There are 643 users in the forums

Countdown to History: Frank Gore earns 49ers franchise record at 10:51 of the 2nd quarter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
heres an idea, lets wait a bit longer than week 3 to decide if a 28 year old pro bowl RB is finished...
Originally posted by Niners99:
heres an idea, lets wait a bit longer than week 3 to decide if a 28 year old pro bowl RB is finished...

Just stop it right now... This is the wrong place to bring up logic!
Originally posted by Handlesit:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Just stop it right now... This is the wrong place to bring up logic!

Patience....what has patience gotten you people? Seven seasons of caca.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The current 49ers NFL all-time franchise rushing record is held by Joe Perry at 7,344 yards.

Through week 12, Gore has:

Rushing Yards (2011): 909
Rushing Yards/Game (2011): 82.64
Career Rushing Yards: 7,323

Rushing yards needed to tie: 21

Estimated game to break the record: vs. St. Louis, Dec. 4th

Frank Gore is truly the greatest RB to ever wear a 49ers' uniform.
[ Edited by okdkid on Nov 28, 2011 at 8:54 PM ]
strange how they dont count perry's yards from when the 49ers were in the AAFC
He's a good guy to hold this record. It will be nice if he can get it next year because he might not have many full-strength years left.
Originally posted by okdkid:

I agree with this, 49ers need to get this dude a ring like the Steelers did for Jerome Bettis.
Originally posted by okdkid:

I agree with this, 49ers need to get this dude a ring like the Steelers did for Jerome Bettis.
he'll get it before the bye
Originally posted by HessianDud:
he'll get it before the bye

This

Gore, despite his poor start, is still on pace for close to 1,300 yards this season along with 10 touchdowns. Let's see if this running attack of Gore Hunter can continue to perform.
Break the record and end our playoff drought in the same year!!!

Best 49er RB ever!
Originally posted by crabman82:

It's just the way the NFL decided to count the AAFC stats / records. For instance, the Pro Football Hall of Fame recognizes the Browns' 4 AAFC titles, but the NFL does not. However, the NFL does count the AFL stats / records from the 1960s. Go figure.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by crabman82:

It's just the way the NFL decided to count the AAFC stats / records. For instance, the Pro Football Hall of Fame recognizes the Browns' 4 AAFC titles, but the NFL does not. However, the NFL does count the AFL stats / records from the 1960s. Go figure.
My only guess is that the AFL-NFL was more of a merger, whereas the NFL only took a few teams from the AAFC.
I love Frank to death, but where would you put Craig on the all time best 49er RB list?
Share 49ersWebzone