There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis signs five-year contract extension

Originally posted by mustangmele:
I like Anthony Davis as a player, but as a person he needs to grow up. Im tired of hearing about his immature / vulgar tweets along with his trash talking. Also, that was a classless move to publicly call out his college head coach. Be the better man and let your game/contract do the talking. And besides, i don't doubt Anthony Davis needed a reality check in college in regards to his attitude. The days of people like Marvin Harrison and Barry Sanders are diminishing.

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Crabman, are they going to re-sign you?

yes but only after i get franchised after my contract is up lol

They effing better I didn't buy a Crabtree Jersey his rookie year for nothing!
Anthony Davis is the kind of player we need our roster to imitate. Elite skill. Great teammate. Coachable. Stands up for his team and himself. Questionable class.

Love it.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Anthony Davis is the kind of player we need our roster to imitate. Elite skill. Great teammate. Coachable. Stands up for his team and himself. Questionable class.

Love it.

lol for real. We can't have an entire team of saints. We have to have some guys that don't mind scrapping and talking s**t. This is football not church. I think he's kinda funny btw.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
I like Anthony Davis as a player, but as a person he needs to grow up. Im tired of hearing about his immature / vulgar tweets along with his trash talking. Also, that was a classless move to publicly call out his college head coach. Be the better man and let your game/contract do the talking. And besides, i don't doubt Anthony Davis needed a reality check in college in regards to his attitude. The days of people like Marvin Harrison and Barry Sanders are diminishing.


I'm pretty sure Marvin Harrison wasnt exactly a class act off the field either.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
Originally posted by Haha:
Originally posted by Timdiz:
Originally posted by Haha:
Waste of money. He sucks as a run blocker. Way to go Baalke you dummy.
Dear god, I hope your being sarcastic because even for a troll that's a stupid thing to say. The least you could do is call him a terrible pass blocker because that's what he's struggled in recent years. As a run blocker? he's one, if not the best at it at his position.


Davis really was our most consistent lineman ,I'm waiting for that 42-13 a score to pop up soon, that was their SB, bottom feeders, yup the name speaks for itself seahawks.

maybe "Haha" is this guy from seahawks.net who wrote this in their anthony davis thread.....

Not at all, I'm a bit more on the fence than earlier. Sounds a lot like the Sean Locklear situation to me. Baalke might have pulled a Tim Ruskell. Like I said earlier he can pass block but Gore averaged 3.7 yards per carry running behind him last year. Substantially less yardage than he averaged running left or up the middle. Congrats 49ers, you may have spent a bunch of money on a one trick pony who can only pass block. I like that he never misses games but thats a lot of money tied up to the 3rd most important position on the offensive line and Iupati getting a blockbuster deal shortly. Oh well, thats their problem.


If you rewind the games and watch him block frame-by-frame, play-by-play, your jaw will drop and you will realize that there are lies, damn lies, and then their are statistics.

Anthony Davis is a run blocking force, and dramatically improved in the pass block. A lot of those tackles are made by corners and safeties breaking into the play and have nothing to do with Davis. Then there is scheme etc. There are a million factors to account for with statistics.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Dude is always in the middle of everything. Love it.


This is the day Davis became one of my favorite Niners. Glad to see him extended.

One of the best pictures in 49er history.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
I like Anthony Davis as a player, but as a person he needs to grow up. Im tired of hearing about his immature / vulgar tweets along with his trash talking. Also, that was a classless move to publicly call out his college head coach. Be the better man and let your game/contract do the talking. And besides, i don't doubt Anthony Davis needed a reality check in college in regards to his attitude. The days of people like Marvin Harrison and Barry Sanders are diminishing.


I'm pretty sure Marvin Harrison wasnt exactly a class act off the field either.

Oh come on, he's only a murderer.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
I like Anthony Davis as a player, but as a person he needs to grow up. Im tired of hearing about his immature / vulgar tweets along with his trash talking. Also, that was a classless move to publicly call out his college head coach. Be the better man and let your game/contract do the talking. And besides, i don't doubt Anthony Davis needed a reality check in college in regards to his attitude. The days of people like Marvin Harrison and Barry Sanders are diminishing.


I'm pretty sure Marvin Harrison wasnt exactly a class act off the field either.

Oh come on, he's only a murderer.

LOL, exactly. I disregarded the entire post once I saw his name mentioned as a "class act".
Originally posted by bzborow1:
The numbers for Davis don't seem that bad at all for a high-potential guy that is still extremely young, which is a plus for the 49ers. As for your point about market value you are absolutely correct. Not only will Davis be entering his physical prime in a couple of years, he will have had a couple more years of solid (and steady) production from which to form the basis of his next contract. So yeah, I believe this extension appears to be cost effective.

Long-term, I think Crabtree, Aldon Smith, and Kaepernick will be the expensive trio that may not stay together in 3 years. Based on recent history, expensive WR's almost always seem to hit the market so I'm thinking of those 3 the 9ers are likely to rank Crabtree at the bottom. Not based on talent as he is a #1 WR; the real question is how big will Kaepernick's salary get.

Given our issues on defense in the absence of Justin Smith, I feel the Bowman/Willis tandem may have to be broken up if we want to keep Aldon Smith, Crabtree and Kaepernick. They are great, but they didn't pick up the slack, and quite frankly at their salaries they should have.

what the hell is wrong with you
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
LOVE IT!!!! Great move by our FO yet again. Now its time for Big Mike and Kaep, the way Crabs handled his rookie deal, I don't think there's a chance in hell he's going to give a hometown discount and stick around. Jerry World will pay him whatever he wants to return to Texas. Just like with Dashon, he'll be gone.

But back to Anthony, love how much he's improved over the past 2 seasons. At only 23, the sky is the limit for him! Back in 2010, he was the 3rd T taken in the draft.

#4 Trent Williams
#6 Russell Okung
#11 Anthony Davis

All 3 were LT prospects coming out of college, but only Davis moved to RT. The other 2 guys signed new deals before Davis. Lets see what those numbers look like

Trent Williams
Contract: 6 yr(s) / $60,000,000 - Signing Bonus $3,000,000 - Average Salary $10,000,000 - End Year: 2015 - Free Agent: 2016 / Unrestricted
Russell Okung
Contract: 6 yr(s) / $48,500,000 Signing Bonus $1,680,000 - Average Salary $8,083,333 - End Year: 2015 - Free Agent: 2016 / Unrestricted
Anthony Davis
Contract: 7 yr(s) / $39,670,000 Signing Bonus ?????????- Average Salary $5,667,143 - End Year: 2019 - Free Agent: 2020 / Unrestricted

I would pick Davis over Okung ANY DAY, Trent is a push in ability for 2/3 of the price. I know the other 2 are LT's so the numbers are higher...but wait, what do Joe Staley's numbers look like????

Joe Staley
Contract: 6 yr(s) / $28,120,000 Signing Bonus - Average Salary $4,686,667 End Year: 2017 Free Agent: 2018 / Unrestricted


Well well, Joe is considered the best LT in the league, and Anthony was selected to Peter Kings All Pro team. If you add Joe's and Anthony's average salary together, you get Trent! ( I know I know, those numbers are misleading, but still funny to read )


Bottom line is that Anthony Davis is just 23 and considered one of the best RT's in the entire league. He has the ability and agility to play LT or RT. If he continues his upward trajectory of improvment each year, he will be an absolute MONSTER next year and beyond. A young, healthy, perennial All Pro that would have averaged 10M per year if he was allowed to hit the Free Agent market. We are getting an All Pro type player JUST ENTERING his prime. The 9ers FO has their sh!t together!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

peter king is a stupid, bloated sack of s**t that doesn't know football from starbucks
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
I like Anthony Davis as a player, but as a person he needs to grow up. Im tired of hearing about his immature / vulgar tweets along with his trash talking. Also, that was a classless move to publicly call out his college head coach. Be the better man and let your game/contract do the talking. And besides, i don't doubt Anthony Davis needed a reality check in college in regards to his attitude. The days of people like Marvin Harrison and Barry Sanders are diminishing.


I'm pretty sure Marvin Harrison wasnt exactly a class act off the field either.

Oh come on, he's only a murderer.

LOL, exactly. I disregarded the entire post once I saw his name mentioned as a "class act".

I guess it's okay since he didn't trash talk or celebrate on the field. Just busted caps on dudes.
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
LOVE IT!!!! Great move by our FO yet again. Now its time for Big Mike and Kaep, the way Crabs handled his rookie deal, I don't think there's a chance in hell he's going to give a hometown discount and stick around. Jerry World will pay him whatever he wants to return to Texas. Just like with Dashon, he'll be gone.

But back to Anthony, love how much he's improved over the past 2 seasons. At only 23, the sky is the limit for him! Back in 2010, he was the 3rd T taken in the draft.

#4 Trent Williams
#6 Russell Okung
#11 Anthony Davis

All 3 were LT prospects coming out of college, but only Davis moved to RT. The other 2 guys signed new deals before Davis. Lets see what those numbers look like

Trent Williams
Contract: 6 yr(s) / $60,000,000 - Signing Bonus $3,000,000 - Average Salary $10,000,000 - End Year: 2015 - Free Agent: 2016 / Unrestricted
Russell Okung
Contract: 6 yr(s) / $48,500,000 Signing Bonus $1,680,000 - Average Salary $8,083,333 - End Year: 2015 - Free Agent: 2016 / Unrestricted
Anthony Davis
Contract: 7 yr(s) / $39,670,000 Signing Bonus ?????????- Average Salary $5,667,143 - End Year: 2019 - Free Agent: 2020 / Unrestricted

I would pick Davis over Okung ANY DAY, Trent is a push in ability for 2/3 of the price. I know the other 2 are LT's so the numbers are higher...but wait, what do Joe Staley's numbers look like????

Joe Staley
Contract: 6 yr(s) / $28,120,000 Signing Bonus - Average Salary $4,686,667 End Year: 2017 Free Agent: 2018 / Unrestricted


Well well, Joe is considered the best LT in the league, and Anthony was selected to Peter Kings All Pro team. If you add Joe's and Anthony's average salary together, you get Trent! ( I know I know, those numbers are misleading, but still funny to read )


Bottom line is that Anthony Davis is just 23 and considered one of the best RT's in the entire league. He has the ability and agility to play LT or RT. If he continues his upward trajectory of improvment each year, he will be an absolute MONSTER next year and beyond. A young, healthy, perennial All Pro that would have averaged 10M per year if he was allowed to hit the Free Agent market. We are getting an All Pro type player JUST ENTERING his prime. The 9ers FO has their sh!t together!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Why Baalke, Paraag and Harbaugh are awesome.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
The numbers for Davis don't seem that bad at all for a high-potential guy that is still extremely young, which is a plus for the 49ers. As for your point about market value you are absolutely correct. Not only will Davis be entering his physical prime in a couple of years, he will have had a couple more years of solid (and steady) production from which to form the basis of his next contract. So yeah, I believe this extension appears to be cost effective.

Long-term, I think Crabtree, Aldon Smith, and Kaepernick will be the expensive trio that may not stay together in 3 years. Based on recent history, expensive WR's almost always seem to hit the market so I'm thinking of those 3 the 9ers are likely to rank Crabtree at the bottom. Not based on talent as he is a #1 WR; the real question is how big will Kaepernick's salary get.

Given our issues on defense in the absence of Justin Smith, I feel the Bowman/Willis tandem may have to be broken up if we want to keep Aldon Smith, Crabtree and Kaepernick. They are great, but they didn't pick up the slack, and quite frankly at their salaries they should have.

what the hell is wrong with you

If Aldon get's the big contract, it may be Brooks who gets let go. Depending on how Cam Johnson or Fleming develops.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
LOVE IT!!!! Great move by our FO yet again. Now its time for Big Mike and Kaep, the way Crabs handled his rookie deal, I don't think there's a chance in hell he's going to give a hometown discount and stick around. Jerry World will pay him whatever he wants to return to Texas. Just like with Dashon, he'll be gone.

But back to Anthony, love how much he's improved over the past 2 seasons. At only 23, the sky is the limit for him! Back in 2010, he was the 3rd T taken in the draft.

#4 Trent Williams
#6 Russell Okung
#11 Anthony Davis

All 3 were LT prospects coming out of college, but only Davis moved to RT. The other 2 guys signed new deals before Davis. Lets see what those numbers look like

Trent Williams
Contract: 6 yr(s) / $60,000,000 - Signing Bonus $3,000,000 - Average Salary $10,000,000 - End Year: 2015 - Free Agent: 2016 / Unrestricted
Russell Okung
Contract: 6 yr(s) / $48,500,000 Signing Bonus $1,680,000 - Average Salary $8,083,333 - End Year: 2015 - Free Agent: 2016 / Unrestricted
Anthony Davis
Contract: 7 yr(s) / $39,670,000 Signing Bonus ?????????- Average Salary $5,667,143 - End Year: 2019 - Free Agent: 2020 / Unrestricted

I would pick Davis over Okung ANY DAY, Trent is a push in ability for 2/3 of the price. I know the other 2 are LT's so the numbers are higher...but wait, what do Joe Staley's numbers look like????

Joe Staley
Contract: 6 yr(s) / $28,120,000 Signing Bonus - Average Salary $4,686,667 End Year: 2017 Free Agent: 2018 / Unrestricted


Well well, Joe is considered the best LT in the league, and Anthony was selected to Peter Kings All Pro team. If you add Joe's and Anthony's average salary together, you get Trent! ( I know I know, those numbers are misleading, but still funny to read )


Bottom line is that Anthony Davis is just 23 and considered one of the best RT's in the entire league. He has the ability and agility to play LT or RT. If he continues his upward trajectory of improvment each year, he will be an absolute MONSTER next year and beyond. A young, healthy, perennial All Pro that would have averaged 10M per year if he was allowed to hit the Free Agent market. We are getting an All Pro type player JUST ENTERING his prime. The 9ers FO has their sh!t together!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

peter king is a stupid, bloated sack of s**t that doesn't know football from starbucks


Lol ok