LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 371 users in the forums

NICK MOODY thread

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
"Moody (6-foot-1, 236) was a physical free safety on the Seminoles' defense..." Ever since we drafted him, I've been curious if Moody could project to either FS or SS on the Niners with Whitner's last year of his contract being this year. Anyone else been wondering the same about Moody? Maybe Jeff Fuller Part II? Look at his size...definitely taller than Whitner and makes me wonder if he can cover better. Supposedly, Moody is a good tackler who hits like a truck...when he was healthy at Florida St., he had 79 tackles as a Safety. Would be something if we found two good Safeties in this year's draft in Reid and Moody.

Willis is the same height and 240 lbs., and pretty sure Whitner is right around 210. At 236 I think he's far too bulky to play safety.
Originally posted by Disp:
Willis is the same height and 240 lbs., and pretty sure Whitner is right around 210. At 236 I think he's far too bulky to play safety.

Yes, I was thinking about that regarding his weight...236 is probably too bulky. However, he had to bulk up to 236 to play linebacker. Maybe his more natural playing weight is around 220 and thus, could lose some weight to move back to S again. It really depends on how our LB corp shakes out...will we already have two back-up ILBs in Skuta and Wilhoite or will Skuta now be an OLB as he was practicing a few weeks ago? Also, I hear Fleming is being moved inside. That's where I'm going w/ this...maybe Moody's best playing weight is in the 220 lb range and thus, could be a possibility to get moved back to FS (or SS), where he did well in college. Whatever happens, it's not an easy situation...Whitner is a solid S, a team leader, and a bruising tackler...I'm just hoping he doesn't get exposed in coverage like last year (14 TDs given up).
Special Teams positions will have some good camp competition.

Let the battles begin.
Kind of feel like Cam Johnson and Fleming will be the odd guys left out, but time will tell.
Let the battles begin indeed! Finally getting excited. I don't even care which scrubs beat out others to make the team. May the best men win!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
moody is a poor-man's bowman.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/moody-returns-full-49ers-practice-field

HERTFORDSHIRE, England – Rookie linebacker Nick Moody has been cleared to return to practice after spending six weeks on the sideline with a broken right hand.

Moody, who sustained the injury after being injured on special teams in the season-opener against the Green Bay Packers, was placed on injured reserve designated for return. He does not count against the 49ers' 53-man roster limit, so the club would have to clear space to activate him.

Moody is back.
Originally posted by sfout:

HERTFORDSHIRE, England – Rookie linebacker Nick Moody has been cleared to return to practice after spending six weeks on the sideline with a broken right hand.

Moody, who sustained the injury after being injured on special teams in the season-opener against the Green Bay Packers, was placed on injured reserve designated for return. He does not count against the 49ers' 53-man roster limit, so the club would have to clear space to activate him.

Moody is back.

The reserves keep coming!
thank goodness, i knew we needed a 5th inside linebacker

Moody is back.

Sounds like Stupar's days are numbered

who's gonna leave?
Nate Stupar or Cunningham
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
practice squad. Wilhoit got that s**t on lock.
Cunningham as he has not even been active and Stupar has.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Moody is back.

The reserves keep coming!

Share 49ersWebzone