There are 78 users in the forums

Stevie Johnson Thread (signed with SD)

Stevie did well in Buffalo, hope he does it here.
I dont give a flock about ryan reynolds though. Whose drunk alter ego is buzz any ways..
CSN Bay Area doesn't consider Stevie Johnson a lock to win the 49ers' No. 3 receiver job.

Johnson is facing tougher than expected competition from Brandon Lloyd. Per reporter Matt Maiocco, Johnson has yet to develop chemistry with Colin Kaepernick. Maiocco believes Johnson would have to take a pay-cut from his $3.925 million salary if he can't nail down No. 3 duties. In that scenario, Johnson could be best off calling the 49ers' bluff and hitting the open market.

fuuuuuuu, wasted a 4th rounder (which probably means he wont be cut), but still
Originally posted by ads_2006:
CSN Bay Area doesn't consider Stevie Johnson a lock to win the 49ers' No. 3 receiver job.

Johnson is facing tougher than expected competition from Brandon Lloyd. Per reporter Matt Maiocco, Johnson has yet to develop chemistry with Colin Kaepernick. Maiocco believes Johnson would have to take a pay-cut from his $3.925 million salary if he can't nail down No. 3 duties. In that scenario, Johnson could be best off calling the 49ers' bluff and hitting the open market.

Cut Stevie and the first call he gets is up north in Seattle. No way we invest a pick to cut him before the season starts and even worse have the previously mentioned scenario above unfold.

Establishing chemistry with a new QB takes time and is different with every WR. It'll take time but I'm sure they'll work on it and improve as the season progresses.

Giving up now just isn't an option and media suggesting such need to chillax.

Maiocco is always wrong on his predictions.
Originally posted by niners94:

Brandon Lloyd is not a slot receiver, Stevie is. They will both make the team.
Kap is a rocket launching missile thrower where his targets ideally are able to create a throwing lane and have strong hands and a good catch radius and Stevie is the quick WR that gets open momentarily where you have to have precise timing and touch to connect with him. Kap and Stevie aren't a natural fit at first glance due to their skillsets but if he and Kap can connect both players stand to improve. I often wondered how this was going. Even more the reason we MUST keep Crabtree. He is the perfect WR for Kap
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 22, 2014 at 11:25 PM ]
He will be #3, I think MM is basing it on assumption because SJ haven't click with Kap. SJ got skills and everyone in that FO knows that, that's why they invested a 4th on him. Doubt he'll get cut or take a pay cut..if there's a person who should talked about paycut or A spot in the team it should be Gabbert.
Stevie Johnson will be fine. The chemistry with Kaep will come, in meaningful games, and we will be in a position where we can do pretty much anything we want to do offensively.

Either the 49ers front office has gone mad, or Maiocco is way off the mark on this one.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
He will be #3, I think MM is basing it on assumption because SJ haven't click with Kap. SJ got skills and everyone in that FO knows that, that's why they invested a 4th on him. Doubt he'll get cut or take a pay cut..if there's a person who should talked about paycut or A spot in the team it should be Gabbert.

Soooooo this. Gabbert is a lock to make this team with his guaranteed $alary but Stevie isn't? Please. We invested an even higher pick in Stevie and we have him under contract for 3 years at a reasonable price. He ain't going nowhere.

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

Soooooo this. Gabbert is a lock to make this team with his guaranteed $alary but Stevie isn't? Please. We invested an even higher pick in Stevie and we have him under contract for 3 years at a reasonable price. He ain't going nowhere.

This

This. Spot-on reporting, but terrible at guessing. I wouldn't worry about this at all. Stevie gets open. If Vernon and Vance could adjust to Kap's fastball, I'm pretty sure Stevie can.
I'm thinking the opposite. Lots of passes to Brandon Lloyd in the last preseason game, made me think they aren't seeing enough out of Lloyd in practice. Giving him more opportunities before deciding on a cut.

They know enough about Stevie to not have to throw him a bunch of balls during a preseason game.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I'm thinking the opposite. Lots of passes to Brandon Lloyd in the last preseason game, made me think they aren't seeing enough out of Lloyd in practice. Giving him more opportunities before deciding on a cut.

They know enough about Stevie to not have to throw him a bunch of balls during a preseason game.

Kap himself did say Stevie was doing a fine job and this is the 1st I've heard of Lloyd bumping Johnson. I can see the logic but recent productivity and film study says otherwise. I have pointed out that I don't think Kap and Stevie aren't the most natural of fits but that they can help each other develop parts of their games that need developing. Once Kap gets timing and instinct in sync with Johnson they should be deadly with Crab VD and Boldin on the field. I have faith because Kap had to get in sync with Boldin as well and he made it happen in short order
Lets think about this for just a second. What makes more sense. Kap, Gore, Miller, VD, Vance, Crabs, Boldin, Stevie. or Kap, Gore, Miller, VD, Vance, Crabs, Boldin and Lloyd? Stevie was a stud and with the weapons we have, he will be again. Lloyd will always be Lloyd. Patton beats him for the 4th spot.
Share 49ersWebzone