LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 297 users in the forums

Crab and Gore fined

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When I watched Crab throw the first one into the stands I was thinking he would hear from the Not Fun League.

10 friggen grand for making a fan's life. Forget catching a foul ball, a football from touch down is a win of all wins.

Really says a ton about the NFL and their priorities.

Maybe the NFL should take a lesson from MLB.
link?
5 grand every time they do it. I don't really think they give a s**t or they wouldn't do it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lies
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
link?

You don't need a link, that's the fine. Crabtree threw 2 into the stands and Gore threw one.

This is non news.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
we'll to counter your argument

MLB players typically underhand toss a ball into the stands from 5 - 20 feet away. They dont haul off and throw the ball even 50% power into the stands. Not to mention most die hard MLB fans have their glove with them in the stands making it easier to catch.

Crabs and Gore threw the ball at fairly excessive power, last thing the NFL/9ers need a fan suing for damages from a football to the eye or having beer or hot food spilled on them from the ball or injuries sustained in a tussle amongst fans for the ball.

The NFL shouldn't fine players for handing the ball to fan at the end zone but it is understandable why they would fine someone for throwing it full tilt like Crabs and Gore did.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
For those who need proof

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/04/49ers-crabtree-gore-fined-10500-each-for-throwing-ball-in-stands/
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

I agree with the sentiments of your original point, but there is a HUGE difference between throwing a $100 NFL football into the stands than a $15 MLB baseball that teams have hundreds of on site at all times.
What's funny is Gore threw his record breaking TD ball into the stands. These guys don't give a s**t about 5-10 grand, Jed probably covers it for them anyways.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Gire

Funny thing is that one of the balls Crab threw, my sisters friend caught it lol.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Funny thing is that one of the balls Crab threw, my sisters friend caught it lol.

Your sisters friend caught Crabtree's balls?
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

I agree with the sentiments of your original point, but there is a HUGE difference between throwing a $100 NFL football into the stands than a $15 MLB baseball that teams have hundreds of on site at all times.

and the football crowds tend to be a little more drunk.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

She prob wish she did

Originally posted by SportsFan:

She prob wish she did

Personal Atta..oh wait a sec.
Share 49ersWebzone