LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 214 users in the forums

Vernon Davis misses Wed practice?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
VD can miss practice all he wants, as long as he keeps performing the way he's been.

u mean not getting open? or seperation?

Alexcuse
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Practice? Who needs practice? I mean we talking about practice......famous words from Iverson.

You need motivation to practice and losing games isn't it.
Originally posted by jalapeno49:
Wow, no wonder this team is struggling! Even the fans expect players to regularly miss practices. Either he's a leader by example, or he's just another NFL TE who just signed a $50mil extension. And in a game that determines whether we go 1-7, or not, isn't he putting himself above all else? I mean, unless he's really hurt. Last time I checked, a 41yr old qb will play this sunday for the 292nd straight game, with #2 fractures in his ankle. Anyone know what VD's injury is?

I, like many others wow at VD's potential. But, it seems, once the contract extension got done = less dependable? Can he get back to being a pro bowl quality TE? And is he a guy we can afford to keep with Walker & Byham up next? Particularly, if we can get a #1 next year and a #3 the following yr for him?

And why isn't he practicing? Can someone enlighten me? With a brand new qb (with no 1st or 2nd team reps) wouldn't it help VD and the team to get a few reps in? Hell, even if he's just running in a straight line (which is what he and Alex do the best - seam route).

Last I checked, that 41 year old QB missed practice on Wednesday as well, but don't let that stop you from spewing crap.
Wow, no wonder this team is struggling! Even the fans expect players to regularly miss practices. Either he's a leader by example, or he's just another NFL TE who just signed a $50mil extension. And in a game that determines whether we go 1-7, or not, isn't he putting himself above all else? I mean, unless he's really hurt. Last time I checked, a 41yr old qb will play this sunday for the 292nd straight game, with #2 fractures in his ankle. Anyone know what VD's injury is?

I, like many others wow at VD's potential. But, it seems, once the contract extension got done = less dependable? Can he get back to being a pro bowl quality TE? And is he a guy we can afford to keep with Walker & Byham up next? Particularly, if we can get a #1 next year and a #3 the following yr for him?

And why isn't he practicing? Can someone enlighten me? With a brand new qb (with no 1st or 2nd team reps) wouldn't it help VD and the team to get a few reps in? Hell, even if he's just running in a straight line (which is what he and Alex do the best - seam route).

Don't get your panties in a ruffle. Did you not see Valrod's answer to your question RIGHT AFTER YOUR POST? He has an ankle and I'm sure everyone who knows how to handle a professional athlete (not you nor I) would much rather have him stay off of it so that he's healthy when it counts; Gameday.
Respectfully disagree. Diff between 41yr old's ankle and VD's is #2 fractures. Spewing crap? This team needs LEADERS and VD should be near his offensive unit & coaches if he's unable to practice, imo. I like tough guys who play thru pain, and this franchise's name is all over the Hall of Fame because of guys like Lott, Montana, Craig, Rathman and at least #50 other guys who were a) tough as hell, b) fully committed to winning at all costs, c) smarter & better prepared, d) more talented and e) prideful of the 49ers name, team and legacy.

If you were the team captin of a 1-6 team that everyone picked to win their div and you just signed a $50mil extension with SERIOUS guaranteed $$, what would you do? Seriously. And I fully admit that VD's injury may be more serious that wee know. I guess we'll see on sunday.

Nuff said on subject.
Respectfully disagree. Diff between 41yr old's ankle and VD's is #2 fractures. Spewing crap? This team needs LEADERS and VD should be near his offensive unit & coaches if he's unable to practice, imo. I like tough guys who play thru pain, and this franchise's name is all over the Hall of Fame because of guys like Lott, Montana, Craig, Rathman and at least #50 other guys who were a) tough as hell, b) fully committed to winning at all costs, c) smarter & better prepared, d) more talented and e) prideful of the 49ers name, team and legacy.

If you were the team captin of a 1-6 team that everyone picked to win their div and you just signed a $50mil extension with SERIOUS guaranteed $$, what would you do? Seriously. And I fully admit that VD's injury may be more serious that wee know. I guess we'll see on sunday.

Nuff said on subject.

wow. you are reading way too much into this.
BTW VD practiced today

mattbarrows Vernon Davis practicing today. He'll play Sunday ...
Valrod, "reading too much into it?" The NFL wire is flush with reports that VD was very limited in practice today and will be a game time decision. I think it's more serious, but we won't really know until sunday. The fact that he was out there with his teammates is a + sign.

Also, if our game plan will be to run, run, run, maybe VD ought to sit this one out anyway. The other two TE's are good blocking TE's, and we'll definitely need a healthy VD down the stretch.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
and we'll definitely need a healthy VD down the stretch.

For what?
Season is over anyways, so who really cares if he practices or even plays?

Keep him fresh for next year.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
VD can miss practice all he wants, as long as he keeps performing the way he's been.

Agree

Valrod, "reading too much into it?" The NFL wire is flush with reports that VD was very limited in practice today and will be a game time decision. I think it's more serious, but we won't really know until sunday. The fact that he was out there with his teammates is a + sign.

Also, if our game plan will be to run, run, run, maybe VD ought to sit this one out anyway. The other two TE's are good blocking TE's, and we'll definitely need a healthy VD down the stretch.

Cant you read? In my post i included a tweet from Barrows where it says Vernon will be on Sunday
If I can follow your BS pillow talk, yes I suppose I can read.

How 'bout you read this delightful quote from VD as posted at the end of nfl.com's preview of this week's Niners/Broncos game. He's boasting to his teammates on the sideline: "Big-time players make big-time plays, baby!"

In 7 games our $7mil/yr TE is averging 6 catches, .57 TD's and nearly $400,000 per game. With most of those catches meaningless checkdowns.

So glad to see that you're confident that VD will start just because you saw it in a tweet. Good FBI!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
If I can follow your BS pillow talk, yes I suppose I can read.

Are you mad because the season has been such hugely f**king painful heartbreaking disappointment or are you just an angry person?
Some people just are not happy unless they are bit@ching about something
[ Edited by fugitiverecovery on Oct 30, 2010 at 8:45 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

Cant you read? In my post i included a tweet from Barrows where it says Vernon will be on Sunday

Apparently he can't (no homo)
Share 49ersWebzone