LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 218 users in the forums

Popular veteran player Harbaugh will get rid of

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Niners99:
LOL i think Harbaugh is smart enough not to make his first big cut in the NFL the franchises best RB since HOFer Joe Perry.

Gore isnt even 28 yet. Harbaugh would be a fool to get rid of his kind of talent, regardless of what kind of team player Gore is.

btw when Gore got hurt this year, they had to hide his helmet so he wouldnt try to sneak in the game. players who are all about themselves wouldnt risk further injury. its not a good business move. players who want to help their team win would try and get back into the game.

whatever dude frank gore was just trying to pad his stats and stuff, he is not a team player

lol how the heck do you know if Gore is a team player or not? you play on the team with him?

theres never been anything said from anyone who could know that, to suggest he isnt a team player.

i was just joking
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
I know we screamed for a house cleaning to go down but this is more like a staff tornado tearing thru. That's how ya run a team.

The house cleaning I wanted has aready happened with the results that were in the best interests of the 9ers...an offensive minded HC. As far as the players are concerned, I would think that those who do not match what Harbaugh would want to use will be gone.

One reason I put Walker on my list is that he is more of an H-back type and I can see him playing that role but he is not a typical TE due to his blocking limitations. Bynam and Davis are more typical. I hope that only a few changes have to be made becuase the fewer changes the less time to turn the team around.

The OLine is a major concern for Harbaugh as that is the key to establishing stability. Heitmann's experience may be important there. Sims has shown he is a good LT but did poorly on the right side a couple years ago. In the 80's players were cross trained and the line was incredibly adaptable when injuries occured. That would be nice to see again but Bobb was a really good line coach.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 13, 2011 at 7:16 AM ]
I definitely think Clements will be the player to get cut. His coverage the past 2 seasons has been suspect especially when guarding receivers that can catch the deep ball. Too many big plays have been given up on his side of the field.
Joe Nedney
Josh Morgan
Moran Norris

Bank on it
Frank Gore's career is amazing, what sickens me is the fact that he probably won't go to the hall of fame even though he works so hard and did so much. I will be heart broken if my team, the 49ers, used and abused Frank for so long and then just through him aside like trash. Frank should get to finish his full career as a 49er the team that he loves and we love. He deserves every bit of acknowledgement he gets and none of the criticism. From my time watching as a 49er fan I have seen nothing but hard work and results from Frank Gore.
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Frank Gore's career is amazing, what sickens me is the fact that he probably won't go to the hall of fame even though he works so hard and did so much. I will be heart broken if my team, the 49ers, used and abused Frank for so long and then just through him aside like trash. Frank should get to finish his full career as a 49er the team that he loves and we love. He deserves every bit of acknowledgement he gets and none of the criticism. From my time watching as a 49er fan I have seen nothing but hard work and results from Frank Gore.

Much love for Gore but this is a business .. after letting players like Montana, Rice, Lott and even TO walk you should know there are rarely career long alliances to any player ... hopefully Harbaugh can see the obvious which is Franky G is a good player .. I keep hearing Clements name thrown around but I'd like to see him stay .. restructure his massive contract and keep him ..
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

The 49ers want to keep CB Nate Clements . . . but not under a contract that could pay him $15M in 2011. http://bit.ly/ekHsv6

Veteran cornerback Nate Clements will be asked to accept a reduced salary in order to return to the 49ers in 2011, according to team and league sources familiar with his contract.

also from that link

The 49ers are expected to approach Clements in the next six weeks to negotiate a new deal. If the sides are unable to reach an agreement, the 49ers would release Clements -- either before the collective bargaining agreement expires on March 3 or after the new CBA is agreed upon.

If the 49ers release Clements, they would have no further financial obligations to him and he would become a free agent.

Read more: Sources: Clements won't return under current contract
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM ]
HOLY... SH*T!!! I barely saw this thread.

really? Gore? really????!?!

I have seen BuzzB make brilliant posts compared to this hot pile.

if anything, it wont be cutting a player, but letting a player walk. Such as Manny or Franklin.

But then again, Harbaugh doesnt have power over the 53, so....
I had to skip around a little, so I apologize if I'm repeating. Some things that I would like to point out:

Concerning 49ers former philosophy of releasing players earlier rather than later:
1) It didn't always work out the way we planned it. Ask Steve Young about Haley on the Cowboys
2) In many cases, we had replacements for those players already on the roster(Montana/Young, Rice/Owens, Hicks/Lott).
3)Lott and Craig were lost on Plan B Free Agency. Did we receive anything of value there? If not, then using them as an example of why trading Frank Gore is a good idea doesn't work.

Concerning Frank Gore's desire to be on the field at all times: Most of the really great players have that attitude. It's up to Harbaugh to dictate when Frank's out there and when he's not. Frank may or may not like being off the field, but I've never heard anything about him being a problem personality in the locker room, regardless of his role. I also suspect that winning would be an excellent salve to any wounds his pride may suffer.

Concerning the role of the RB in the WCO: When the 49ers were at their best, they had a primary RB that handled the majority of the load. Craig(after Tyler left), Waters, Hearst, and Gore. A primary back is a big part of Harbaugh's power version of the WCO(see Gerhardt, Toby).

Concerning Frank's hip: Early reports were that the injury was career threatening. However, once it was determined that it would not require surgery, then the prognosis became significantly more positive, even going so far as to say that Frank would be back up to speed by TC.

That's all I have time for right now. Off to work.
Originally posted by servegmo:
Originally posted by susweel:
Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

My money says its gonna be Gore.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

who do you think its gonna be ???

why does everybody wants to get rid of gore??? to me its just stupid... he is one of our best players he isn't even 30 years old and he is an elite (top 3) power runner in the nfl, have any of you guys see the Harbaugh offense?? is a power offense he is one of the most important pieces already in place.. I may be wrong but I think you guys are crazy!!!!

go niners

I love gore but how old is he,, what ever age he is,,its probly doubled they way we have used him over the last few years,,, he has been ran into the ground.

It might be better to get rid of him now while he has value, although who knows how much value with the hip thing.

everyone who thinks it's wise to get rid of gore right now needs to pucker up when he busts a couple 50+ yarders next season.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Sacksv your sarcasm makes you look loke you have no common sense

Thank you sir. I do my bestest.
I really doubt gore didn't want to go out of games because he wanted to get more stats. I believe it was because he knew we had no quarterback, so he was trying to carry the team to a win on his back. He believed him getting the ball would give the team the best chance to win.
Sorry to say but I think the guy on this banner will be gone next season.

Originally posted by baybreaker707:
Sorry to say but I think the guy on this banner will be gone next season.

LOL....it looks like this guy is just BEGGING to be banned....LOL!
Share 49ersWebzone