LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 468 users in the forums

Vernon Davis makes it into 49ers history books

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I love how in MMQB Peter King talks about Gronkowski breaking an "illustrious" record (TD's by a TE in a season). I don't remember it even being mentioned when Vernon tied the record. If it was, it was barely, and it certainly wasn't made into a big deal like it is with Gronkowski.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

You're absolutely correct. It's PK manlove for all things east coast.

i hate him.
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Gronk is a beast though. He's like a combination of Vernon Davis and Tony Gonzalez, except bigger than both and twice as dumb.

I think this is the best description of Gronk I've heard.
Originally posted by GoldCurtain:
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Gronk is a beast though. He's like a combination of Vernon Davis and Tony Gonzalez, except bigger than both and twice as dumb.

I think this is the best description of Gronk I've heard.

gronk is awesome, i am murdering fools in fantasy ball this year with rodgers and gronk, my rbs are gore, lynch, stewart, ben tate, helu, i'm just killing ppl
Gronk catch ball. Gronk Score touchdown.
I love how in MMQB Peter King talks about Gronkowski breaking an "illustrious" record (TD's by a TE in a season). I don't remember it even being mentioned when Vernon tied the record. If it was, it was barely, and it certainly wasn't made into a big deal like it is with Gronkowski.

Nobody ever gets mention for equaling a record, just for breaking a record. ESPN didn't have a full cast and crew when Coach K tied Bobby Knight's all time win record. But they did roll out all that fan fair for the game where he broke the record.
Originally posted by GoldCurtain:
Gronk catch ball. Gronk Score touchdown.

Lol Gronk
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
here is something to think about.

Vernon drafted in 06 has that many TDs with little QB help early on.

Jason Witten was in 04 and only has 41.

Just imagine if VD didn't drop 1:3
Originally posted by lamontb:

Nobody ever gets mention for equaling a record, just for breaking a record. ESPN didn't have a full cast and crew when Coach K tied Bobby Knight's all time win record. But they did roll out all that fan fair for the game where he broke the record.

if its an "illustrious" record it should still get mentioned. Gronkowski hasn't broken the record yet, either. Its likely he will but no guarantee.
I would let Davis test the FA market when the time comes, I think we can find better hands and a cheaper blocker.
Yeah and the fact Davis broke the record says just how bad Alex Smith is! Oh wait that doesn't make sense, hmm.
[ Edited by WeAreLegend on Dec 5, 2011 at 1:35 PM ]

Originally posted by SealTeam6:
I would let Davis test the FA market when the time comes, I think we can find better hands and a cheaper blocker.

He'll be our highest paid player next too. For every big play he makes, he screws up two others. If only he knew how to catch the ball. Its pretty much the main part of his job.
I would rather spend that money on an all-pro WR since most of ours drop passes, use D. Walker more ( who runs and catches better than VD), pick up a blocking TE.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
crazy. The best niner T.E. evar I guess.

Except he's not.
some of the comments on this page are just wow
Brent Jones was a stud. Its amazing that VD has already passed him. I make jokes about his hands and stuff but the guy is a good player who can still get better. I want to see him more involved, and more consistent.

Hey, it was funny and I think everyone agrees that he is a good player, if somewhat erratic when it comes to his hands. Really surprised he has passed Jones this fast!
Share 49ersWebzone