There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Meh, I still think he should've been activated for this season as part of the playoff push

too much on a young rookie. Not sure he'd would be serviceable that early in pass protection. If he is anything like his highlight video I saw, we've got a very good RB

gore wasnt bad as a rookie splitting time with tip toe barlow. i could see lattimore getting the lion's share of the carries if he looks great in preseason and pushes for playing time. i think hunter could also push for time. i would hate to see frank go but the niners are about to have to make some serious decisions because we have some key FAs coming up and some major rookie deals that need extending. i hope gores back next year but even if he isnt i think we look good at RB going forward. i just threw up a little just thinking of gore not being a niner...
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Which current pro does Lattimore remind you of? Who does he compare to the best?

I've only seen highlights but I see an Arian Foster in him
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
I've only seen highlights but I see an Arian Foster in him

I have seen that comparison before. its a pretty good one
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Which current pro does Lattimore remind you of? Who does he compare to the best?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/marcus-lattimore?id=2540174

Great summary. I think the comparison to Arian Foster is quite accurate.
Gore wasn't to blame for his lack of yardage yesterday...there were no holes...but it's time to start easing in a younger guy who can get to the edge and take it all the way when he gets into the open field. As much as I love Gore he is just not as able to take off unless the D take bad angles. If they can keep Gore happy and sub in Lattimore...great!
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/marcus-lattimore?id=2540174

Great summary. I think the comparison to Arian Foster is quite accurate.
What that summary didn't say is the guy had an almost magical ability to get out of tackles. for a big man he is quite slippery. If he still has that. then we have something great!
He'll rush for over 2,000 yards
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
He'll rush for over 2,000 yards

lets hope in a season
Still would have taken Knile Davis, But Lattimore was my close second choice.

Gore will start the season IMO but i have high hopes for Lattimore. Has a shot at taking the lead back roll before seasons end.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
If he can be a young Gore, then I'll more than happy...
Very excited and intrigued to see what Lattimore can bring to our offense next year.
Can Lattimore block? One of the biggest things with Gore is he can block almost like an extra linemen. I don't see us turning the reigns over to anyone unless they can block like Gore can.
I think he can be a better receiving threat too
I almost forgot about this guy. It will be nice to have a bigger faster back to compliment gore.
I would be hesitant to put expectations on Lattimore. He completely cut his whole knee up. We saw with Manningham how hard and long it takes to come back. I'll remain hopeful but any production we get from Marcus will be fortuitous.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home