LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 263 users in the forums

Which former 49er players deserve to be in the hall of fame?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which former 49er players deserve to be in the hall of fame?

John Taylor.
people who deserve to be a HOF

Haley (these stupid old white people are out of touch. Their number one criteria is how many championships a guy has and he has more than any other player)
Eddie D (this is a no brainer but prejudices are clouding the voters' heads)

I would say Craig, but from a pure number standpoint, he wasn't anything spectacular. I've never seen him play one down of football so I'm not qualified to give an educated opinion on him.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
people who deserve to be a HOF

Haley (these stupid old white people are out of touch. Their number one criteria is how many championships a guy has and he has more than any other player)
Eddie D (this is a no brainer but prejudices are clouding the voters' heads)

I would say Craig, but from a pure number standpoint, he wasn't anything spectacular. I've never seen him play one down of football so I'm not qualified to give an educated opinion on him.
If you toss out the years where he was 30+ where 99% of backs tail off badly he was a dual threat that averaged over 1500 yards from scrimmage over 7 years. Remember since the 70's the rules have evolved almost yearly to favor the offense, especially the passing game. He retired 20 years ago, you cannot compare his numbers to current players. He pretty much plyed the same years Montana did, try comparing Montana's numbers to current players he never threw for 4,000 yards and 4,000 yard passers are a dime a dozen these days.
Charles Haley by a LAND SLIDE MILE!!!!! This Guy was so intense and so dam good at rushing the passer and creating havoc against opposing offenses. The worst mistake Seifert ever ever did was trade him!!! I never understood or agreed with the trade, it gave the Cowgirls the upper hand and weakened our passrush duh!! And the Dude was a Huge part of 5 yes 5 Super Bowl Champions!!!
Eddie, Haley, and Roger
I would say Haley definitely, and maybe Craig.
I know Craig played before Marshall Faulk, but you can describe Craig as a poor man's Faulk.
Share 49ersWebzone