LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 291 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Aldon getting off with just a slap on the wrist from the district attorney. Let's hope the NFL and the Niners lay the hammer down with a suspension to finally wake this kid up.

And here I thought the most important thing was for Smith to get his act together and sack opposing quarterbacks for the Niner defense.
Originally posted by thl408:
Somebody set up us the bomb.

All your base are belong to us.

^^Not everyone will know where those quotes came from.

Zero wing!!!
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Christ...what a beast. You guys sure you want him gone?.....LOL

6-year extension

That's what I'm talking about. A guy with more sacks in his first two years than anyone else in league history simply doesn't come along very often.

How many niner fans actually want aldon gone? I know there is a rather vocal minority on this site that do but I would be willing to bet if you polled the average niner fan that they would want him to stay. I mean the guy is one of the best if not the best pass rushers in the game and he is coming along as an all around beast OLB, against the pass or the run. No way the 49er brass doens't pick up his option.

I don't think many people want him gone, they just want him to get his s**t together. If he stays out of trouble for the rest of his career (big "if") he'll probably go down as the best defensive player we've ever had.

I would agree that the majority take this reasonable approach. Aldon definetly seems to be in need of help.

I say they fly him down to South America for a week, have him do a couple Ayahuasca trips with a shaman and perhaps a dose of ibogaine if he really does have a serious problem with alcohol.
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/04/24/aldon-smith-wont-be-charged-with-felony-in-lax-case/
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Aldon getting off with just a slap on the wrist from the district attorney. Let's hope the NFL and the Niners lay the hammer down with a suspension to finally wake this kid up.

He has already voluntarily missed 5 games and went into rehabilitation for his alcoholism! Sure he is ornery and said something stupid at LAX but until I see clear evidence that he is not taking his rehab from alcohol seriously or that he is brandishing illegal firearms again then what more does the NFL or the 49ers need to do assuming Aldon gets no criminal charge? You can't just defy the NFLPA just because a player is an idiot or a smart ass! Anyone can get taken in cuffs but if the judicial system finds them innocent then we all need to lay off! Marshawn Lynch got off easy as well but I don't see anyone complaining. 5 weeks missed is enough for what Aldon did more than 12 months ago!
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

Zero wing!!!

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/04/24/aldon-smith-wont-be-charged-with-felony-in-lax-case/

Oh lucky him. So now only has 3 felonies, 2 DUI's, multiple driving off the road incidents which are unexplained. Until the next time he blows up that is.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Just a misdemeanor? Pick up that option

This. The upcoming hearing for his DUI is far more significant than this recent incident (albeit quite embarrassing) at LAX.

The time Aldon served voluntarily in rehab should bode well at his DUI hearing. He took steps to get better as a human being and in overcoming his demons! If he is not charged at LAX it has no bearing on anything else. I thought it was bush league for the LAX officer to say that Aldon "may have been drinking earlier" when there was no proof of such and no toxicology to back up such an assertion. Total BS! I think Aldon will be fine and as I have consistently maintained throughout we will exhibit good business practice and pick up the non guaranteed no risk owner preferred 5th year option. It is bad business not to do it!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good news.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

Zero wing!!!

You win Aldon's sack

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Oh lucky him. So now only has 3 felonies, 2 DUI's, multiple driving off the road incidents which are unexplained. Until the next time he blows up that is.

This should be his last chance. One more and he's gone.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 1m LA County DA's Office says it has referred Aldon Smith case to the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office for misdemeanor consideration.#49ers

How are your Sea Hawks gonna do next year.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Are you still talking about the accident where he was the passenger as a driving off the road incident?

How has that incident not been explained? And please do not attempt to color the accident by saying that he claimed that he was not the driver.

Aldon Smith won't be charged with felony in LAX case

Aldon God is really trying to get ahold of you.
Any other person wouldve been in some serious trouble if this happened to them.
It does not make any since that you where not charged with a felony do to this but that God is looking out for you.
Take heed and take action.
Knowledge is knowing info but Wisdom is applying Knowledge.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
aldon is who he is; he will continue to make dumb decisions because he is dumb. trade him to any of the first five teams in the draft and get an impact player.
i'd rather have clowney, watkins, robinson, mack, evans or barr (raw, but elite rush ability).
Share 49ersWebzone