There are 531 users in the forums

49ers released Chris Cook *Updated*

Does anyone know how C.Cook looked da last couple games. He seems like Glen dorsey but at CB. High Draft pick, didn't live up to the hype & here for a second chance. Jus wondering?
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
How have Carlos Rogers and Terrell Brown been doing in Oakland? I know a lot of people were upset we let them go.

lol

http://sfbay.ca/2014/08/01/raiders-carlos-rogers-looks-flat-and-fat/

Brown is hurt

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2172941-tarell-brown-injury-updates-on-raiders-cbs-head-and-return

Raiders.......where former Niners go to die...

lol sad but it's so true

Shawntae Spencer died there.
[ Edited by verb1der on Aug 27, 2014 at 5:18 PM ]
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
How have Carlos Rogers and Terrell Brown been doing in Oakland? I know a lot of people were upset we let them go.

lol

http://sfbay.ca/2014/08/01/raiders-carlos-rogers-looks-flat-and-fat/

Brown is hurt

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2172941-tarell-brown-injury-updates-on-raiders-cbs-head-and-return

Raiders.......where former Niners go to die...

Looks like we knew what we were doing letting them walk.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Does anyone know how C.Cook looked da last couple games. He seems like Glen dorsey but at CB. High Draft pick, didn't live up to the hype & here for a second chance. Jus wondering?

That's actually a pretty good analogy. He's been pretty stellar for us esp. considering how much off-coverage we run here (his primary role was press coverage in MN). And if there was an injury to Culliver or Brock, I'd feel just as comfortable with him starting, like Dorsey over Williams.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Looks like we knew what we were doing letting them walk.

Two great moves. We offered Brown a fair contract to stay as a primary backup for a few years but he didn't want it...bet on himself on a one-year deal with the only team that wanted him...the Raiders. What's still funny is how much the media still focuses on how much we lost losing Rogers, Brown and Whitner. SMH
Originally posted by NCommand:
Two great moves. We offered Brown a fair contract to stay as a primary backup for a few years but he didn't want it...bet on himself on a one-year deal with the only team that wanted him...the Raiders. What's still funny is how much the media still focuses on how much we lost losing Rogers, Brown and Whitner. SMH

LOL
All we did was get better at each position. And I won't miss whitner's incredible stooopid fouls. Brown had some dillies too. Our DBs did poorly against elites last yr. Yes they made tackles ,but AFTER the pass was complete. Bethea has a video of his pass preventions, not post reception tackle. The fact that we got some guys who can play press coverage is about , oh , 3 yrs overdue. Watching SEA run press just makes me sick at the stomach. I wanted our guys to do that. Well, we got some guys now that can play press, and altho I don't expect it to be worked out early in the season, I see our DBs being way better than they have been the last 3 yrs. With Reid and Ward, plus Bethea and Brock, then add your choice for the nickle, I can only see vast improvement. And playing press with our front 7, is going to make for hard times against some pretty decent teams in the league. They haven't played a down together in real games, but sometime this yr, I expect this crew to be twice as good as we were last yr.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 27, 2014 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by calinig4life:

That's actually a pretty good analogy. He's been pretty stellar for us esp. considering how much off-coverage we run here (his primary role was press coverage in MN). And if there was an injury to Culliver or Brock, I'd feel just as comfortable with him starting, like Dorsey over Williams.

Good lookin
He's another guy who seems to have progressed during the last few games.

Played well tonight.

Man, these roster cuts are going to be painful.
Cook has two picks in preseason. Interesting, because he's never had one in the regular season.

Could be our next Glenn Dorsey. With Cook I feel good about him playing inside, playing press coverage and being physical. His number 1 problem is tracking the ball in the air (so is culliver's for that matter). So if we can keep him playing underneath, let him play physical (and not off 10 yards) he should play well. No doubt he should be better than what he was at Minnesota though. We have one of the better secondary coaches and hopefully we learned from their mistake and will use him the way he's supposed to be used. Also, probably will have more talent around him on defense so that helps. Plus some guys just need a fresh start. I think he earned his spot on the roster but so has everyone else. We don't have any super stars at CB but we are like 7 deep with a solid bunch of vets and some really promising young guys.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I really hope we keep him. He is playing better and better every game and he has the size to play man on the outside.
His ball skills seemed to have greatly improved. You can see him tracking the ball much better.
I did not expect him to play this well. He is a surprise.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Well we need him for depth
Share 49ersWebzone