There are 102 users in the forums

Official: Our #1 rival thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Official: Our #1 rival thread

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
F*** the Cowboys
Cowboys, Packers, Giants. I still wince at the 49-3 massacre at Giants Stadium when Jim Burt's hit on Joe almost put him into retirement. The 97 lost to the Packers 23-10, I'll never forget Steve walking off the field muddy and beaten. Favre threw bullets all day.
can't believe with all the spanking we got from green bay, only 8% (as much as the rams) call GB our rivals.

I get the whole 70-80-90 rivalry.. but it's been since 94'. I will remind everyone that green bay is thje net threat to not only tie us in superbowls but to surpass us.. (thank god we have harbaugh)
The Cowboys were the most hated for a good 8-10 year back in the 90's. But that has long since faded. The only consistent rival has been the Rams. We only play the Raiders once every 4 years so they don't count and the Seahawks are still to new to us. RAMS it is for me.
Cowboys... most hated team BY FAR!

cardinals are easily becoming out best modern rival..

cowboys are however our best storied rivalry by a long shot..
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
A lot of you screaming Dallas but Dallas is not our true rival.. Dallas fans dont even consider us as rivals.. Truth is Dallas one real rival is the Redskins, no matter what their records is PERIOD

Face it Dallas, Giants, and Green Bay all knock us out of superbowls. I think what is going on is a lot of people dislikes Dallas fan cause of how they carry but that does make them our rival it just makes them ignorant. A true rival for us I would say GB more so than any named, We played them more and Favre Owned us, plus to add feul there is the our Aaron Rodgers thing wanting to pummel us every chance he gets.. But a big time rival I think we are missing partly because we have been irrelevant for so long now.

I live in San Antonio where I am neck deep in Cowboys fans, they hold training camp here. And Sir I hate to break your bubble but they DO consider the Niners rivals, and hate them to the core. Whenever someone asks who my team is and I say "Niners" they CRINGE.

[ Edited by Shifter on Feb 10, 2011 at 22:43:41 ]
how are the Rams not on the poll? historically they are our biggest rivals. but I voted Cowgirls, I can't stand that f**king team.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
how are the Rams not on the poll? historically they are our biggest rivals. but I voted Cowgirls, I can't stand that f**king team.

they are on the poll.. i just put st. louis.. my bad.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
How the Cards and Raiders not included in the poll ? Talk about fail. One is a division rival the other is our Bay Area Rival. You can't start a thread about our #1 rival and exclude them for "any Superbowl winner" or the Steelers.

Well, like you I live in ohio. However, on the other side of the state. The side closer to freakin Pittsburgh and these wretched fans.

Yea it was the packers and cowboys back in the 90's. But 20 years later it's the Steelers that have what we want. They have the best organization in football. They have the 6 superbowls. So for me Pittsburgh is my most hated team.

And it's my families (and in-laws) favorite teams. So.....

[ Edited by krizay on Feb 11, 2011 at 05:50:16 ]

How the Cards and Raiders not included in the poll ? Talk about fail. One is a division rival the other is our Bay Area Rival. You can't start a thread about our #1 rival and exclude them for "any Superbowl winner" or the Steelers.

Is it me or ARE the cards and raiders both on the poll....

just sayin'..
It's f**king sad that Seattle and Arizona are even on that list.
Originally posted by tondiman:

Is it me or ARE the cards and raiders both on the poll....

just sayin'..

[ Edited by OKC49erFan on Feb 11, 2011 at 10:06:59 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Cowboys and it's not close. f**k the cowgirls and anyone who supports them.

THIS!!!
right now. Rams since they're probably be projected to win the west next year.

all time is dallas.
Share 49ersWebzone