LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 324 users in the forums

WHY NO FLAG I was so pissed.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Liono
It doesn't matter weather or not he was considered a "runner". That was HELMET TO HELMET CONTACT. It should be a penalty no matter what. And to think brooks was called for touching Ryan, and that Whitner hit was called.

These calls are so inconsistent, and they can determine the outcome of a game. Those penalties affected the score board! Sometimes I just want to kick those refs right in the balls.
[ Edited by Liono on Dec 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM ]
The sad thing is the NFL/Refs tried everything they could to get a 49ers/Cardinals play in game next Sunday. 4 calls inside the 49ers 10 yard line last night almost pulled it off. A personal foul on Whitner and a unsportsmanlike penalty on the same play to move the ball inside the 2 yard line. The Whitner hit was legal and should've never been flagged. Then with the 49ers leading by 10 with 2 minutes to play-They call Whitner for holding and Brooks for roughing the passer. When they show the replay Gonzalez throws Whitner to the ground and Brooks jumps over Matt Ryan. The end result is a Atlanta TD and they move the ball up 15 yards so Atlanta can on sides kick. Without the roughing the passer penalty there is no way Atlanta on sides kicks with three timeouts and the 2 minute warning. Anyone who thinks that the NFL/Refs don't manipulate these games is only kidding themselves.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Need4Speed:

None of the commentators even said anything about this hit. It was obviously helmet to helmet. He was in the pocket scrambling. If this was Manning he would be getting a letter in the mail. Against Colin it's well he might of ran so....
technically he was a runner at that point.

Still in pocket
There is nothing wrong with this hit and there was NOTHING wrong with the hit that Ahmad put on Mrs Drew Brees either.

I'm not sure that's true. I've heard it explained but from what I could tell if he is doing a run action then he is considered a runner if he is scrambling in a pass play he is like every other QB in the pocket.

Yeah, you can see he did not tuck the ball yet and head upfield, so there is NO REASON to treat him as a runner except his name tag says Kaepernick
Lots of BS calls for both teams in this game. The Hitner call was total BS. He timed it perfectly to dislodge the ball with a shoulder. That was a text book within the rule hit.

The holding call for Boldin on the Falcon defender was BS too. The game is too fast for these refs. They are calling some of them on assumption and not seeing the whole thing.
Potato Kap with his beats reminds me of warren from something about Mary

I'm not sure that's true. I've heard it explained but from what I could tell if he is doing a run action then he is considered a runner if he is scrambling in a pass play he is like every other QB in the pocket.

He was still in the pocket, and had not tucked the ball (he had brought it down, but still had a passer grip) Kaep was not a runner on this play, he was simply not Drew Breeze.

Watching games hard for the "Contact to head and neck" rule, I notice plenty of QBs around the league suffer from not being Drew Breeze, too bad for them.
Bc he has tattoos
Someone else might be able to post the video or shorten it but this link shows a better angle of the hit. Crazy how that isn't a penalty.

http://fansided.com/2013/12/23/monday-night-football-colin-kaepernick-takes-big-sack-jonathan-massaquoi-gif/

Didn't care about the call. The defender had no clue Kap was going to 180 right into him. Besides we got a ghost PI call later that helped us big time.
Originally posted by mod:
I was yelling the same thing... But we benefited from a false PI minutes earlier so I call it even.

What about the Whitner penalty?

f**k calling it even. They benefit from 5 crappy calls and you wanna call it even because ONE crappy call went in our favor?
Originally posted by trogdor:
I actually am fine with that not being called because what else could the defender do? Kaepernick pretty much runs into him. I agree that they need to be consistent with these penalties, but if the tables were turned and it was Aldon drilling Matt Ryan like that we would think it was amazing. Then again he'd probably get ejected or something because the officials can't seem to get any calls right anymore.

This, it was a good no call. Im tired of the campaign to make football a p***y sport even if its my team that came up short on that play, taking big hits out of the game is going to eventually ruin it.

Now the flag on whitner when he hit S-jax, that was a bad call.
  • Liono
It's not a good no call when you're calling two handed touch PFs on the other end. Not a good no call when they called it on us in NO, potentially costing us the game, which may end up costing us homefield, a bye, and a trip to the superbowl (due to having to go through Seattle.
Originally posted by Liono:
It's not a good no call when you're calling two handed touch PFs on the other end. Not a good no call when they called it on us in NO, potentially costing us the game, which may end up costing us homefield, a bye, and a trip to the superbowl (due to having to go through Seattle.

Two wrongs don't make a right. It was a good no call and the call against Brooks was a bull s**t call too.
Share 49ersWebzone