LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 298 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn: Fire Singletary - NOW

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This time its Singletary!

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20101010/NEWS/101019989?p=all&tc=pgall

[ Edited by DominantQE on Oct 11, 2010 at 00:37:22 ]
Blah blah blah, reading Lowell Cohn is getting so old. The guy only has something to say when things are going bad, and that's when EVERYONE has something to say.
Originally posted by Method:
Blah blah blah, reading Lowell Cohn is getting so old. The guy only has something to say when things are going bad, and that's when EVERYONE has something to say.

I also would like to add he preens himself in this s**t as if it's revolutionary and inspiring. f**k Cohn. He cried about this Webzone thrashing him. Good journalism, ya dips**t!
I normally don't agree with Lowell Cohn, and I don't agree with him now.

If we're gonna fire Singletary, fire him when we're statistically out of it. The team is still playing hard... just coming up short in the end.

If we fire him now, we're all but guaranteeing we're giving up on the season. Yeah, no other team has gone 0-5 and made it, but it's still entirely possible. I'm sure the '92 Chargers were told that no other team had gone 0-4 and made it, but they still kept fighting.

As long as the team keeps playing hard and we have a chance, Singletary should remain the head coach.

Of course, when we're statistically out, the webzone will be an interesting place to be.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
he's not telling you what you want to hear, that's the problem. I don't see a single thing in that article that I disagree with.
Originally posted by Shaj:
he's not telling you what you want to hear, that's the problem. I don't see a single thing in that article that I disagree with.

+1
Originally posted by FourNine49:

He's a very negative person, that's the type of articles he's most known for, and that's the type of people he writes for.

I'm not a completely negative person.

Singletary is doing a horrible job, and being incredibly stubborn with our offense, but firing him right now would be pointless.

[ Edited by Method on Oct 11, 2010 at 00:39:25 ]
What Cohn doesn't realize is that the Yorks have excellent value with a discount coach and no GM. I think they will continue to stick with it.

I can appreciate a writer pointing stuff out, but he does it in a... provocative manner. I mostly stay away from Cohn and only read what Barrows and Maiocco write. Most 49er fans know Barrows and Maiocco for their reporting of the news. Most 49er fans know Cohn as the guy who got into a touchy conversation with Singletary at a press conference. Overall, he's right that our franchise is in disarray though.

[ Edited by Wubbie on Oct 11, 2010 at 00:44:32 ]
Originally posted by Wubbie:

I can appreciate a writer pointing stuff out, but he does it in a... provocative manner. I mostly stay away from Cohn and only read what Barrows and Maiocco write. Most 49er fans know Barrows and Maiocco for their reporting of the news. Most 49er fans know Cohn as the guy who got into a touchy conversation at a press conference. Overall, he's right that our franchise is in disarray though.

Cohn mostly just doesn't like Sing and pretty much anybody in this organization.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Wubbie:

I can appreciate a writer pointing stuff out, but he does it in a... provocative manner. I mostly stay away from Cohn and only read what Barrows and Maiocco write. Most 49er fans know Barrows and Maiocco for their reporting of the news. Most 49er fans know Cohn as the guy who got into a touchy conversation with Singletary at a press conference. Overall, he's right that our franchise is in disarray though.

Barrows and Maiocco are great for fast and complete inside info, but they need fan support or they get fired. They can't afford to make make aggressive negative statements about the team, even if true, because the fan base will turn on them, as will 49ers mgmt, and their career as highly followed beat writers will be over.......

Cohn, Kawakami, and Ann Killion all write brutally honest articles because they have more of an arms length distance from the team (but not from the team info) and know they aren't competing in a popularity contest. I like their approach much better.
Cohn = Troll. Unfortunatly he's right.
Fire him now? And who becomes the HC? Obviously, when you replace the HC during the season, the replacement comes from within the organization. Lets see.....

Manusky? Another defensive minded HC? I doubt it. Unless he was willing to give the OC FULL AND COMPLETE control over the offense.
Johnson? I doubt this one also. He brings about the same amount of exp as Sing did when he was hired.
Solari? I don't really know much about him. I do know he hasn't done s**t for the offensive line. The starters are nothing but 1st and 2nd round picks, and they have been horrible this season.
Rathman? A Niner legend, but that doesn't mean squat as a HC.

I couldn't see the brass promoting anyone other than these four.
Share 49ersWebzone