There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

KNBR

Originally posted by 190836:
98% Giants talk, 1% Niners and 1 %how great the hosts are!

Pretty much, although these percentages do changed when Niner season is full blown, more so with Fitz & Brooks.
Every show talks about the Niners pretty much all day when the football season is on.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Every show talks about the Niners pretty much all day when the football season is on.

which is the way it should be all year long
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
knbr f**king sucks. they have a million programs dedicated to the giants and talk more about the stupid warriors than niners.

They load-up on what ever is in season. They're the flagship station for the 49ers, Giants and Warriors so they get most of the play when their seasons are active. KNBR is obviously heavier on the Giants this year because they're the defending world champs. But the Niner coverage is ramping up daily. The Warrior talk is all but gone right now with the NBA lock-out which I don't miss one bit.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Syber will get annoyed with Fitzgerald right away.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Syber will get annoyed with Fitzgerald right away.

i just tried streaming the Fitz and Brooks show on the Tune-In app and it says it's "not streamed" then it gave me an option to listen to some old shows of theirs? Most recent being late July. wasssup?
Originally posted by susweel:
Knbr hardly ever talks about the niners. All they talk about is the giants.

It wasn't always that way. The Giants are winners. The Giants are a top flight organization. The Niners are losers still trying to win with a proven loser as a starting QB. The Niners don't excite. Losing doesn't excite people. NFL, Football is by far my favorite sport. I could listen to football conversation all day, but I understand why folks to Giants in this market.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i just tried streaming the Fitz and Brooks show on the Tune-In app and it says it's "not streamed" then it gave me an option to listen to some old shows of theirs? Most recent being late July. wasssup?

its giants pregame show right now, they have a game at 12;45 so no fitz and brooks today
Originally posted by Nighner:

It wasn't always that way. The Giants are winners. The Giants are a top flight organization. The Niners are losers still trying to win with a proven loser as a starting QB. The Niners don't excite. Losing doesn't excite people. NFL, Football is by far my favorite sport. I could listen to football conversation all day, but I understand why folks to Giants in this market.
Hopefully that will soon change.
Originally posted by CVNINER:
its giants pregame show right now, they have a game at 12;45 so no fitz and brooks today

great, just one more reason for me to hate baseball.
Originally posted by QBguru:
Whatever happened to Lee Hacksaw Hamilton? He was a good one. I know Rome is still on

heck yeah that guy is cool..... the fastest 3 min in sports he is on late night here in la on 570am. i think he comes on at like 9 or 10. he always talks about how tired and busy he is. i think he is or was doing like 4 shows a day. i only know of the one on 570 though.

The entire NFL is relevant all year long even when there are no games played. Majority of the people want to hear football no matter how their team is doing. The problem is that there isn't anybody at KNBR air that appears to understand or be able to talk football. The beat writers can talk more about football intricacies than the KNBR radio hosts.

They used to have Lincoln Kennedy every once in a while and those were awesome shows that talked a lot of football in general. Right now, all they have are hosts who love baseball like a cult or Rod Brooks/Tom Tolbert who can talk some basketball but even don't provide solid insight.

On the flip side, the 49ers need to do a better job with presenting KNBR with more athlete/announcer availability.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
They load-up on what ever is in season. They're the flagship station for the 49ers, Giants and Warriors so they get most of the play when their seasons are active. KNBR is obviously heavier on the Giants this year because they're the defending world champs. But the Niner coverage is ramping up daily. The Warrior talk is all but gone right now with the NBA lock-out which I don't miss one bit.

giants and warriors have always come first before the 49ers. so sad.
Originally posted by Joecool:

The entire NFL is relevant all year long even when there are no games played. Majority of the people want to hear football no matter how their team is doing. The problem is that there isn't anybody at KNBR air that appears to understand or be able to talk football. The beat writers can talk more about football intricacies than the KNBR radio hosts.

They used to have Lincoln Kennedy every once in a while and those were awesome shows that talked a lot of football in general. Right now, all they have are hosts who love baseball like a cult or Rod Brooks/Tom Tolbert who can talk some basketball but even don't provide solid insight.

On the flip side, the 49ers need to do a better job with presenting KNBR with more athlete/announcer availability.

I think Rod Brooks is the only KNBR host with logical Niner talk, then again the folks calling in are usually dummies, which makes his job quite easy.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I think Rod Brooks is the only KNBR host with logical Niner talk, then again the folks calling in are usually dummies, which makes his job quite easy.
Rod loves to berate the callers I've noticed............................reeeeeeeeeeeeeelax Rod