There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

KNBR

Originally posted by Prospector:
I bloody hate KNBR. I listened to them for years because I am a 49ers and Giants fan 100% all the way, every day, and they were the only game in town. But they have way too many commercials to the point where you want to stab forks in your ears.

I hate Gary Radnich and his insane pop culture trivia I don't care about. Every time he mentions "J-Lo" he should be given an electric shock by the producers.

Ralph the Razor is just as bad, crying about great Kobe Bryant can speak Italian and he is so cultured blah blah blah. Also I hate the NBA and don't care about it at all, but I like Tolbert's take on football on the rare occasions he would talk about it. I also could care less about the NHL but at least they rarely talk about it.

I liked Damon Bruce and his baseball programming, except I thought he wasted his time with callers. I hate listening to random fans babble on, and calling them "the greatest caller of all time" or whatever and calling them every day only made me picture some sad loser in a foreclosed home with no life and no ambition except to be "the most knowledgeable baseball caller on the Damon Bruce" show -- what madness, go get a blog or something. Get compensated if you are so fancy.

Now that I no longer live in the US, I don't really miss their horrible programming. This website right here and great online beat writers like Barrows and MM (before CSN) fill the void. And as much as I hate to admit it because he is a Seahawks guy, Sando's NFC West blog is awesome. He has been fair and balanced, totally talking about how great the 49ers are this year. Very professional, unlike most of ESPN media which are a bunch of homerist clowns who can only talk about New York.

An Internet-only based Bay Area sports website/podcast place would totally destroy the competition, and I would seriously consider doing that as a business if I weren't already deeply involved in an unrelated career I already enjoy. But the lack of community based podcasts is surprising. CSN Bay Area could probably do it, if they weren't so badly organized. They should offer around the clock downloadable and streaming audio, sorted by team so I don't have to listen to crap about the Raiders and Tebow and other clown circuses.

I would listen to KNBR on the Internet if it was possible, but their website is such a screaming mess you can't even find mp3s of shows to listen to. "The Game" station is nearly as difficult to find anything worth downloading. How many Mp3s of Bill Romanowski talking about the Raiders and vitamins do I need? Not many, as it turns out.

The Bay Area Sports Media is the NFC West of sports media (excluding the 49ers of course!)

Ok rant off :)

Try The Game - I actually like it.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Try The Game - I actually like it.

Why do they have a Matt Millen show? That guy destroyed an NFL team. Destroyed it. Kept them down for years. The idea that you give a guy like that a show says to me you have no idea about the NFL and no respect for knowledgeable fans. Obviously I'm not a Lions fan, but I find it embarrassing that he has a show when there are literally hundreds of other former 49er players and coaches and front office people who were not horrible failures whose opinion I would respect.

Anyway, if The Game had a streaming option and much better, easier to find MP3s of their shows, even if they had a few commercials in them, it would be good. They could say, "Yeah, ten thousand people on the Internet downloaded this segment and heard your commercial too." Small, but growing force in media.

"The Game" is a stupid name for a station by the way, utterly worthless in Google search. KNBR for example totally works.
Originally posted by Prospector:
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Try The Game - I actually like it.

Why do they have a Matt Millen show? That guy destroyed an NFL team. Destroyed it. Kept them down for years. The idea that you give a guy like that a show says to me you have no idea about the NFL and no respect for knowledgeable fans. Obviously I'm not a Lions fan, but I find it embarrassing that he has a show when there are literally hundreds of other former 49er players and coaches and front office people who were not horrible failures whose opinion I would respect.

Anyway, if The Game had a streaming option and much better, easier to find MP3s of their shows, even if they had a few commercials in them, it would be good. They could say, "Yeah, ten thousand people on the Internet downloaded this segment and heard your commercial too." Small, but growing force in media.

"The Game" is a stupid name for a station by the way, utterly worthless in Google search. KNBR for example totally works.

Matt Millen is a great analyst. Yes he may have been the worst GM of all time but that has nothing to do with him talking football.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Matt Millen is a great analyst. Yes he may have been the worst GM of all time but that has nothing to do with him talking football.

Going to have to disagree. To me, it's like having a Ryan Leaf show. Do you really care what Ryan Leaf thinks about San Diego Chargers football? Failure should not be rewarded. Might as well have a Freddy P. Soft show.
Originally posted by Prospector:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Matt Millen is a great analyst. Yes he may have been the worst GM of all time but that has nothing to do with him talking football.

Going to have to disagree. To me, it's like having a Ryan Leaf show. Do you really care what Ryan Leaf thinks about San Diego Chargers football? Failure should not be rewarded. Might as well have a Freddy P. Soft show.

Millen was a good analyst before the GM job. that's basically what got him the job.

he's still a good analyst, its just harder to take him as seriously, IMO. But if you forget that its him he says some good stuff.
I dunno thats like saying since Singletary was a garbage coach that he doesnt know jack about football. Or Bill Russell wasnt a good basketball coach so he obviously should never talk about the game since he doesnt know about it. Like Hessian said, his work as an analyst is what got him the GM job in the first place.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Millen was a good analyst before the GM job. that's basically what got him the job.

he's still a good analyst, its just harder to take him as seriously, IMO. But if you forget that its him he says some good stuff.

Sorry, still going to disagree. "Joe from Gilroy" on KNBR or any other random fan can say some good stuff, it's not hard giving smart sounding quotes and meaningless bromides and platitudes. I don't like to listen to Millen, knowing his own track record. Why not a Roger Craig show? A Jerry Rice show? How many other former 49ers are we not hearing from, because this guy is taking up airtime. I would deeply be attuned to what Jerry Rice had to say about our whole passing game. I could care less about Millen's opinions, at this point.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I dunno thats like saying since Singletary was a garbage coach that he doesnt know jack about football. Or Bill Russell wasnt a good basketball coach so he obviously should never talk about the game since he doesnt know about it. Like Hessian said, his work as an analyst is what got him the GM job in the first place.

Fair point, but look at it this way. Would you ask Mike Singletary's opinion about the footwork of NFL draft worthy college quarterbacks? No, because he didn't study the film :) and was not an offensive player anyway. What does he know about it? Nothing.

Would you ask Matt Millen's opinion about the future of NFL quarterbacks? Of franchises? Draft picks? Why? What does he know about it? Where did he OC, where did he head coach? Where did he scout? Guy was a great linebacker, no doubt, but the idea he knows anything about running an entire franchise is wrong, that he is still offering opinions on what teams should be doing is a joke. Because he proved the fact that media darlings who talk and talk but have no experience don't belong in the front office, he proved that like nobody else in the history of the NFL.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Millen was a good analyst before the GM job. that's basically what got him the job.

he's still a good analyst, its just harder to take him as seriously, IMO. But if you forget that its him he says some good stuff.

He's one of our guys. He was a good linebacker for us during the golden years. That makes him worth listening to.
Originally posted by Prospector:
I bloody hate KNBR. I listened to them for years because I am a 49ers and Giants fan 100% all the way, every day, and they were the only game in town. But they have way too many commercials to the point where you want to stab forks in your ears.

I hate Gary Radnich and his insane pop culture trivia I don't care about. Every time he mentions "J-Lo" he should be given an electric shock by the producers.

Ralph the Razor is just as bad, crying about great Kobe Bryant can speak Italian and he is so cultured blah blah blah. Also I hate the NBA and don't care about it at all, but I like Tolbert's take on football on the rare occasions he would talk about it. I also could care less about the NHL but at least they rarely talk about it.

I liked Damon Bruce and his baseball programming, except I thought he wasted his time with callers. I hate listening to random fans babble on, and calling them "the greatest caller of all time" or whatever and calling them every day only made me picture some sad loser in a foreclosed home with no life and no ambition except to be "the most knowledgeable baseball caller on the Damon Bruce" show -- what madness, go get a blog or something. Get compensated if you are so fancy.

Now that I no longer live in the US, I don't really miss their horrible programming. This website right here and great online beat writers like Barrows and MM (before CSN) fill the void. And as much as I hate to admit it because he is a Seahawks guy, Sando's NFC West blog is awesome. He has been fair and balanced, totally talking about how great the 49ers are this year. Very professional, unlike most of ESPN media which are a bunch of homerist clowns who can only talk about New York.

An Internet-only based Bay Area sports website/podcast place would totally destroy the competition, and I would seriously consider doing that as a business if I weren't already deeply involved in an unrelated career I already enjoy. But the lack of community based podcasts is surprising. CSN Bay Area could probably do it, if they weren't so badly organized. They should offer around the clock downloadable and streaming audio, sorted by team so I don't have to listen to crap about the Raiders and Tebow and other clown circuses.

I would listen to KNBR on the Internet if it was possible, but their website is such a screaming mess you can't even find mp3s of shows to listen to. "The Game" station is nearly as difficult to find anything worth downloading. How many Mp3s of Bill Romanowski talking about the Raiders and vitamins do I need? Not many, as it turns out.

The Bay Area Sports Media is the NFC West of sports media (excluding the 49ers of course!)

Ok rant off :)

95.7>>knbr
My problem with KNBR is that the hosts of the morning show and Radnich spend too much time on BS, showing off what they think is "good knowledge" about pop culture and crap. They forgot why we tune in, to hear S P O R T S talk. Don't want to hear about their media buddies, their view of politicians, or other B.S.

I personally like the interplay between Fitz and Brooks, especially when they give their take on teams.

A little silliness is forgiveable, and sometimes funny. Too much baloney has me hitting the FM button.

Paying attention Bob Agnew?
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
My problem with KNBR is that the hosts of the morning show and Radnich spend too much time on BS, showing off what they think is "good knowledge" about pop culture and crap. They forgot why we tune in, to hear S P O R T S talk. Don't want to hear about their media buddies, their view of politicians, or other B.S.

I personally like the interplay between Fitz and Brooks, especially when they give their take on teams.

A little silliness is forgiveable, and sometimes funny. Too much baloney has me hitting the FM button.

Paying attention Bob Agnew?

you mean to tell me people tune into a SPORTS TALK radio station to listen to sports? nah you're crazy, it's all about gary radnich talking about kim kardashian and ralph barbieri talking about amici's pizza and 58 min. of commercials
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
you mean to tell me people tune into a SPORTS TALK radio station to listen to sports? nah you're crazy, it's all about gary radnich talking about kim kardashian and ralph barbieri talking about amici's pizza and 58 min. of commercials

word
Not KNBR related but that ass clown Mychael Urban got the axe from CSNBA, I couldn't stand that guy.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Not KNBR related but that ass clown Mychael Urban got the axe from CSNBA, I couldn't stand that guy.

isn't he the giants columnist or beat writer? he sucks anyway