There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith Thread **2015 Incident Tracker- 0**

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,591
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by cciowa:
the media did not create the story. they may be an enabler but in the end our players make their own choices.

They rarely create the stories but you are correct they are the Enablers.
thats why its upsetting our guys are putting ourselves in these types of spots knowing they will attract the media, add to that we are a high profile team with a high profile coach,, well there you go
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 4,439
Sorry if it's been posted:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/49ers-aldon-smith-risk-of-off-field-trouble-draft-psych-test-lax-alleged-bomb-threat-041414

Smith, who was arrested Sunday for allegedly making a bomb threat at Los Angeles International Airport, was red-flagged before the 2011 draft by the North Carolina-based scouting service Human Resource Tactics, which works with subscribing NFL teams.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,932
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
How many charges can pile up for Aldon before he is suspended?

I would think a felony has to stick first in the legal system before Goodell would suspend. The NFL PA is a pretty powerful body and I don't think anything less than a Felony conviction would result in a significant suspension. I think the bomb threat can be pled down, I hope. The DUI can be pled down, I hope. The fact that he self suspended himself 5-ish games is also a consideration and on top of that he got help from a DUI clinic is a factor also. The NFL PA union will be the 49ers best friend in Cully and Aldon's case right now, and whoever else is going to be arrested. (I hope this is the end of it - Frankly I'm getting tired of these kinds of news stories).
He will be suspended based off of his other pending legal issues, this is just hte cherry on the cake. Right now we have to assume he will not be starting the season playing for us.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Alcoholism is a disease; I get it. But, there are drunks and there are stupid, belligerent drunks. Aldon seems to be the latter. This young man needs consequences beyond another stint in rehab, like an extended suspension, and maybe even a reflection in his next contract in case of future regressions. What he doesn't need is people making excuses for him!

Not sure the latest incident was alcohol related.

Aldon is an idiot for what he did at LAX, but it's actually pretty common. People that are traveling are often rushed, anxious, and tired. I've seen a 75 year old white woman do the same thing Aldon did, and get detained. It's not smart, but it's not felony gun charges or DUI. We don't even know what he said. I mean, if the TSA stops you for secondary screening and you reply, "Is that necessary? It's not like I have a bomb or something" then all the TSA hears is "bomb" and you're detained. They are trained to arrest first and ask questions later because no one wants to be the person responsible for actually letting a guy on a plane with a bomb.
New CBA sucks!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I refuse to call Kilgore a dumbass. He was intoxicated, but he was literally walking down the street minding his own business.

What happened to kilgore?
All I know is a team's "window" has officially closed when players start getting arrested!

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,591
Originally posted by verb1der:
All I know is a team's "window" has officially closed when players start getting arrested!

i am more than concerned with what has taken place with our players but even i am not hysterical
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,591
Originally posted by wailers15:
He will be suspended based off of his other pending legal issues, this is just hte cherry on the cake. Right now we have to assume he will not be starting the season playing for us.

if that is what it takes, than good. we will just fill in with the good players we have waiting in the wings and let the chips fall where they may,,,,,,, if your theory is correct
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,932
Originally posted by wailers15:
He will be suspended based off of his other pending legal issues, this is just hte cherry on the cake. Right now we have to assume he will not be starting the season playing for us.

Leonard Little, he had to kill somebody before the NFL suspended him for a significant amount of time. As long as Aldon doesn't do anything else that is stupid, he may not be suspended if he's lucky enough to plead all the felony charges down to misdemeanor or below.

Originally posted by Wikipedia:
Authorities said [Leonard] Little's blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit.

The NFL suspended him for eight games, and he was charged with involuntary manslaughter. He plead guilty in June, and began serving a 90-day sentence in the city workhouse, and performing an assigned 1,000 hours of community service.
Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob 3m **BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source:49ers are seriously contemplating releasing Aldon Smith after another off-field issue. No decision yet but talks
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
How many charges can pile up for Aldon before he is suspended?

I would think a felony has to stick first in the legal system before Goodell would suspend. The NFL PA is a pretty powerful body and I don't think anything less than a Felony conviction would result in a significant suspension. I think the bomb threat can be pled down, I hope. The DUI can be pled down, I hope. The fact that he self suspended himself 5-ish games is also a consideration and on top of that he got help from a DUI clinic is a factor also. The NFL PA union will be the 49ers best friend in Cully and Aldon's case right now, and whoever else is going to be arrested. (I hope this is the end of it - Frankly I'm getting tired of these kinds of news stories).

I don't think anything stuck to Pacman Jones and he was suspend for a year.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I refuse to call Kilgore a dumbass. He was intoxicated, but he was literally walking down the street minding his own business.

What happened to kilgore?

Just that, "Drunk in Public."

I've seen cops arrest people walking out of a bar to a cab and give them a DIP.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Aldon...



Up for Dumbass of the Offseason Award...

1. Chris Culliver
2. Aldon Smith
3 Kaep/Patton
4. Daniel Kilgore

I refuse to call Kilgore a dumbass. He was intoxicated, but he was literally walking down the street minding his own business.

I'd rate the dumbass scale like this:

1. Culliver
2. Smith
3. Kilgore

I don't know why Kaepernick would be on the scale at all. Having a few drinks in your up-scale hotel room with two friends? Whatever. A young woman comes over to party with you and your friends? Whatever. She passes out and they call 911? No problem there. I still don't see what the problem is with Kaepernick.