There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

KNBR

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Joecool:
95.7 is officially my new favorite sports talk station and I have only listened to it 2 days now. KNBR will only be used for podcasts of 49ers interviews.

this

Urgh! Tunein radio doesnt have that station yet!
Originally posted by Jcool:
95.7 is officially my new favorite sports talk station and I have only listened to it 2 days now. KNBR will only be used for podcasts of 49ers interviews.

this

This is where I go to listen to it.

http://tunein.com/radio/The-Game-957-s26838/
Originally posted by QBguru:
I just got this app for my android phone, It's called tunein radio. You can listen to over 50,000 channels over streaming radio. I got it so I can listen to knbr because they talk about the 40 niners. over were I live in the inland empire they never say s*** about the 49rs...

My question is which host or programs talk about the niners the most of the day so I can listen?

did you just say 40 niners?

I don't believe i've ever seen it written that way....hmmmm...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

this

Hmmmm seems i must of been looking it up wrong.

this

Hmmmm seems i must of been looking it up wrong.

yeah u just type in "the game"
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
yeah u just type in "the game"

It was coming up as unavailable but now seems to be working okay.
[ Edited by Jcool on Aug 11, 2011 at 7:49 PM ]
KNBR has become awful in the last two years. Lee Hammer has basically sold his soul to the Giants. He and the rest of the idiots at KNBR apparently have decided to tap into the "lifeblood" of a sport whose demographics have been shrinking for years as it's been relegated from national pastime to a 162 game summer nap. I don't understand it. I don't care that the Niners have sucked recently. Baseball enthusiasts have long bemoaned the fact that its relevance is dying, and new generations don't care about the boring game of baseball compared to football and basketball. For some reason, though, Hammer thinks he's going to improve their ratings by latching on to this crap nonstop.

If I was running a station in the Bay Area, I'd tell my guys to push the NFL 80% of the time, regardless of the season, and I'd stomp a mudhole in my competitors when it comes to ratings. I lived in Minneapolis for 10 years, and the guys there understood it and used to talk about how they could literally talk about the Vikings everyday if they wanted to and fill their phone lines.

I really hate Brian Murphy. He's got to be the worst interviewer on the planet, on top of being the most painfully white nerd to ever walk the planet. He makes Urkel look like Eazy E. Listen to the way b***h boy Murph tries to ask questions. Can you imagine alpha dogs like Singletary and Harbaugh trying to stomach someone whose vocal inflections make Big Gay Al blush? Of course boring assclowns like Murph and Mac want to talk baseball everyday, unless they can of course talk some golf. Jesus H. Christ on a riverboat, do they suck.

Hammer pushing Bruno out of the Radnich segment was the last straw for me. I normally like D Bruce, as he will talk Niners with no BS, but even Damon has gone Giant crazy the last year. I really hope The Game keeps their focus on football. They'll put KNBR out of its misery if they do.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
KNBR has become awful in the last two years. Lee Hammer has basically sold his soul to the Giants. He and the rest of the idiots at KNBR apparently have decided to tap into the "lifeblood" of a sport whose demographics have been shrinking for years as it's been relegated from national pastime to a 162 game summer nap. I don't understand it. I don't care that the Niners have sucked recently. Baseball enthusiasts have long bemoaned the fact that its relevance is dying, and new generations don't care about the boring game of baseball compared to football and basketball. For some reason, though, Hammer thinks he's going to improve their ratings by latching on to this crap nonstop.

If I was running a station in the Bay Area, I'd tell my guys to push the NFL 80% of the time, regardless of the season, and I'd stomp a mudhole in my competitors when it comes to ratings. I lived in Minneapolis for 10 years, and the guys there understood it and used to talk about how they could literally talk about the Vikings everyday if they wanted to and fill their phone lines.

I really hate Brian Murphy. He's got to be the worst interviewer on the planet, on top of being the most painfully white nerd to ever walk the planet. He makes Urkel look like Eazy E. Listen to the way b***h boy Murph tries to ask questions. Can you imagine alpha dogs like Singletary and Harbaugh trying to stomach someone whose vocal inflections make Big Gay Al blush? Of course boring assclowns like Murph and Mac want to talk baseball everyday, unless they can of course talk some golf. Jesus H. Christ on a riverboat, do they suck.

Hammer pushing Bruno out of the Radnich segment was the last straw for me. I normally like D Bruce, as he will talk Niners with no BS, but even Damon has gone Giant crazy the last year. I really hope The Game keeps their focus on football. They'll put KNBR out of its misery if they do.

Tell us how you really feel.
Yeah that whole mess about the Particles or whatever murph and mac would be ranting about all damn season. I barley get a signal down here in the mornings and had to stop listening cuz it wasn't worth the static. Let the niners win a couple games and everything changes until then ALL hail the World series Champs. BTW it should be that way until the niners start winning.

I thought I was the only one who hated Murph and Mac with a passion. Murph is a mega wuss who was probably a teacher's pet in elementary school that always got picked on.
Originally posted by verb1der:

I thought I was the only one who hated Murph and Mac with a passion. Murph is a mega wuss who was probably a teacher's pet in elementary school that always got picked on.

I dont really listen to KNBR much but I like the Giants. They won the World Series and are the only good team in the entire bay area so why not talk about them??? What else is KNBR going to talk about, Alex Smith?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I dont really listen to KNBR much but I like the Giants. They won the World Series and are the only good team in the entire bay area so why not talk about them??? What else is KNBR going to talk about, Alex Smith?

I don't mind the Giants talk, Murph & Mac just have such boring and dry insight about the Niners during football season. I'de rather listen to my mom talk about the Niners.

I couldn't have said it better. Its like 24-7 Giants. I can't stand the 12-3 guys. They hardly ever talk sports and when they do, its nothing but bunch of kiss ass nonsense. You think B. Murphy's interviews are bad, try listening to these two clowns. Nothing but soft balls.
KNBR has it's own App also
Originally posted by djfullshred:
KNBR & Giants have a long history with their business partnership - something that doesn't exist with any other Bay Area team & radio station. So that will always be dominant. As for the 49ers, the Bay Area in general are fair weather sports fans. The Niners have not been good for a while, and there is less interest in talking about them than us diehards who post here would like to believe. That's my take anyway.

I will say this. I lived in many cities and dealt with many fans, but I've never seen a greater collection of fairweather fans than here in Dallas. But at the end of the day, Texas is a football state all the way through HS, College and into the pro's.

Well said. If we had a rep system, you'd be getting some.