There are 395 users in the forums

I want to clear something up cap wise, this needs its own thread for now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Since not everyone checks the above thread, I want to make something clear, any player who has 4yrs experience or more, there base salary becomes guaranteed if on week 1 roster.

So Ventrone becomes guaranteed week 1. If they dont cut him now, he is a main stay.

Only guys this doesn't apply for is Rookies, 2nd, 3rd and 4th yr guys, like Marlon Moore($630K salary), Tukuafu($555K Base), and TJE($405K), Cam Johnson($405K).

Those type of players can be cut at anytime and recoup cap room.
Thanks AB83! I do see a lil roster shuffling before week 1.
So if Ventrone doesn't get cut for Marecic he is here to stay most likely since his 880k would be guaranteed. Would make no sense to cut him after Dobbs gets back. Makes sense AB.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2013 at 6:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
So if Ventrone doesn't get cut for Marecic he is here to stay most likely since his 880k would be guaranteed. Would make no sense to cut him after Dobbs gets back. Makes sense AB.

exactly bud. I think they kept Ventrone for a reason. Punt Protector, and a core ST guy.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
exactly bud. I think they kept Ventrone for a reason. Punt Protector, and a core ST guy.

Yeah, I get the feeling Seely vouched for him and he isn't going anywhere. He's making 880k and 855k... hopefully he's worth it on ST. I was looking and man Dahl 1.8 mil average a year he better be damn good on ST because other than that just backing up FS and possibly SS. Thanks buddy. You're going to have to start charging us for info. I never get a chance to help you out.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2013 at 6:51 PM ]
wtf is ventrone?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
wtf is ventrone?

Raymond Ventrone, S, he played ST under Seely at CLE and NE. #41...

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Yeah, I get the feeling Seely vouched for him and he isn't going anywhere. He's making 880k and 855k... hopefully he's worth it on ST. I was looking and man Dahl 1.8 mil average a year he better be damn good on ST because other than that just backing up FS and possibly SS. Thanks buddy. You're going to have to start charging us for info. I never get a chance to help you out.

Yeah, $880K is his salary, combined between $715K base and $165K roster bonus.
its been rumored before that seely gets a couple of his guys for special teams.
don't really see anything special in him. I was guessing he would be one of the cuts when ham, crabtree, dial, carradine, and dobbs come back. Kinda complicates things now

Share 49ersWebzone