There are 596 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I hope you are right. I'll be sick if it isn't announce today.

Really? Why?

Because its been so long already. The criminal cases are resolved and he has met with Adolf Goodell. What the hell is the hold up?
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 15, 2014 at 12:28 PM ]
This is not wishful thinking. I believe the Niners have been told that there will be no additional games lost due to the self imposed 5 games voluntarily lost. Goodall wants to announce it when the timing will cause the least backlash to the league. Probably waiting for a big enough story to break that will take attention away from his decision.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Aug 15, 2014 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by 60sFan:
This is not wishful thinking. I believe the Niners have been told that there will be no additional games lost due to the self imposed 5 games voluntarily lost. Goodall wants to announce it when the timing will cause the least backlash to the league. Probably waiting for a big enough story to break that will take attention away from his decision.

Come on Johhny Manziel, get caught doing lines off a hooker's boobs.

Can't wait to see what happens. I will be sure to let you know.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

lol
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Considering the media was all gung-ho about it being 6-8 games last week, it makes sense they would delay the punishment until later today and give him much less. The great thing is, if Goodell is at all worried about media backlash for giving a lenient punishment, he can easily include that a player who takes it upon himself to correct behavioral issues (ie going to rehab) he's willing to be more lenient. It's really a nice card he can play to downplay the media backlash.

That's what I'm hoping. 4-6 game suspension, but taking time served into consideration, 1-2. And we def don't need him for Dallas.
Originally posted by Stanley:
That's what I'm hoping. 4-6 game suspension, but taking time served into consideration, 1-2. And we def don't need him for Dallas.

We ain't losing the first game at Levi's either
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think they're announcining it today, boys. It's already 4pm in NY. Gonna have to wait until next week it looks like.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We ain't losing the first game at Levi's either

That's for sure.

I figure we lose a few, one that we should have won and the Niners will win one we had our doubts about. None of which will be those first 2 weeks.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I don't think they're announcining it today, boys. It's already 4pm in NY. Gonna have to wait until next week it looks like.

If Goodell was going to drop the hammer on Aldon like all these sources are saying he is, then why the hell does the announcement keep getting delayed ? Could be that he's about to go easy on Aldon and just waiting for the right time (i.e Ray Rice backlash dies down).

If not
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Aug 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM ]

I think the report saying the team is expecting 6-8 games was just talk. They know he's not getting that long.
Still can't say I have a feel for the number of games. But if I had to place $ on it I say 2 games max. Why? I've heard some reporters say that the self imposed suspension we let him have last year should count for something. Also the fact that he had attended rehab should all bode well for Aldon. So they say !
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Still can't say I have a feel for the number of games. But if I had to place $ on it I say 2 games max. Why? I've heard some reporters say that the self imposed suspension we let him have last year should count for something. Also the fact that he had attended rehab should all bode well for Aldon. So they say !

Roger clear as mud

On July 25, Goodell gave Ray Rice a two-game suspension after the Ravens running back hit his then-fiancee and knocked her unconscious. In defending the suspension, which was widely viewed as too lenient, Goodell cited Rices previously unblemished record.

"When there's a pattern, we also take that into account on the other side" Goodell said.

Smith, who did not face charges after he arrested for allegedly making a false bomb threat in April, clearly has a troubling pattern of behavior. He did miss five games last year when he entered a rehab center, which Goodell said in October could be factored in his favor when weighing a possible suspension.

The bold part is what clouds things up for me.
[ Edited by Rathmanator on Aug 15, 2014 at 1:47 PM ]
Bowe just got one game and he's been suspended before fro PED's. I have no clue what Roger is gonna do here. I get the feeling that he hasn't figured it out yet also. Look how long Josh Gordon has been waiting
[ Edited by lamontb on Aug 15, 2014 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Bowe just got one game and he's been suspended before fro PED's. I have no clue what Roger is gonna do here. I get the feeling that he hasn't figured it out yet also. Look how long Josh Gordon has been waiting

Jed quickly needs to give Goodell luxury suite tickets to the opening home game against the Bears. Or money for a prostitute.

Share 49ersWebzone