There are 512 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by buck:
True, but.....

You were wrong when you claimed that he had two DUIs.

More speciifically: he had 2 DUI arrests. ...both of which Goodell can use to determine a penalty.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
STILL no ruling...

Is Goodell on vacation or something?

His thumb gonna stank... sitting there with it up his ass for so long
  • Chief
  • Veteran
He doesn't want to give Aldon a crazy suspension so he is waiting for the Ray Rice backlash to disappear.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
WIN, I have been saying that all along. But a caveat, however. I would also not be surprised to see a huge stick in the form of a season suspension, if Aldon screws up again, no matter the circumstances. I think that will be part of the deal and he can play immediately, or 1 game suspension at most.

Yah know Paso I think that would be an excellent condition. A suspended sentence so to speak. Keep your nose clean for a few years or spend a season suspended, 500,000 fine, no suspension in 2014 unless another incident occurs as previously discussed.
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 14, 2014 at 9:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Chief:
He doesn't want to give Aldon a crazy suspension so he is waiting for the Ray Rice backlash to disappear.

If he gets more games than Rice the backlash will be even worse.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Stuff like this tends to get dumped on Fridays. Hopefully we hear something tomorrow and don't have to wait another week or two.
Originally posted by Disp:
Stuff like this tends to get dumped on Fridays. Hopefully we hear something tomorrow and don't have to wait another week or two.

I think Sunday will be the day.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we'll hear something today.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think we'll hear something today.

I sincerely hope so. That way we can get guys in gear knowing what we have to do. We own adversity, it doesn't own us. We learned that last season
Originally posted by btthepunk:

There is a lot of truth to this.

Anyf**kingtimenowa*****e!!!!
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

There is a lot of truth to this.

I doubt he gets more than Rice. We are now down to penalizing Aldon for the guns. He didn't know he should have known he knows now. A mistake not criminal intent. He fixed the alcohol. Goodell will have him sit a game or two then fine him severely for the money he made when he sat out
This needs to be announced so we can move on.
I agree with other posters here that Friday is the day. Hopefully, today. By 2 pm PST. The late-in-the-week announcement is an ages-long public relations strategy to limit media response.
ANNOUCE IT GOODEELL FOR GOD SAKES
Share 49ersWebzone