LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 265 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Is this the same team that tried to dig up Brett Farve to play QB this year?

that wasnt really true, it was a media story all the way. favres agent is also austin davis agent who is a qb the rams used to have and then brought back after bradford got hurt. they were talking to bus cook about davis and probably joked about favre. became way too huge of a story.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Nov 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
not really we won 35-11 last time at your place

what are you talking about? My place is a townhouse in Duarte Ca.

both teams have the same MO - Strong D, questionable O. SF is coming off a short week also. Not sure if Thanksgiving might slow both teams down a little ?
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm sorry, but I can't take any team serious that has Clemens as their Qb.

Rams as a team are better with Clemens than Bradford.

He's not a good quarterback, but he seems to be a much better leader. It's weird.

Shaun Hill and JTO know what that's like.
The Rams are playing good ball and play us tough. Should be a battle.
Originally posted by ram29jackson:

both teams have the same MO - Strong D, questionable O. SF is coming off a short week also. Not sure if Thanksgiving might slow both teams down a little ?

Well our Strong D is stronger than yours and hopefully our questionable O is less questionable than yours (which should be the case but you never know if you're going to get jekle or Hyde).
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
The Rams are playing good ball and play us tough. Should be a battle.

This, going to be a tough game. Rams D has really stepped up lately. Their offense with Clemons doesn't scare me. But this is a game where the Rams really have nothing to lose. They can't really afford another loss. So expect what we saw last year. Going for it on 4th down, fake punts, etc.
Anybody knows our record after Monday night games? I know we won last year after Monday night but not too sure about our overall record with Harbs.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Anybody knows our record after Monday night games? I know we won last year after Monday night but not too sure about our overall record with Harbs.

The 49ers improved their record on Monday Night Football to 44-25 since the merger, giving San Francisco the 2nd highest winning percentage in the NFL during that span (Sea. - .714) (minimum 15 games).

The 49ers registered their 44th win on Monday Night Football, breaking a tie with Dal. for the most in NFL history. San Francisco also improved to 4-1 all-time against the Redskins in games on Monday night.

The 49ers improved their all-time record against the Redskins to 19-10-1, and 8-7 (2-1 at FedExField) all-time when playing Was. on the road.

The 49ers improved to 9-3 in prime time games under head coach Jim Harbaugh.

This marks the 49ers 5th consecutive win on Monday Night Football.

Harbaugh improved to 4-0 on ESPN's Monday Night Football.

Harbaugh improved his record as a head coach to 6-3-1 in the month of November.

The 49ers improved to 15-7 on the road since head coach Jim Harbaugh took over in 2011, giving Harbaugh the best road win percentage (.682) in the NFL during that span.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/11/26/5146960/49ers-monday-night-football-wins-nfl-history

If you don't watch the Rams closely, you may think the last two blowouts were a fluke (80 points to 29). They weren't. The youngest team in football just needed to grow up. They've been getting better week by week. They lost to the Hawks by less than a TD in the final seconds.

Quinn may be the defensive player of the year. 2nd in sacks, most hits on the QB, most forced fumbles. He's SICK. Add Long to the pass rush and the rookie speedster Ogletree bird-dogging Kappy, this is a serious pass rush and run D.

The Rams' secondary is not very good. But, then again, the Niners are last in passing. Rams play soft, let the small stuff go, and make O's defy the pass rush over and over on consistently long fields.

Rams special teams is playing lights out football. The tackling is vicious. Hekker leads the league in net punt yards average. Greg the leg almost doesn't miss and won't allow a kick return unless you're foolish. Let me put it this way, the Colts fans were cheering their return guy for kneeling it. Tavon is returning both punts and kicks and is 5th in the league despite a horrible start due to penalties and piss poor blocking. He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball in any position.

The niners have a physical and stout running D. The Rams, over the last four weeks, have the best run game in the NFL at 5.6 YPC.

I don't think most Niners fans have a good grasp on what the Rams will be bringing this time around.

I'm not making a prediction but any hope of a gimmie should be set aside. This will be a battle. Niners by 9.5 points? I don't see it.

Originally posted by ram29jackson:

so clever...im talking about the rams stadium obviously. i doubt your home is large enough to host an nfl game. Im not trying to say it will be another blow out but it could very well be. Your defense is legit but so is ours. Both offenses are up and down, seeing as we are at home id give us a slight edge. We had no new injuries so I dont see the short week playing too much of a factor. Either way it will be a good game.
Originally posted by RamzFanz:
If you don't watch the Rams closely, you may think the last two blowouts were a fluke (80 points to 29). They weren't. The youngest team in football just needed to grow up. They've been getting better week by week. They lost to the Hawks by less than a TD in the final seconds.

Quinn may be the defensive player of the year. 2nd in sacks, most hits on the QB, most forced fumbles. He's SICK. Add Long to the pass rush and the rookie speedster Ogletree bird-dogging Kappy, this is a serious pass rush and run D.

The Rams' secondary is not very good. But, then again, the Niners are last in passing. Rams play soft, let the small stuff go, and make O's defy the pass rush over and over on consistently long fields.

Rams special teams is playing lights out football. The tackling is vicious. Hekker leads the league in net punt yards average. Greg the leg almost doesn't miss and won't allow a kick return unless you're foolish. Let me put it this way, the Colts fans were cheering their return guy for kneeling it. Tavon is returning both punts and kicks and is 5th in the league despite a horrible start due to penalties and piss poor blocking. He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball in any position.

The niners have a physical and stout running D. The Rams, over the last four weeks, have the best run game in the NFL at 5.6 YPC.

I don't think most Niners fans have a good grasp on what the Rams will be bringing this time around.

I'm not making a prediction but any hope of a gimmie should be set aside. This will be a battle. Niners by 9.5 points? I don't see it.

Ya, if the spread is 9.5 points that is ridiculous. And trust us, we as fans no the Rams are playing better. And it is a divisional game so even if the Rams were not playing well this would be a tough game.
Originally posted by RamzFanz:

the spread is not meant as a prediction in the final score, its a line set to get equal betting on both sides of the line. if 9.5 is so crazy then it will be bet down during the week.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Ya, if the spread is 9.5 points that is ridiculous. And trust us, we as fans no the Rams are playing better. And it is a divisional game so even if the Rams were not playing well this would be a tough game.

This is the most anticipated game of the season for me now. This is the big test for the Rams and their last longshot hope at a post-season.
For all the heat the 49ers are taking for blowing up the Redskins, the Bears are just as bad. The Rams are deadly if they get an early lead. Then their defense can do the only thing they're good at and the only thing they want to do and that's rush the passer and celebrate all over the field. Call me crazy but the Rams don't scare me.

Quinn is nasty good but the rest of that defense is crap including Long. He like Clay Mathews. Another one dimensional edge rusher. Good players yes, but for the money they're making they shouldn't be one dimensional players. None of those vaunted St. Louis lineman like to play the run. The Colts and Bears are NOT the 49ers. NOT EVEN CLOSE! This could be a battle but the Ram's last two games don't all of a sudden erase all the s**t performances including the 35-11 shellacking the 49ers already put on the Rams in St. Louis. I don't care if this is short week or not. Bring it Fisher!
Share 49ersWebzone