There are 123 users in the forums

This week's script for the first offensive series...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
...ought to be real interesting. While I'd love to see them go no-huddle spread with 3WR's, Vernon split out and Frank as the only RB with Alex letting it rip, I'm realistic enough to think it'll be more like the start of the Atlanta game.

But I would be very surprised if the first play from scrimmage was Frank up the middle.
1) Run up middle.
2) Run up middle.
3) Run up middle.
4) Punt.
5) Play defense.
6) Repeat cycle over and and over and over.

Look for new scapegoat.
I don't know what to expect this week. The Eagles are terrible against the run, and very good against the pass. They're also very good at getting to the QB. If the game plan is conservative this week, I hope we at least mix in a lot of play-action.
Originally posted by Yetiman:
...ought to be real interesting. While I'd love to see them go no-huddle spread with 3WR's, Vernon split out and Frank as the only RB with Alex letting it rip, I'm realistic enough to think it'll be more like the start of the Atlanta game.

But I would be very surprised if the first play from scrimmage was Frank up the middle.

Probably. Or maybe an outside run with westbrook. A play action pass deep to ginn would be sweet
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) Run up middle.
2) Run up middle.
3) Run up middle.
4) Punt.
5) Play defense.

Look for new scapegoat.

Where did you get that script from? Jimmy Raye? Because last week's game with MJ wasn't close to that.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
1) Run up middle.
2) Run up middle.
3) Run up middle.
4) Punt.
5) Play defense.

Look for new scapegoat.

Where did you get that script from? Jimmy Raye? Because last week's game with MJ wasn't close to that.

This is still mostly what we do.
1) Run up middle.
2) Run up middle.
3) Run up middle.
4) Punt.
5) Play defense.

Look for new scapegoat.

This is still mostly what we did.

Fixed* And as of last week no it's not.
1) Run up middle.
2) Run up middle.
3) Run up middle.
4) Punt.
5) Play defense.

Look for new scapegoat.

I didn't see a lot of spread it out and chuck it all around the field. We are still a very, very conservative offense. We play scared.
1) Run up middle.
2) Run up middle.
3) Run up middle.
4) Punt.
5) Play defense.

Look for new scapegoat.

I didn't see a lot of spread it out and chuck it all around the field. We are still a very, very conservative offense. We play scared.

Regardless we PASSED more. Passed on first downs, ran it OUTSIDE instead of up the middle up. Blame Alex for playing "scared." He needs to throw more vertically. Proof's in the pudding, Gore has more receptions than his fellow WR's so far this season.
Vs ATL our first play was still Frank up the middle.

1) Run up middle.
2) Run up middle.
3) Run up middle.
4) Punt.
5) Play defense.

Look for new scapegoat.

Regardless we PASSED more. Passed on first downs, ran it OUTSIDE instead of up the middle up. Blame Alex for playing "scared." He needs to throw more vertically. Proof's in the pudding, Gore has more receptions than his fellow WR's so far this season.

Singletary is very scared too. It's just as much him. He wants to play scared offense and powerhouse defense. It's the 85 Bears. Only problem is it's 2010 and the NFL has changed... Any OC is just a pawn for him. It's Sing's system.
1) Run up middle.
2) Run up middle.
3) Run up middle.
4) Punt.
5) Play defense.

Look for new scapegoat.

Singletary is very scared too. It's just as much him. He wants to play scared offense and powerhouse defense. It's the 85 Bears. Only problem is it's 2010 and the NFL has changed... Any OC is just a pawn for him. It's Sing's system.

You never can know whether a checkdown or a pass to the flat to Gore is scripted or not. For all we know it could just be Alex's decision making.

[ Edited by defenderDX on Oct 7, 2010 at 17:05:44 ]
1) Run up middle.
2) Run up middle.
3) Run up middle.
4) Punt.
5) Play defense.

Look for new scapegoat.

You never can know whether a checkdown or a pass to the flat to Gore is scripted or not. For all we know it could just be Alex's decision making.

It's a lot of Sings offense too. Play scared, don't turn the ball over and win on defense. It's his gameplan in every game. Only problem the NFL has changed.
1) Run up middle.
2) Run up middle.
3) Run up middle.
4) Punt.
5) Play defense.

Look for new scapegoat.

It's a lot of Sings offense too. Play scared, don't turn the ball over and win on defense. It's his gameplan in every game. Only problem the NFL has changed.

Play scared isn't what he's preaching. You mean play conservative offense. I'm hoping Mike Singletary backs the f**k off and allows Johnson to get creative and innovative with the offense. Seemed like there were signs of that last week.

[ Edited by defenderDX on Oct 7, 2010 at 17:12:02 ]
Share 49ersWebzone