LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 417 users in the forums

7 Reasons the San Francisco 49ers Will Win the NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Always liked the bleacher report.

Quote:
Talent: Willis, Davis, Gore, Smith (Justin), Crabtree, Morgan, et al. As a group, there’s no pocket of talent in the NFC West to match that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/720092-seven-reasons-the-san-francisco-49ers-will-win-the-nfc-west
Originally posted by Moolji:
Always liked the bleacher report.

Quote:
Talent: Willis, Davis, Gore, Smith (Justin), Crabtree, Morgan, et al. As a group, there’s no pocket of talent in the NFC West to match that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/720092-seven-reasons-the-san-francisco-49ers-will-win-the-nfc-west

"The Bleacher Report is trash." - Me
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
you do know that they let anyone and their great grandmother write for the BR, right?
Originally posted by boast:
you do know that they let anyone and their great grandmother write for the BR, right?

Ah, I did not know that. The reason I've always liked it was cause it has a strong 49er leaning.
Reason #8

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Bleacher Report is garbage.
there is only one reason.

it's the nfc west.
these guys will start believe their own horseshiet, not prepare for games like they should and fail in the end.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
there is only one reason.

it's the nfc west.

Well said.
I can give you 7 seasons of why the niners haven't won the nfc west... way more valid than this article.

Its true no matter what you think about bleacher report. With Harbaugh we would have won the division last year and the year before
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Its true no matter what you think about bleacher report. With Harbaugh we would have won the division last year and the year before

I agree about last year. This year, I have to give it to the Rams. Bradford and McDaniels could be deadly. Sam didn't even have any recievers last year. Now he has Gilroy and Clayton back, plus Amedolia.

With the exception of AZ, our division is working to get better. And I honestly believe we drafted for next year (Kap, Culliver, even Aldon Smith). Also, we have no idea what our defense will look like under a new DC and players leaving to free agency.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I agree about last year. This year, I have to give it to the Rams. Bradford and McDaniels could be deadly. Sam didn't even have any recievers last year. Now he has Gilroy and Clayton back, plus Amedolia.

With the exception of AZ, our division is working to get better. And I honestly believe we drafted for next year (Kap, Culliver, even Aldon Smith). Also, we have no idea what our defense will look like under a new DC and players leaving to free agency.

I don't think they would pick up a defensive player at #7 thinking he only a future contributor. They would have selected a passrusher in the second or third round if that was their mindset. With possible starters available at need positions (Prince, Fairley) and good depth with the second tier of outside rushers (Justin Houston, Brooks Reed), you have to think they would have been targeting an immediate starter at that slot. Aldon Smith is a day 1 starting talent in my eyes, I think he is going to shock a lot of people.

I don't believe the niners will struggle as much as everyone else does due to the labor situation. The niners are returning nearly all of their starting lineup on both sides of the ball, all of these players are used to horrible coaching situations.

I only see the rams as a threat, not the favorite. They don't have a bluechip player on either side of the ball.
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jun 3, 2011 at 1:50 PM ]

I don't think they would pick up a defensive player at #7 thinking he only a future contributor. They would have selected a passrusher in the second or third round if that was their mindset. With possible starters available at need positions (Prince, Fairley) and good depth with the second tier of outside rushers (Justin Houston, Brooks Reed), you have to think they would have been targeting an immediate starter at that slot. Aldon Smith is a day 1 starting talent in my eyes, I think he is going to shock a lot of people.

I don't believe the niners will struggle as much as everyone else does due to the labor situation. The niners are returning nearly all of their starting lineup on both sides of the ball, all of these players are used to horrible coaching situations.

I only see the rams as a threat, not the favorite. They don't have a bluechip player on either side of the ball.

, do you mean like a probowler? Kind of like Steven Jackson.

Or are you talking young talent? Kind of like Amendola, Bradford, Long, Saffold, or Laurinitis?

That's not even taking into account their injured WR's like Clayton & Avery, or assuming success for any of their draft picks. Considering in this post Harbaugh and his staff are an instant success then we have to give the same courtesy to McDaniels. Which would make that the best offense in the NFC West.

They may not be as stacked as the Niners on paper, but they have allot of young talent that is poised to break out.
Originally posted by 5280High:

, do you mean like a probowler? Kind of like Steven Jackson.

Or are you talking young talent? Kind of like Amendola, Bradford, Long, Saffold, or Laurinitis?

That's not even taking into account their injured WR's like Clayton & Avery, or assuming success for any of their draft picks. Considering in this post Harbaugh and his staff are an instant success then we have to give the same courtesy to McDaniels. Which would make that the best offense in the NFC West.

They may not be as stacked as the Niners on paper, but they have allot of young talent that is poised to break out.

No, Im not talking about former probowlers like Steven Jackson. I am talking about current, top 10 players at their position like Willis Davis J.Smith and Frank Gore. Steven Jackson is a yardage machnine but has not broken 4 yards a carry in several seasons.

Clayton and Avery are not elite players waiting to break out, not even close. The best young players they have right now besides Bradford are on defense as you said; Long and Laurinitis. Throw Saffold in their if you want to grab at straws. Hes a good player, not a star.
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jun 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone