LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 314 users in the forums

Concerned about the Secondary??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Concerned about the Secondary??

• Geeked
  • Veteran
As long as the front is able to apply pressure, my concerns are tempered.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Agreed,the track record of the front office is why i dont worry.

A track record of doing the same thing and getting almost the exact same results?

You mentioned something about "this formula will only get you so far but not to the promised land".What would be the route you would rather the front office take?

Everyone allready knows the formula,and id assume most are fine with the results.Just curious as to what you would suggest be done differntly?

Btw,how about the question at hand,concerned about the secondary??
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Mar 11, 2014 at 8:13 AM ]
After half a day,the poll results are a little more mixed than i expected.More are concerned than what I thought would be,I find that interesting.
After half a day,the poll results are a little more mixed than i expected.More are concerned than what I thought would be,I find that interesting.

With news of Whitner likely signing with the Browns and two other starting CB's ready to test the FA market, I'd be concerned if more people weren't concerned at this point. However, the day isn't over yet and hopefully we will be signing a CB or S to put less pressure on the draft.
Originally posted by ltrain:

With news of Whitner likely signing with the Browns and two other starting CB's ready to test the FA market, I'd be concerned if more people weren't concerned at this point.

Agreed
#49ers Guys to watch in secondary include Mike Mitchell and Nolan Carroll. They might require fast decisions.
Um, we're only possibly losing 1/2 of our secondary..Brock > Rogers
Two starting CBs gone. Our top safety. Bowman out for half the season. And no clear successor for an aging Justin Smith. This is going to barely be a top-15 defense and near the bottom of the NFC West.

Who is going to replace Whitner? Will his absence cause Reid to regress? I think Culliver and Brock can be better than Rogers and Brown. If we avoid injuries, Tank starts out on fire, and we find a decent replacement for Whitner, and don't whiff on the draft, I think we have a chance.

Overall I just think the defense plays underwhelmingly and it forces the coaches cards on offense, and Kap progresses enough for them to let it rip on offense.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Two starting CBs gone. Our top safety. Bowman out for half the season. And no clear successor for an aging Justin Smith. This is going to barely be a top-15 defense and near the bottom of the NFC West.

Who is going to replace Whitner? Will his absence cause Reid to regress? I think Culliver and Brock can be better than Rogers and Brown. If we avoid injuries, Tank starts out on fire, and we find a decent replacement for Whitner, and don't whiff on the draft, I think we have a chance.

Overall I just think the defense plays underwhelmingly and it forces the coaches cards on offense, and Kap progresses enough for them to let it rip on offense.

over reaction season already?
Originally posted by crabman82:

How was that not a reasonable assessment?

2 starting cb's gone: you leave out that the best one we had last year will be back, and signed for a great value i might add. additionally you completely leave out that we're adding a cb who was injured all of last season and had a great 2012, super bowl game not with standing.

our top safety being gone and reid regressing: it could be argued reid was better. its amazing how better whitner looked with reid added to the mix. think you have it backwards.

as a 49er fan i've known for months whitner and brown could both be gone and that rogers was getting cut. if i've known this, you bet your bottom dollar that baalke and the front office knew it aswell. on the heels of letting an all pro safety go and having our rookie safety beat him out for a pro bowl spot i think people should take 2 steps back and breath and relax. barely a top 15 D? some of you guys are out of your f**king minds.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Mar 11, 2014 at 9:31 AM ]

Right....Defense will barely be top 15-bottom of NFC West??Defense plays underwhelmingly??wooooow

2 starting cb's gone: you leave out that the best one we had last year will be back, and signed for a great value i might add. additionally you completely leave out that we're adding a cb who was injured all of last season and had a great 2012, super bowl game not with standing.

our top safety being gone and reid regressing: it could be argued reid was better. its amazing how better whitner looked with reid added to the mix. think you have it backwards.

as a 49er fan i've known for months whitner and brown could both be gone and that rogers was getting cut. if i've known this, you bet your bottom dollar that baalke and the front office knew it aswell. on the heels of letting an all pro safety go and having our rookie safety beat him out for a pro bowl spot i think people should take 2 steps back and breath and relax. barely a top 15 D? some of you guys are out of your f**king minds.

O and we now have more money to work deals out with Aldon, Kap, Crabtree and Mike, Much more important than and Old Brown, Carlos, and witner...

Annual overreaction and associated "we need a top free agent DB" argument. I'll add another point to your argument and mention many are forgetting how freakin' good our front 7 is. Aldon Smith and company get to the QB in a hurry and plug the run up and that helps the DB's tremendously. If I'm not mistaken, the strength of our front 7 means we can (more frequently than other teams) play with one more db on the field.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Mar 11, 2014 at 9:53 AM ]
You should be now with Rogers to be cut and Whitner close to a deal with Cleveland.
Share 49ersWebzone