There are 997 users in the forums

NFC West: 2.5 Games Back - 5 Divisional Games Left

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by John-ATL:
I don't get it. 2.5 games back with 5 divisional games left? Are we playing the same team 5 times?

We are 2.5 games back with 2 divisional games left against the Rams and Cards and only 1 left against SEA.

That means if we win all of them, we are still 0.5 games back. So far, the "overrated" Rams are beating teams we have lost to. Let us hope teams begin to improve against that rookie QB as more film is there to look at.

I said 5 dividional games left, right?

Cards twice
Rams twice
Hawks once

That makes five...

We need to win all 5.

Its better than our record being 2-6 and only have 2-3 divisional games left.

Yes it is better but now we don't hold our fate in our own hands. If we win all, we will still be 0.5 games back. We will need these teams to lose one of the non head-to-head games.

Joe the .5 comes from the fact that we have played more games than the Seahawks, that will change this week. After this sunday we will either be 3 games back or 2 games back
I don't get it. 2.5 games back with 5 divisional games left? Are we playing the same team 5 times?

We are 2.5 games back with 2 divisional games left against the Rams and Cards and only 1 left against SEA.

That means if we win all of them, we are still 0.5 games back. So far, the "overrated" Rams are beating teams we have lost to. Let us hope teams begin to improve against that rookie QB as more film is there to look at.

By your brilliant logic since we whipped the raiders and they beat the rams.....whos really better? We lost by 3 to the saints phi and 2 to atl after all the turnovers......that is very impressive. If the niners got 5 turnovers against no phi or 3 against atl done deal. Not to mention we would of beaten car at their home with either smith in the whole game. Wait until the rams play a good team you will see THEY ARE OVERRATED. They play no atl done and done. They may not even get 6 wins the whole season.
The niners only tough games are gb sd and i guess tb at home. We could win the division very realistically
All I see on this board is that our season is lost.

What kind of fans are you?

If we stay with Alex Smith, who knows the whole playbook and continues to improve, we have a shot at this.

Singletary said the team bonded in London, then they won, and now we get rest on our Bye.

Then we play an OVERRATED Rams team.

Greenbay and SD are the toughest left on our schedule. We can beat both teams.

Our CB's are playing solid. Mays and Goldson are the only week links on the defense.

Alex Smith will get healthy and lead our team. The season isnt over yet.

*I'm not against Troy Smith. I watched the game and he scrambled better than Alex, but other than that, he does not have the same talent.

I like your optimism, BUT...I think Alex Smith's days with the 49ers are done.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Cards twice
Rams twice
Hawks once

That makes five...

We need to win all 5.

Yes it is better but now we don't hold our fate in our own hands. If we win all, we will still be 0.5 games back. We will need these teams to lose one of the non head-to-head games.

Joe the .5 comes from the fact that we have played more games than the Seahawks, that will change this week. After this sunday we will either be 3 games back or 2 games back

So how does that change the fact that our fate is not entirely in our hands? Are we going to force SEA to lose this week? What if they win? What if the 0.5 turns into 1? We have no control over that 0.5.

Cards twice
Rams twice
Hawks once

That makes five...

We need to win all 5.

So how does that change the fact that our fate is not entirely in our hands? Are we going to force SEA to lose this week? What if they win? What if the 0.5 turns into 1? We have no control over that 0.5.

see the bold

Cards twice
Rams twice
Hawks once

That makes five...

We need to win all 5.

see the bold

And if SEA and ARI win this week? I'm confused.
Originally posted by susweel:
I think the Rams are gonna win the division.

cant believe I just said that.

Hmmmm...it will be very tough for them. This is who they have left:
@SF
Atl
@Den
@AZ
@NO
KC
SF
@Sea

Other than Den, they have some very tough opponents. Those three away games in a row will be brutal.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran

*I'm not against Troy Smith. I watched the game and he scrambled better than Alex, but other than that, he does not have the same talent.

are you related to alex smith?

Cards twice
Rams twice
Hawks once

That makes five...

We need to win all 5.

see the bold

And if SEA and ARI win this week? I'm confused.

If Sea wins this week then we are 3 back
If Sea Loses this week then we are 2 back

If Ari wins we are 2 back of them
If Ari loses we are 1 back of them
"Singletary says the team bonded in London."

Why are you listening to Singletary? The players tuned him out weeks ago.

The rest of 2010 is now all about the future beyond this season. Alex Smith is not in that picture, so why should he play again this year?
[ Edited by jimbagg on Nov 2, 2010 at 11:27 AM ]

Originally posted by jimbagg:

The rest of 2010 is now all about the future beyond this season. Alex Smith is not in that picture, so why should he play again this year?

But it isn't just that Singletary said it, so did the players. And you are right, A. Smith is not in the picture for 2010 nor 2011 given how T. Smith performs. I think that the players will take more control like voicing their displeasure with the conservative play calling like they did in London.

I just want a better product on the field for the rest of the season and maybe a chance at the playoff IF we start winning games.

But one thing is for certain and I feel it: Singletary and Alex will NOT be back next year and you can take that to the bank!

I hope that T. Smith does well enough to provide leadership through the QB ranks. I am sure Troy would be an excellent Mentor to N. Davis and the new rook QB.

I just feel that's the direction will be going next year and say good bye to Alex Smith and David Carr.

Thank goodness and good riddance.

Now, we simply focus one game at a time with Troy at the helm.

At the very minimum, he's so fun too watch!
All I see on this board is that our season is lost.

What kind of fans are you?

If we stay with Alex Smith, who knows the whole playbook and continues to improve, we have a shot at this.

Singletary said the team bonded in London, then they won, and now we get rest on our Bye.

Then we play an OVERRATED Rams team.

Greenbay and SD are the toughest left on our schedule. We can beat both teams.

Our CB's are playing solid. Mays and Goldson are the only week links on the defense.

Wow! Thank You!....Finally read a logical well thought out post....the zoners on here who seem more like moles, who LOVE SAM BRADFORD & Whoever else isnt on our team should go be fans of those teams....

2.5 games back....8 games left....it isnt impossible....and yes, Troy played well enough to win, Gore was Gore & the D stepped it up....Alex is the better option right now.....Let Alex finish the season....the stage is set....Can he win the division? We shall see!

NINERS4LIFE!
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zaro49er:
Alex is the better option right now.....

are you also related to alex smith?

i gave alex every chance in the world to get my support. that terrible play against philly killed any chance he'll ever get of having my support.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Don't suck yourself in to believing in this team. I fully expect to come out of the bye week looking flat and unprepared and back to the usual mess.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by jimbagg:

But it isn't just that Singletary said it, so did the players. And you are right, A. Smith is not in the picture for 2010 nor 2011 given how T. Smith performs. I think that the players will take more control like voicing their displeasure with the conservative play calling like they did in London.

I just want a better product on the field for the rest of the season and maybe a chance at the playoff IF we start winning games.

But one thing is for certain and I feel it: Singletary and Alex will NOT be back next year and you can take that to the bank!

I hope that T. Smith does well enough to provide leadership through the QB ranks. I am sure Troy would be an excellent Mentor to N. Davis and the new rook QB.

I just feel that's the direction will be going next year and say good bye to Alex Smith and David Carr.

Thank goodness and good riddance.

Now, we simply focus one game at a time with Troy at the helm.

At the very minimum, he's so fun too watch!

He's fun to watch??? Was it fun to watch him pretty much do nothing the 1st half of the game??? To heave a pass up in the air and luckily be caught by Delanie???

If that's all you got...then Alex really needs to be back in there.....Fine, you hate Alex....but that doesn't mean he can't win with this team....you'll prob be the 1st one on here next year saying look at Alex ripping it up with WHATEVER team....just like the morons who keep looking at what Shaun Hill is doing.....

NINERS4LIFE!
Share 49ersWebzone