the first string offense. PLEASE
I just want a simple f**king touchdown.

FFS
A little worried that our starters will be in for too long with all the injuries we've suffered already.

What I'm Looking To See:

QB - Johnson and Gabbert. Someone step up and earn the #2 job although 1 game won't win me over. I'd be looking at cuts for a guy like McGloin, Matt Scott, BJ Daniels, etc. Need to draft a QB early next year and let Harbaugh develop him. Enough with the washed up vets.

RB/FB - Nobody as I don't think Smith or Hampton are worthy of a spot and are here to eat carries. If we did pick one I'd take Smith but I hope we keep 3 if Lattimore is hurt. Gore, Hyde, James. Please cut Tukuafu he shouldnt be on the team anymore as the #2 FB. I'd rather pick someone up off the street if Miller goes down. Can't wait for Millard to be healthy.

WR/TE - Lloyd and Patton. Ellington has show what he can do I want to see Patton step up although it's been tough with the backup QB play. Lloyd needs to show he is worth a roster spot and is worth taking reps away from the young guys. The only thing up in the air is will we keep Lloyd and/or Osgood. Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Ellington and Patton are locks IMO. As for TE Carrier seems to have the #3 spot locked up and Celek will get cut or go to IR.

OL - 7th/8th Spot. Someone to step up and earn that 7th and 8th spot. I think it's close between J. Martin, Snyder, Bykowski, Seymour, etc. Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Looney, Davis, M. Martin, ?, ? (Boone I think we get a roster exemption spot for.) Would be nice for the young guys to step up and win it so we don't owe a 7th for Martin and we can save some money by cutting him and Snyder.

NT - I'd like to see Dial or even TJE start if Williams wont play. We don't need to see Purcell at all. We need to find our backup. Sure would be nice to have Dorsey starting with Williams backing him up.

DL - I don't think Dobbs, Okoye or anyone else has earned that 7th DL spot. I'd just keep McDonald, Williams, Smith, Carradine, Dial and TJE. Need to draft an upgrade over TJE next year though.

OLB/ILB - I think it's set with Brooks, Skuta, Lemonier and Lynch with Aldon getting a roster exemption for his suspension. I don't think Chase has a shot. At ILB the only question will be will Borland be starting or Wilhoite and will Skov or Moody make the last spot. My guess is Moody but not sure who should start yet.

CB - I want to see a lot of Morris and Acker and see if we should keep 7 cb's although unlikely. I'd hate to see either of these guys cut especially Acker. I think we are locked in though with Brock, Culliver, Cox (Ward slot?), Cook, Johnson, Morris. Acker is on the outside looking in. Ward will be listed as a S but will play CB as well.

S - Can't keep Spillman, Dahl and Ventrone. I hope McCray or Campbell knocks one of these guys out to save us money while getting younger. Reid, Bethea and Ward are locks. I'd like to see McCray play after Reid/Bethea alongside Ward. Then McCray/Campbell together. We know what Spillman, Dahl and Ventrone bring no need to see them on the 2nd string team.

ST - I hope some of the young guys step up because we don't want to be paying all the older ST only players. Osgood is one thing but Dahl, Spillman, Ventrone... hopefully 1 or 2 of these guys get weeded out by the young guys.
I'd like to see some scoring by the Niners.
Positive drives and plays, no injuries. Don't care if we win or lose.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Just a clean game. Like Denver, we're playing them in the regular season, so keep it vanilla.
how quickly things change in Ninerland we went from wanting to see our team hoisting the Lombardi to wanting on FREAKING TD with the 1st team offense in preseason

sad times around Santa Clara

Share 49ersWebzone