There are 143 users in the forums

most important player for rest of season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
eric davis on 95.7 the game says adam synder. i must say i agree, the oline play has been so much better with him in there. when he plays good and whole line plays well.

It's a good point. Look at how INTELLIGENT coaching has helped our team. Sing's relentlessly idiotic support for Rachal as a starter hindered this team's OL and consequentially QB play as well.

I'll go ahead and agree with his point, because with OL success comes QB, RB, and WR success.

The game is won in the trenches.
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
eric davis on 95.7 the game says adam synder. i must say i agree, the oline play has been so much better with him in there. when he plays good and whole line plays well.

Adam Snyder is certainly the most underrated. He is obviously not the MVP though; I don't think that's what Eric Davis really meant, was it?

Who would have thought that Terrell Brown would lead our team in snaps played and contain Calvin Johnson and Adam Snyder would be the key to better O-line play and shut down Ndamukong Suh?
Gonna go against the grain big time and say Aldon Smith. A truly blessed pass rusher makes a good defense great and is so important to a team with a game manager at QB and a power running game. Face it, you run the ball as much as we do, you can never count on lighting up the scoreboard. It can be argued that we're 4-2 without that safety he caused and the second sack+ff that pushed them back to 2nd and 18 in our territory. On those two plays alone he gained us 2 points and the ball and took away a likely fg from them. I understand he's still somewhat of a liability in coverage. But the beauty of it is teams won't ever be sure if he's gonna rush or drop back in coverage so they can't justify "wasting" a rb staying in to help block him. He's out there, it's one on one with the tackle. I like his chances. With him we don't have to blitz to get pressure. So that leaves at least 3 lb's free. Not to mention how his abilities help the secondary.
Originally posted by putangina:
Gonna go against the grain big time and say Aldon Smith. A truly blessed pass rusher makes a good defense great and is so important to a team with a game manager at QB and a power running game. Face it, you run the ball as much as we do, you can never count on lighting up the scoreboard. It can be argued that we're 4-2 without that safety he caused and the second sack+ff that pushed them back to 2nd and 18 in our territory. On those two plays alone he gained us 2 points and the ball and took away a likely fg from them. I understand he's still somewhat of a liability in coverage. But the beauty of it is teams won't ever be sure if he's gonna rush or drop back in coverage so they can't justify "wasting" a rb staying in to help block him. He's out there, it's one on one with the tackle. I like his chances. With him we don't have to blitz to get pressure. So that leaves at least 3 lb's free. Not to mention how his abilities help the secondary.

Aldon was easily the MVP against Detroit. It won't be the last time this season.
Norris
Probably Alex and then Carlos Rogers

Neither are the best player on our team (I think we could all agree on that), but losing either one would be the most detrimental to their respective squads.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Oct 29, 2011 at 3:12 AM ]
its definitely Gore
TEAM! Everyone is contributing BIG! When one goes down the other fills that spot. Culliver, Snyder, Ricky j.F , Alcon smith, hunter all have stepped in and made big differences in the game. Now that we're going against a not so aggressive front 4 I hope we get all our receivers the ball
Gotta love the way this team is playing. I don't think u can narrow down just one player that would be more important that others. Granted, Alex would be thought of most because he touches the ball every play. I think he can continue his growth, as he SHOULD continue to get more confident every week.
Originally posted by mug0mug:

Neither are the best player on our team (I think we could all agree on that), but losing either one would be the most detrimental to their respective squads.

Losing either would tank the season. Carlos Rogers to backup is a huge dropoff. Alex to Kaep at this point is a huge dropoff.

The most important guy is Fred p soft
The most important guy is Fred p soft
I think an injury to Alex Smith or Gore would limit our offense the most.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by mug0mug:

Losing either would tank the season. Carlos Rogers to backup is a huge dropoff. Alex to Kaep at this point is a huge dropoff.

Kaep might be ready now with so many more weeks with Coach since pre season. We know how bad the next guy at corner is
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Gotta love the way this team is playing. I don't think u can narrow down just one player that would be more important that others. Granted, Alex would be thought of most because he touches the ball every play. I think he can continue his growth, as he SHOULD continue to get more confident every week.

This
Andy Lee for MVP.
Share 49ersWebzone